NTSB reccomends lowering blood alchol level that constitutes drunk driving

Just some friendly advice here. I enjoy the bar scene as much as everyone but my buddies and I always establish a DD for the night. If whoever is DDIng thinks they might be close to the legal limit, we always ask one of the cops downtown to do a breathalyzer just to be safe. The cops are always very nice and thankful that we err on the side of caution. It just isn't worth the risk to get a DUI, especially being a college student who is about to start his career

Just some friendly advice here. I enjoy the bar scene as much as everyone but my buddies and I always establish a DD for the night. If whoever is DDIng thinks they might be close to the legal limit, we always ask one of the cops downtown to do a breathalyzer just to be safe. The cops are always very nice and thankful that we err on the side of caution. It just isn't worth the risk to get a DUI, especially being a college student who is about to start his career

That is good advice. However, when you live in a small town there isn't a cop just hanging out on the street corner to do this.

Also, I don't think anyone in this thread is "trying to figure out what they can get away with". At least in the manner they are being accused of.

The lower this level goes, you have to start wondering about situations like simply having a few glasses of wine at dinner will do you in. Or, how about having a couple beers while golfing nine holes? This isn't hanging out at the bar all night and wondering if you can stumble out and drive home.