B1G Semifinal: Nebrasketball vs Illinois

38 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Wait, a judge said he has the right to play but that is not good enough for you?  

Tell you what.  I am officially accusing you of murder.  So you are now a killer.  Got it.  Because that is how it works in your mind.  

The judge also said the university could appeal, but they chose not to because they got what they really wanted.  His ruling said basically said it wasn't fair that Shannon couldn't make money while suspended.

Accusations are one thing, but the district attorney found enough evidence to indict him.  And yes, I get the innocent until proven guilty argument.  

5 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

The judge also said the university could appeal, but they chose not to because they got what they really wanted.  His ruling said basically said it wasn't fair that Shannon couldn't make money while suspended.

Accusations are one thing, but the district attorney found enough evidence to indict him.  And yes, I get the innocent until proven guilty argument.  

No...no you don't.  That is sort of the point.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

No...no you don't.  That is sort of the point.

Do you think you or I would keep our jobs if we we were just accused of the same things he has been indicted of?  The difference is that he's good at putting a ball in a basket & his "employer" knows that by the time he pleads guilty to a reduced charge after the season he will no longer be their problem. 

2 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

Do you think you or I would keep our jobs if we we were just accused of the same things he has been indicted of?  The difference is that he's good at putting a ball in a basket & his "employer" knows that by the time he pleads guilty to a reduced charge after the season he will no longer be their problem. 

I suppose of you were also good at your job you would keep it.

Remember, you are a killer now, because I said you killed someone.  

See how stupid it is?  Very stupid.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I suppose of you were also good at your job you would keep it.

Remember, you are a killer now, because I said you killed someone.  

See how stupid it is?  Very stupid.

Agree to disagree...