** 2023 Previews: Bill Connelly's SP+ Projections **

17 hours ago, The Dude said:

I think there’s a gigantic and obvious difference in how the two guys conducted themselves on the job, and the comparison has no merit at all.  Just based on "saying the right things", Frost would nervously stammer while struggling to string together a coherent sentence.  Rhule is a confident, fast-talkin' son of a preacher man. Not saying that translates to wins, but how both guys carry themselves couldn't be more different.

We knew it translated to wins at Temple & Baylor because hes a details oriented coach. How many games did Frost lose on special teams mistakes alone?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

17 hours ago, The Dude said:

I think there’s a gigantic and obvious difference in how the two guys conducted themselves on the job, and the comparison has no merit at all.  Just based on "saying the right things", Frost would nervously stammer while struggling to string together a coherent sentence.  Rhule is a confident, fast-talkin' son of a preacher man. Not saying that translates to wins, but how both guys carry themselves couldn't be more different.

Frost walked on water for most people the first two years.  Some even until year 5 started.  The dude was a fraud.  Plain and simple, but don't let hindsight, his horrific record and antics obscure how he was received.  The prodigal son and the golden boy.....To date Frost has the worst record of any NU coach since I have been alive.  Rhule hasn't played a game yet.  Do I think Rhule will be a good coach here? yes.  Do I think until he wins, he is saying all the right things like Frost did?  Yes.  Because until we win, it's all coach speak.  Believe me, I am not defending Frost.  I was hopeful, but wanted him gone pretty early on.  No way should he have gotten to year 4, but that's just me.  

• Plus1 1