2024 Spring Practice Notes - Receivers and Tight Ends

I know some people don't like the perimeter passing game because of how it was utilized under the previous crew, but if you can combine it with deep threats, crossers, and the running game it becomes extremely difficult for the opposing safeties and corners.

We have TE/HB players that can hit the flats, the corners, and attack the seams. Fidone's TD is a zig off a stacked release where he runs a beautiful route on a mismatch. A lot of big, athletic bodies to create mismatches with and I thought for a 'vanilla' spring game we saw a ton. Under center, shotgun, pistol, all sorts of screens, switch releases, stacked releases, compressed sets, spread sets, empty, etc.

This offense needs refinement and better execution and all of those sorts of things that come with spring ball, but conceptually you can see where this thing is going and I think it's really exciting. I thought last spring was promising, too, but circumstances meant we didn't get to see that version of the offense. This spring, imo, is a monumental step up from any point last year and while getting more capable QB play is a definite plus, credit to the staff if they can take the types of things we saw today and re-produce that regularly in the fall.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1