Wow the hate

Lol, an assault full of swears, stereotypes, and idiotic cheap-shots from dumbass rednecks.

I could go register right now and make a 5 paged report that was less biased than that dumbass. All before the Husker game. But then, he'd just call me a die-hard hick who has nothing better to do than go to a football game (even though I live in the 40th largest city in the USA :dunno ).

Whatever. I'm not going to pay mind to that dude. He's just mad my 12 year old high school has more history and tradition than Mizzou

I feel for this person, he has an all too common psychological disorder that affects many college football fans. This disorder is usually passed down from generation to generation and while it rarely appears in childhood it erupts in adolescence and peaks at mid-life. It begins with a slight sting and a loss of pride and with each year it grows and grows changing from depression to hate along the way and finally it ends with an unyielding desire to become what you despise. Since this desire is impossible to attain, the mind builds a fairy-tale world where the subject actually then gains a false sense of elitism.

It is called Husker Envy Disorder and various attempts of treatment are being used: The University of Colorado is on the forefront of the Medicinal Marijuana treatment, while Methamphetamine treatments are being experimented with widely in both Kansas and Missouri. There are a few examples of success with both, but it is clinically believed that these attempts only perpetuate the problem.

There is a way that we can help. We need to reach out to these people and let them know that it’s OK to be a fan of a lesser institution. Help them to understand that just because were the best doesn’t mean that they can’t be the second best. It is OK to be a #2, in fact I took a #2 this morning and it felt great.

:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah

Over the past 20 years, I've had an opportunity to live among you. I've gone to school with you. I've sat in PTA meetings with you. I've walked past you at Bakers as you grab another bottle of Ripple. I've sat next to you at a stop light...I've hung out with you at office parties.

Assuming you were "smart enough" to move, I just wanted to let you know, from all of us Husker fans, how deeply we all miss you.

Perhaps someday you'll understand that all the things you point out that YOU THINK make us weak, are exactly what make us strong. You're right, there's not much around here to do. You're right, this isn't a vacation hotspot. YET WE ARE ALL STILL PROUD TO LIVE HERE AND PROUD TO CALL OURSELVES NEBRASKANS. That's what makes us such great fans, great people, and more "real" than most people ever dream of being. We're in touch with our culture, our families, our friends, and heck, even complete strangers that sit next to us at the game, at a restaurant, or anywhere. We all have respect for one another....and even for people who hate us, believe it or not.

GO BIG RED. Looked great this afternoon! I can't wait to see how the USC game goes!

You guys could be 3-7 and down to Baylor by 40 points, and it still wouldn't matter. As long as everybody who crosses your path recognizes you for being the former powerhouse you have built in your mind....all is good with you. You get more pissed off about Sportscenter showing only 3 highlights of your game rather than 5, than you do actual losses. You spend more energy writing hate e-mails to a sportswriter who didn't vote you #1 in 1997 than you do realizing that the glory days are gone. You spend more time talking about your past than Buck O'Neil. Oh, but those days are gone...make no mistake.

Gone are the days where you won with class and dignity. Gone are the days where you actually set some sort of false standard of sportsmanship. Gone are the days where you sat back and patted other teams on the head, commenting on what great competitors they are as you ran up another touchdown and finished off a 55-7 win with some walk-on from Gothenburg. Gone are the days where your classy coach made minimal comments about doing the right thing. Gone are the days where the rest of country admired you for sticking to your principles...running and perfecting an offense that nobody else runs.

A guy who used to coach the Raiders is in charge of your program now...and you are too flippin stupid to see the difference. Perhaps it didn't hit you when he made a throat-slash gesture that would make a 13 year old roll his eyes. Perhaps it didn't hit you when that same guy called a storied program's fans "f*cking hillbillies'...when his own team mascot has an ear of corn in his pocket. Perhaps you don't notice it when yet another Husker player gets arrested for punching a fan or shoving a cheerleader? You don't notice it, because you don't know any f*cking better. The stench of your desperation, and it smells like the back corner of a Fudruckers bathroom at closing time.

And for the most part..you're ALL the f*cking same. You ALL rely on games played 10 years ago to finish arguments. You ALL get your info from Huskerpedia or some other lame-ass, Gerbels-esque bastion of Propaganda where everybody gets along, and you all argue about who would play Luke Skywalker in a Husker rendition of Star Wars. (And don't even e-mail me that it should be Zac Taylor you f'ing freaks). You ALL expect the world to bend down and kiss your toes because YOU were lucky enough to live in a state that had a reasonably successful football team for a few decades. You can't imagine why you don't get more coverage nationally. You can't understand why you don't have a TV deal like Notre Dame's.

The great thing is....over the past five years or so...you have learned nothing. You still think of yourselves as some sort of power. You still think of yourselves as the greatest ambassadors in all of amateur sports. You still think of yourselves as something ANYBODY else even thinks about at all. If it weren't for a couple of titles in the 90's, you'd be Cal or Virginia. Hell, at this point, you're not too much better than San Jose State. So you beat a Colorado team that completely quit on a lame duck coach. Whoopee doo. So you beat a Michigan team that most Michigan fans would describe as the most gutless, punchless, most mediocre and underachieving Wolverine team in decades. Hell, by listening to you people talk, you would have thought you threw Vince Young aside, and jumped on that podium yourselves in the Rose Bowl last January. Have any of you realized you lost to Kansas and Missouri...two of the losingest programs in the big 12...by a combined 49 points? Not 10 years ago. Not 5 years ago. LESS THAN A YEAR AGO. Did you realize that Bill Callahan is 11-10 vs. D1 schools at Nebraska? Do you realize that you were ONE score up on MAINE last season with 8 minutes to go? Do you realize how BAD of a people person you have to be to get fired less than a year after making it to the Super Bowl? AND YOU EXPECT TO BEAT USC AND CONTEND FOR A NATIONAL TITLE?

I have been a Husker fan all of my life, but I certainly don't wear the Scarlet-colored glasses. This guy certainly is full of more hate towards any human being that is not an "enemy," and for that I feel sorry for him.

I love the 'Skers, but in my time (especially the short time that I have spent on internet message boards), the part of this rant that I have quoted is cemented in the truth, unfortunately. :dunno

Nice to see Formerfan got himself another name.

I think what we are seeing is finally a sigh of relief. I for one, was hoping for a score like this early last year.

Nebraska came out, showed USC no real offensive wrinkles, physically dominated another team off the line until they got tired, and ran the score up.

Were there mistakes? Yes of course. The DB's need work and there were some bad balls thrown. But all this "Taylor could have had 4 picks if they didn't drop the ball" is lame. Yeah, if they would have caught them, they would have been picks, but if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Pretty typical post from a jealous poster.

I went to the NU-Cal game (away game at Cal) a few years ago - and there were more NU fans (from California, mind you) than Cal fans. It was a sea of red (we won 19-0).

I am proud that Nebraska fans are RENOWNED as having CLASS. It means something. We applaud teams that play us - win or lose. We don't slash your tires (uhh..hello CU). We've been there - we know how to win - and lose - with DIGNITY.

If you haven't BEEN THERE - how can you talk smack? NO team is going to win the championship every year - cause that would make it BORING. But..if you have never really sniffed a championship - STFU. What's the highest pressure game YOUR program has ever played in? Or..your most satisfying victory? Was it against Nebraska?

Enough said. If you gauge your program over an occasional win over NU - what do I need to say? We gauge our program by titles - something...you aren't familiar with.

Wow.  Talk about jealousy.

My favorite line:  "If it weren't for a couple of titles in the 90's, you'd be Cal or Virginia"

So, if it weren't for a couple of titles in the 00's, would USC be Oregon State, or UCLA?? 

I THINK SO!!! :nanalama

Isn't that the dumbest thing you've ever read? and its dumb on so many levels!

actually we'd still be in 4th (or thereabout) in all-time wins. Cal? Virginia? mmmm... not quite.

and lets say we only won a "couple titles" in the '90s but then only averaged 4 or 5 wins every other year.... that'd still a hell of a lot more than Missouri has ever even remotely accomplished!

What's the highest pressure game YOUR program has ever played in? Or..your most satisfying victory? Was it against Nebraska?

what a coincidence that this is the case for the teams that hate us the most. We've been there, done that. and they can only hate us for it.

Boulder's only claim to fame was that Mork and Mindy lived there!

and that whole Jon Benet Ramsey thing....

From an outsiders perspective you should be proud that people get so upset about Nebraska football. Look at why they are hating on you.....because of your success.

great post! i agree. but, personally, stupid people still piss me off.

I guess I've been wrong all these years cheering for other Big 8/12 teams when they play at other venues. Wasn't there any comraderie between schools ever?

yesterday a friend saw the CU results and his initial reaction was "oh no" b/c it makes the Big XII look bad and us look bad in turn. and it does, no question. but ya know, i still couldn't stop laughing... Montanta #&$ing State?! :laughpound