Big X Rival Poll

Big X Rival Poll  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've said more than once, but I'll say it until I'm blue in the face, you aren't going to build a rivalry with teams that you won't play every year.

Totally agree.

If Nebraska has a rival, it will be either Iowa (the likely one due to geography) or Wisconsin (the better one).

I've said more than once, but I'll say it until I'm blue in the face, you aren't going to build a rivalry with teams that you won't play every year.

And I also don't think we're going to have a rivalry with any team that already has an elite rivalry in the mix. Sorry Ohio St. and Michigan voters. It would be like Colorado forcing their rivalry concept on us.

I agree with Drew. I voted for Michigan because I think they're the last Big 10 team we played, and because there wasn't a "none of the above" option. I don't think we'll have a rival for a while in the Big 10, and I don't think we'll need one. We'll just play ball for a while, and if a rivalry develops, a rivalry develops.

I agree with Drew. I voted for Michigan because I think they're the last Big 10 team we played, and because there wasn't a "none of the above" option. I don't think we'll have a rival for a while in the Big 10, and I don't think we'll need one. We'll just play ball for a while, and if a rivalry develops, a rivalry develops.

Bingo. Who know, maybe paterno retires in 2 years and Ferentz goes to PSU and Iowa falls by the wayside. It'd be like our current "rivalry" with Colorado. Maybe Dantonio picks up MSU and we go back and forth win-loss win-loss with them. After all, they were the first team Bo ever beat as a head coach. Maybe same goes with Wisconsin, who looks to be looking up right now.

Bingo. Who know, maybe paterno retires in 2 years and Ferentz goes to PSU and Iowa falls by the wayside. It'd be like our current "rivalry" with Colorado. Maybe Dantonio picks up MSU and we go back and forth win-loss win-loss with them. After, they were the first team Bo ever beat as a head coach. Maybe same goes with Wisconsin, who looks to be looking up right now.

4 main rivals and a possible one

Iowa= Border states

Penn State= They whine because Nebraska didnt play them in 1994 for the National Championship

Ohio State= Because they are usually good and i would like to have a rivalry with them

Michigan= They whine because we share a National Championship with them for the 1997 season because they laid an egg in their bowl game.

Possible rivalry:

Minnesota because of 9/17/1983 we gave them a beating for a lifetime 84-13

A

Totally agree.

If Nebraska has a rival, it will be either Iowa (the likely one due to geography) or Wisconsin (the better one).

We can just forget about a geographical rival. Ain't no team good enough for us in our geographical area to consider as our top rival. I don't want another cu rivalry rammed down our throats.

The only team in the big 10 that shares a past history with us, a similar level of prestige, and doesn't not already have an ultimate rival (unlike Mich and osu ) is Penn St.

The only problem is we wont play them every year if the big 10 goes into their predicted divisions, but that is no excuse to settle for a lower tier program.

Were freaking Nebraska!!! Y settle for no champion Iowa, just because we "need" a rival? It's disgusting and absurd for uscto lower our standards to such

If we have learned anything from cu, its that u can't force a rivalry, and then Penn St game is the only case where there was already somewhat of a rivalry to begin with. Don't tell me that no title Iowa, a team that has been repeatedly killed by us (remember our last meeting in 2000 were we won 42-13), is a good rival for us! Its ridiculous! Talk about the bad end of a settlement.

And besides osu, Mich, and psu Iowa is the best program in in the big 10, so if they don't reach our qualifications y on earth r some people shouting for Minnesota and Wisconsin? Get real people, Wisconsin is like our little brother( because of Alvarez) who is a mere child in the presence of a warrior and minnesota? Common!!!

A

Totally agree.

We can just forget about a geographical rival. Ain't no team good enough for us in our geographical area to consider as our top rival. I don't want another cu rivalry rammed down our throats.

The only team in the big 10 that shares a past history with us, a similar level of prestige, and doesn't not already have an ultimate rival (unlike Mich and osu ) is Penn St.

The only problem is we wont play them every year if the big 10 goes into their predicted divisions, but that is no excuse to settle for a lower tier program.

Were freaking Nebraska!!! Y settle for no champion Iowa, just because we "need" a rival? It's disgusting and absurd for uscto lower our standards to such

If we have learned anything from cu, its that u can't force a rivalry, and then Penn St game is the only case where there was already somewhat of a rivalry to begin with. Don't tell me that no title Iowa, a team that has been repeatedly killed by us (remember our last meeting in 2000 were we won 42-13), is a good rival for us! Its ridiculous! Talk about the bad end of a settlement.

And besides osu, Mich, and psu Iowa is the best program in in the big 10, so if they don't reach our qualifications y on earth r some people shouting for Minnesota and Wisconsin? Get real people, Wisconsin is like our little brother( because of Alvarez) who is a mere child in the presence of a warrior and minnesota? Common!!!

Why not I like the rivalries with MU, CU, KU, and KSU even if we have OWNED all these schools for decades...it adds some spice to the games :)...And does anyone remember the 1999 Iowa team lol 1-10

• Fire 1

Well we don't really have a true rival right now, and it's not like one with Penn St. is just going to pop up because its convenient.

This board was asking who you prefer if we had to have a rival, I merely responded.

I'm not saying it hits the ground running, I'm just saying that psu is really the only team that already has a starting foundation to foster in a top rivalry.

We don't pick it cause its "convenient" we simply continue what was already there. Someone on this board did point out that the biggest happy valley attendance was back in 02 when they played us. We have also already talked about 82 and 94 and of course the the old Osborne v joepa games.

There would already b an excitement for this gam.

All I'm saying is that this is really the only game with true potential as of now o

• 2 weeks later...