****Maryland Game Day Thread****

18 minutes ago, lo country said:

That's where I am at as well. Embrace physicality.  Win games in the 4th quarter.  Land body blows etc....Passing in the red zone with a 3rd string QB who hasn't probably thrown against anyone in months that was a starter or in the 2 deep isn't landing body blows.  Not using a FB to blow up a CB on an option or toss isn't a body blow.  And D's are simply pinning their ears back and blasting in.  A counter or reverse would work. Until they stop it.  But to stop it, they slow pursuit, have backers play a little further off, opens up lanes for running.  Or maybe rolling out the QB to hit receivers with single coverage.  I have seen very little of this from Satt.  Again, what he wants and what Rhule wants appear to be different.

People can argue all day that "what Satt is dialing up" would work with a better QB better, receiver play, or OL.  We don't have those.  A good OC finds way to address this.  Counter an aggressive D.  Finds plays that his guys can make.  I'm sick and tired ot too many NU OC's running plays for guys they want not the ones they have.  And I have seen that Chubba audibled out of that play into a pass....Or it was an RPO....Or that receivers ran the wrong route.  Guess what.  Satt calls a run, none of that crap comes up.  Takes it all out of Chubba's hands.  Send the play in run or you're done.  That's still on Satt.  With your 3rd string QB, who for all intents and purposes has not gone up against an actual D until 4 minutes left in todays game.  Not thinking he was going against our starters o 2 deep at all.  (I could be wrong, maybe scout team QB).  But no way does a competent OC put the game on a qb in that situation..

PREACH

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1