S Marqui Hawkins

Mavric

“Compliance at Nebraska isn’t giving Nebraska permission to talk to Hawkins until he gets the release and he doesn’t get his complete and full release from Florida until Tuesday,” Hill told Husker Online. “I think Nebraska is waiting on that and that’s why I think they are going to wait until then.

“I think if they really, really wait until Tuesday though they are going to lose him. The rest of the other teams aren’t waiting until Tuesday. Compliance at some schools have given them permission to talk to Hawkins already, but the complete release doesn’t happen until Tuesday.”

OWH

Now it is being reported that we've changed our minds and won't recruit him. Claim is our limited numbers - 15 in the report - are going to make us focus on our needs at OL, DE and DB.

That doesn't make a lot of sense as he was reportedly moved to Safety this spring at Florida and was expected to stay there at his next destination. The info in the above post may have something to do with that but I wonder if either a) the original report was wrong or b) we found out something else - about him or other recruits - that made us change our minds.

Now it is being reported that we've changed our minds and won't recruit him. Claim is our limited numbers - 15 in the report - are going to make us focus on our needs at OL, DE and DB.

That doesn't make a lot of sense as he was reportedly moved to Safety this spring at Florida and was expected to stay there at his next destination. The info in the above post may have something to do with that but I wonder if either a) the original report was wrong or b) we found out something else - about him or other recruits - that made us change our minds.

Interesting to say the least. Staff doing what they feel with give them the best class.

im gonna go with b)

• 2 months later...