2017 National Championship Game - Alabama vs. Georgia

Mavric

I also refuse to watch. Alabama never deserved a bid. They played a horrid schedule and couldn't even win their division. Beating Clemson does nothing to change that.

I've asked myself numerous times, who doesn't want an expanded playoff? I think I finally understand. ESPN can force their properties in to make up 50% of the field if it's kept at 4 teams. 

I won't watch as its my little protest. I wouldn't necessarily mind watching the two teams, but I refuse to increase the ratings for what will essentially be an infomercial for the SEC, when in reality it should only be about the two participants.

I okay with stating the two teams deserve their spot, but the rest of the SEC doesn't.

6 hours ago, hskrpwr13 said:

I won't watch as its my little protest. I wouldn't necessarily mind watching the two teams, but I refuse to increase the ratings for what will essentially be an infomercial for the SEC, when in reality it should only be about the two participants.

I okay with stating the two teams deserve their spot, but the rest of the SEC doesn't.

One team deserves their spot. The other had a worse SOS than the other 1-loss teams and an undefeated UCF team, and had zero business being in the field over other conference (or division) champions.

Does anyone remember when the Big 12 wasn't allowed to participate in the playoff because they didn't have a conference championship game? They started one up again this year just to appease the committee, even though it makes no sense with their true round robin conference schedule.

Then this year the committee decides to select a team that couldn't even make its conference's championship game. 

I'm ready for this game to pass so that I can stop hearing about this ongoing farce.

• Plus1 2

11 hours ago, louisianared said:

The committee is an absolute joke just like the playoff system. 

Bill Hancock, the executive director of the playoffs, is insanely arrogant.

We really should have seen this coming, this is essentially a rebranded BCS. Hancock was the BCS commissioner. All CFP properties are held by BCS Properties LLC. The same people who cooked up that joke just went ahead and enlarged it.

NCAA needs to step in and install an actual playoff. A bracket carrying the same spirit of March Madness would appease the fans and earn an obscene amount of money.