Random Childhood Memories

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Another thing on the BB gun wars.  We used to live in a very big old house with a huge upstairs with lots of rooms.  That's where we had our BB gun wars.  It was awesome.  the walls were all old plaster, so the BBs didn't dent them like they would drywall.

Those were either some weak a$$ BB guns or that plaster was spectacular. :lol:

We had our wars outside, around the neighborhood, usually at dusk or after dark where it was highly likely that cars, house windows etc. were likely to and did take damage. It was just another evening activity like kick-the-can for us.

My favorite evening trouble making activity was what we called “canning”. We would stretch fishing line across a street at bumper height and tie empty cans on the ends. Cars would drive by in the dark and the cans would swing back into the sides of the cars. We would laugh as the drivers would stop and get out to see what happened. Got chased more than once by people who figured it out :lol:

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Those were either some weak a$$ BB guns or that plaster was spectacular. :lol:

We had our wars outside, around the neighborhood, usually at dusk or after dark where it was highly likely that cars, house windows etc. were likely to and did take damage. It was just another evening activity like kick-the-can for us.

My favorite evening trouble making activity was what we called “canning”. We would stretch fishing line across a street at bumper height and tie empty cans on the ends. Cars would drive by in the dark and the cans would swing back into the sides of the cars. We would laugh as the drivers would stop and get out to see what happened. Got chased more than once by people who figured it out :lol:

Remember those cap guns that had the red plastic caps that would pop?  We would put them under rocks in the street. Cars would drive by…pop….stop and get out trying to figure out what happened. We would just laugh. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Remember those cap guns that had the red plastic caps that would pop?  We would put them under rocks in the street. Cars would drive by…pop….stop and get out trying to figure out what happened. We would just laugh. 

I am highly disappointed that we never did this one. :lol:

On 4/11/2024 at 5:24 AM, teachercd said:

Whiffle ball?

The big question...which bat was more fun to use...

The HUGE red one or the skinny hard yellow one?

Bat 2.jpeg

Oh man, that takes me back.  I can still hear the sound that fat red bat made when you crushed a ball with it. Booom!  With the skinny yellow bat, you had to hit it perfectly to not foul tip it and it just made a quick little crack sound.

• Fire 1
On 4/13/2024 at 12:12 AM, JJ Husker said:

Oh man, that takes me back.  I can still hear the sound that fat red bat made when you crushed a ball with it. Booom!  With the skinny yellow bat, you had to hit it perfectly to not foul tip it and it just made a quick little crack sound.

Then after one summer the big red ones would start to crack so you would tape it all up and still use it.  

Man I miss that s#!t.

There is a wiffle ball field near me.  Basically it is a baseball field but the fence is like 10 feet past the infield. 

I think they only use the yellow bats but I am not sure, I have never seen the league teams playing on it.  I think it is kind of a hispter/beer league