Lets be realistic about USC

Nate

Being realistic, I say Nate wears cotton panties. Going to get "gang banged"?!? :wtf There is no reason to believe that the Huskers are not going to wake up September 17 3 - 0 with a top 15 ranking. While you sit back and :hmmm thinking about 2005 USC I am going to enjoy the return to power of BIG RED football. :restore

"jack.gif" has got to the me most abused smiley ever on this board.

Say what you want but we're ranked top 3 defense by everybody for a reason.

You showed up well against LaTech, however ou probably noticed you need a little adjustment in the secondary. Y'all had some trouble stopping the pass. Not much, but better teams will have a more challenging passing offense to defend against.

And you? You're just...well, let's just say I don't think Sooner fans have ANY room to talk after that Alabama-Birmingham game.

You showed up well against LaTech, however ou probably noticed you need a little adjustment in the secondary. Y'all had some trouble stopping the pass. Not much, but better teams will have a more challenging passing offense to defend against.

And you? You're just...well, let's just say I don't think Sooner fans have ANY room to talk after that Alabama-Birmingham game.

That's my way of thinking as well. Our secondary did well but with teams like USC, our secondary could be throttled. Booty looked pretty good in the Ark game though it was Ark. I have to think if our D-line and LB's can put pressure on and maintain that pressure on Booty all game long, it may a little tougher for SC to pass the ball around.

I think its going to be a very good, close game. As much as it was tried to spin that Ark. was angry and tougher, (8 point spread? sucker bet) they still are just a lower end SEC team that got ran over by a talented team. But let's look at this:

Booty still is untested against a decent defense

He had trouble getting the ball to Jarrett early

They ran a LOT of misdirections and traps. Ark.'s defense was overrmatched.

Yes they cruised. IMO, after La Tech got winded and NU caught fire, that game was over just as quick.

These two teams are on a collision course, please God lets just get the starters out by halftime this week (we should not even be playing these guys)

Do you guys think Callahan held the reins back on Carriker and the rest of the D-line to make sure they're healthy for the USC game? It would explain their lack of explosion after the first few drives LaTech had. :dunno

The Ark defense was on the field waaaaay too much and it eventually caught up with them. Our D is going to have to find that right balance of putting strong consistent pressure on USC/Booty and not staying on the field for too long. This is where our Offense is going to have to step up and make sure they're not in a lot of 3 and outs. Zac is going to have to make sure we have some long drives and kill time off the clock to make our D can rest up.

3 Points

1. Last year NOONE gave us a chance agains "A much superior" Michigan Team

2. Late in the season, yes, USC would have the edge, but it takes 4-5 games for an offense to jell. Last year compare our perofrmance for the first half of the season compared to the second half of the season.

3. USC has played no one so far, and they believe the are still GOD. A few years ago Steve Spurrior and everyone at ESPN believed steve was GOD incarnate, until he met the Huskers.

Good points Ag. I am not worrying about anything except the secondary now, and we still have a few weeks to prepare for it. Grix should have his cast off by then, so hopefully he will be back to his normal self. Jones will have to step up, and we may see the young safeties playing this week, because I think they will have to play in the SC game.