Wow the hate

Ya know, I never ever post. I prefer just reading and enojoying my Huskers... but this stirred me a little. :box

Maybe it's me, but I pretty much like all Big 12 teams, and root for them all when playing other conference teams. I don't *hate" any of them. Maybe it's how I was raised; maybe it's sportsmanship; or maybe I'm just not a h8r.

In my opinion, our historic Oklahoma rivals, are one of my favorite teams; just because they ARE our rivals. I will root for them all the way (until they play us of course). I also don't care who is coaching them, for I know that Oklahoma football is WAY more than who their coach is.

I guess I can understand where this guy is coming from. I dislike Notre Dame, for their arrogance and special treatment they get. The same can be said for Colorado.... but Colorado is a *little* different. Their 'fans' have been disrespectful in the past, on numerous occassions, and I just have a sour taste in my mouth from it. However, I still am far from 'hating' them. I will still applaud them when they leave our field.

I guess in the end I just have to say "Love your enemy, play hard, and let the best team win."

Go Huskers!

You guys all know that this guy works for fuddruckers lol...............what a tool, I must refrain from becoming a potty mouth, but this guy is just a straight up hater not even worthy of response from dignified husker fans..................The ugly truth is that Mizzou will never even be close to the program Nebraska has been and will be soon.............There is a reason for the rabid tenacity and commitment and yes I must say LOVE for this program that so many coaches, players , alumni and fans have .

From the outside looking in you can't understand it. From the inside looking out you can't explain it.

:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore

In my youth the general concesnus was that Mizzou was a dirty team. We've all got our reputations to live down I guess.

I also like the comment about the lack of proper bloodlines or something to that effect by the CU guy. I wonder how many Nebraska natives are in the NFL compared to the number of CO natives.

Yes, he's correct- without the 3 national titles that we won in the 90s we would still only be the winningest program in college football since 1970, so it's not like anyone should respect us. Also, I don't think it's possible to belittle 3 national championships any worse than that. How many titles has Notre Dame won recently? No one doubts their status as a powerhouse, yet only three years ago they also sported a losing record for the first time in decades.

the fact is, every program has ups and downs. Not one program has been consistently on top year end and year out. Changes of coaches, players, atheletic directors, rules...they all effect this. It's the wonderful thing about college football and why I like it so much better than professional; it's unpredictable!

We've been up on top before, lately we've been under the radar...and we'll probably be back on top again in the future. And that's what matters, the future. He talks about us living in the past and saying how good we were in the 90's when we should be concentrating on the past couple years....but even THAT is in the past. The loss to KU is in the past, why are you bringing that up if you are saying we should stop living in the past!?! We have a new season, new and veteran players...I'm more concerned about the game tomorrow than I am about some KU game from last year.

But that's how college football goes for me....maybe I'm weird. We lose a game one weekend, I'm pissed off for that day...and then the next day I'm already getting excited for the following weekend's game.

I play for Nebraska!

Al little off topic here but the other day on 810 sports

talk show down here in KC with Kevin (Im a dickhed)

Keitzman a ksu grad, he picked NU and ISU with 4-4

conf records with ISU winning it through a tie breaker.

He said NU would wind up with a 7-5 overall record. The

man can never give us any props it makes me f'ing

sick. Any good sports writer or talk show host with the

people we have coming back and the way we finished

would pick NU first in the north. Not this :hmmm just

because he hates us so much.

Sorry for the rant

Less than 24 hrs :restore:restore

First off where did the Mizzou letter come from??? Secondly as everyone has said our tradition versus Mizzou's or sCUm's speaks for itself. People hate great traditions and get jealous. My first feeling was to find both of these people and kidnap them!!!! Take them to the woods and tie them to trees. Start by pulling there toenails and fingernails off slowly. Then take a long knife and slowly start to cut them from their throat to their taint!!!! :boxosoap I better stop now I'm already getting out of hand!!!! The point is our record will speak for itself by the end of the year and Mizzou just made my love to hate list along with sCUm. :rant