My take on the game

WOW what a game for the Offense! When was the last time Nebraska had 252 yards on the ground and 334 in the air??!!!!

Here are some of the things I saw during the game.

1. The O Line did OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!! Man they gave Zack hours to throw the ball. He was able to check off WR's. They opened up some great holes, and their trap blocking was incredible!

2. The WR's really need to work on their catching. Hardy dropped a few, and Hardy seemed like he was not in the game mentally. I would of loved to see more of Purify. All I got to say about him is DAMN THE BOY IS HUGE!

3. Our 4 running backs are FRIGGEN STUDS! It was something else to see all 4 of them come in fresh and really pound it down La Techs throats. Glen and Lucky really ran the ball well today. Jackson refused to go down and really fought hard for extra yards. Wilson really has explosive speed, but needs more practice. He has only been in Lincoln a month so I am not really worried about him. He will get better with itme.

4. Zack Taylor is so underrated! When he gets into a zone, he is on fire!

Now for the Defense

1. I really thought our DL would of done a better job getting to the QB. Carriker and Moore did well but you really didn't hear alot out of them in the second half.

2. LB's played well. I think La Tech knew this and tried to stay away from them as much as possible.

3. Our secondary really needs work. Now with the injury to Fluellen who know's how we will do next week. I gotta hand it to Grixby though, he had to guard against a friggen tower with wheels. I love the play when the guy burnt Grixby but he didn't give up on the play and stripped the ball away.

Special Teams

1. Didn't really get to see our Kicker that much because we were a scoring machine today.

2. I was really impressed with our new starting punter. Replacing Koch is no easy task, but so far so good.

3. At times our kick off coverage over pursued.

4. Our punt returns need to improve. There were times when I thought they should of either fair caught the ball or just let it go.

Overall I was really happy with the way Nebraska looked today. Compaired to our last two season openers, I really thought Coach C and staff really made a HUGE effort this off season in establishing the run. Now I know it was not a real tough team to gage how good we really are, but it sure gives the Huskers confidence going into next week. GO BIG RED!!!

I agree with what your saying and I can't believe our defense didn't go crazy in the 2nd half!!!!! :wtf Our special teams needs to remember to stay home and don't over pursue................also I am concerned about our secondary as well!!!!! What's going to happen against USC now!!!!???? Who knows we have a few weeks to tighten things up back there and have a few guys settle in so we'll see. Also, I couldn't believe a few of the passes that our receivers dropped!!!! You gotta catch those boys!!!! But, overall I think we just blew La Tech up and they were no match to our conditioning..................great job Huskers!!!!! :worship

WOW what a game for the Offense!  When was the last time Nebraska had 252 yards on the ground and 334 in the air??!!!! 

I was honestly shocked that NU got that many yards. It seemed to me like they only had about 400, I'm not sure if that was due to the environment in which I watched the game, or the overall boredom of watching an offense that was pretty much like everyone elses offense. NU will be tough pressed to get such results against UT and USC, but thankfully, the majority of the teams on NU's schedule are as weak as L Tech.

1.  The O Line did OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!  Man they gave Zack hours to throw the ball.  He was able to check off WR's. They opened up some great holes, and their trap blocking was incredible!

The OL started out very slowly, and really didn't get going until the 2nd half. I attribute that more to conditioning than performance. Pass pro was much better, but we will see how that changes against tougher teams. They had way too many penalties that killed drives.

2.  The WR's really need to work on their catching.  Hardy dropped a few, and Hardy seemed like he was not in the game mentally.  I would of loved to see more of Purify.

I agree. Purify might be the real deal, but Hardy (and some of the others) had a case of the dropsies as they have had the last couple of years. Why did the coaches let Holt play? Wouldn't he be better off taking a redshirt and saving a season, as WR is one of the deepest on the team??

3.  Our 4 running backs are FRIGGEN STUDS!  It was something else to see all 4 of them come in fresh and really pound it down La Techs throats.  Glen and Lucky really ran the ball well today.  Jackson refused to go down and really fought hard for extra yards.  Wilson really has explosive speed, but needs more practice.

They played well against Tech, we'll see how good they are in a couple of weeks. Too bad that the coaches have Jackson as the 4th option, as he is the best all around back.

4.  Zack Taylor is so underrated! When he gets into a zone, he is on fire!

Or he almost lit the place on fire. He is fortunate that he only had 1 of his 4 horrible balls intercepted, as the other 3 were dropped. Personally, I would rather have a qb (like Frazier) who didn't have the highest passing %, and threw fewer really bad passes. Also, he only threw about 3 of his passes with any touch on them. Has he lost the finesse that he seemed to have last year. Even his screen passes seemed to be thrown as hard as he possibly could.

It's nice to see Herian back, but it's obvious that he has lost a step. That's a shame.

Now for the Defense

1.  I really thought our DL would of done a better job getting to the QB.  Carriker and Moore did well but you really didn't hear alot out of them in the second half.

Agreed. DL is a concern this year. Ola and Barry are average at best, and besides AC, JM, and Turner, the DL looked very average against an offense that is not very good or experienced. They gave up an average of about 5 yds. per play to the RB's, and got very little pressure on the QB.

2.  LB's played well.  I think La Tech knew this and tried to stay away from them as much as possible.

Disagree. The LB's were average at best, and did nothing to set them out as the playmakers that they are supposed to be, with the exception of Rudd's INT.

3.  Our secondary really needs work.  Now with the injury to Fluellen who know's how we will do next week.  I gotta hand it to Grixby though, he had to guard against a friggen tower with wheels.  I love the play when the guy burnt Grixby but he didn't give up on the play and stripped the ball away.

Agree wholeheartedly. The DB's are in big, big, big trouble against good teams, like USC and UT. Grix is short, and did get burned, but he made up for it on that one play. Jones wasnt much better. Tech's WR's were wide open most of the day, and we were lucky that their QB was off. The safety play was average at best.

Special Teams

1.  Didn't really get to see our Kicker that much because we were a scoring machine today.

As he did last year, he was accurate, but his kicks were very ugly, sometimes barely making it through the uprights. His leg strength is lacking tremendously, and lowering the kicking tee 1" doesn't help at all.

2.  I was really impressed with our new starting punter.  Replacing Koch is no easy task, but so far so good

Seemed to have a good day today.

3.  At times our kick off coverage over pursued.

4.  Our punt returns need to improve.  There were times when I thought they should of either fair caught the ball or just let it go.

Agreed. The special teams really took a step backwards today. Pretty poor play, it looked similar to the 2004 team.

Overall I was really happy with the way Nebraska looked today.

Agreed. It was a good first game effort.

Compaired to our last two season openers, I really thought Coach C and staff really made a HUGE effort this off season in establishing the run.  Now I know it was not a real tough team to gage how good we really are,

I'm not sure about that, only time will tell. Tech is not going to be confused with Ohio St or Miami.

but it sure gives the Huskers confidence going into next week.  GO BIG RED!!!

Agreed. It was a good first game, and usually the biggest improvements are made between week 1 and 2. But next week's game is against an even worse opponent. The only way we can tell is waiting until we play USC.

As horrible as the North is this year, if NU does not win it, it will be a disasterous season. There are no good teams as there were just a few short years ago when KSU and CU were top 20 programs.

WOW what a game for the Offense!  When was the last time Nebraska had 252 yards on the ground and 334 in the air??!!!! 

I was honestly shocked that NU got that many yards. It seemed to me like they only had about 400, I'm not sure if that was due to the environment in which I watched the game, or the overall boredom of watching an offense that was pretty much like everyone elses offense. NU will be tough pressed to get such results against UT and USC, but thankfully, the majority of the teams on NU's schedule are as weak as L Tech.

1.  The O Line did OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!  Man they gave Zack hours to throw the ball.  He was able to check off WR's. They opened up some great holes, and their trap blocking was incredible!

The OL started out very slowly, and really didn't get going until the 2nd half. I attribute that more to conditioning than performance. Pass pro was much better, but we will see how that changes against tougher teams. They had way too many penalties that killed drives.

2.  The WR's really need to work on their catching.  Hardy dropped a few, and Hardy seemed like he was not in the game mentally.  I would of loved to see more of Purify.

I agree. Purify might be the real deal, but Hardy (and some of the others) had a case of the dropsies as they have had the last couple of years. Why did the coaches let Holt play? Wouldn't he be better off taking a redshirt and saving a season, as WR is one of the deepest on the team??

3.  Our 4 running backs are FRIGGEN STUDS!  It was something else to see all 4 of them come in fresh and really pound it down La Techs throats.  Glen and Lucky really ran the ball well today.  Jackson refused to go down and really fought hard for extra yards.  Wilson really has explosive speed, but needs more practice.

They played well against Tech, we'll see how good they are in a couple of weeks. Too bad that the coaches have Jackson as the 4th option, as he is the best all around back.

4.  Zack Taylor is so underrated! When he gets into a zone, he is on fire!

Or he almost lit the place on fire. He is fortunate that he only had 1 of his 4 horrible balls intercepted, as the other 3 were dropped. Personally, I would rather have a qb (like Frazier) who didn't have the highest passing %, and threw fewer really bad passes. Also, he only threw about 3 of his passes with any touch on them. Has he lost the finesse that he seemed to have last year. Even his screen passes seemed to be thrown as hard as he possibly could.

It's nice to see Herian back, but it's obvious that he has lost a step. That's a shame.

Now for the Defense

1.  I really thought our DL would of done a better job getting to the QB.  Carriker and Moore did well but you really didn't hear alot out of them in the second half.

Agreed. DL is a concern this year. Ola and Barry are average at best, and besides AC, JM, and Turner, the DL looked very average against an offense that is not very good or experienced. They gave up an average of about 5 yds. per play to the RB's, and got very little pressure on the QB.

2.  LB's played well.  I think La Tech knew this and tried to stay away from them as much as possible.

Disagree. The LB's were average at best, and did nothing to set them out as the playmakers that they are supposed to be, with the exception of Rudd's INT.

3.  Our secondary really needs work.  Now with the injury to Fluellen who know's how we will do next week.  I gotta hand it to Grixby though, he had to guard against a friggen tower with wheels.  I love the play when the guy burnt Grixby but he didn't give up on the play and stripped the ball away.

Agree wholeheartedly. The DB's are in big, big, big trouble against good teams, like USC and UT. Grix is short, and did get burned, but he made up for it on that one play. Jones wasnt much better. Tech's WR's were wide open most of the day, and we were lucky that their QB was off. The safety play was average at best.

Special Teams

1.  Didn't really get to see our Kicker that much because we were a scoring machine today.

As he did last year, he was accurate, but his kicks were very ugly, sometimes barely making it through the uprights. His leg strength is lacking tremendously, and lowering the kicking tee 1" doesn't help at all.

2.  I was really impressed with our new starting punter.  Replacing Koch is no easy task, but so far so good

Seem to have a good day today.

.  At times our kick off coverage over pursued.

4.  Our punt returns need to improve.  There were times

when I thought they should of either fair caught the ball or just let it go.

Agreed. The special teams really took a step backwards today. Pretty poor play, and it looked similar to the 2004 team.

Overall I was really happy with the way Nebraska looked today.

Agreed. It was a good first game effort.

Compaired to our last two season openers, I really thought Coach C and staff really made a HUGE effort this off season in establishing the run.  Now I know it was not a real tough team to gage how good we really are,

I'm not sure about that, only time will tell. Tech is not going to be confused with Ohio St or Miami.

but it sure gives the Huskers confidence going into next week.  GO BIG RED!!!

Agreed. It was a good first game, and usually the biggest improvements are made between week 1 and 2. But next week's game is against an even worse opponent. The only way we can tell is waiting until we play USC.

As horrible as the North is this year, if NU does not win it, it will be a disasterous season. There are no good teams as there were just a few short years ago when KSU and CU were top 20 programs.

Aweshucks.....shut up!