Rose Must GO

azhusker

well from doing high school play-by-play myself back in pa, i know how hard it is. my only problem with him is he goes over peoples heads with the metaphors and stuff sometimes and every pass play seems like a 50 yarder. He knows the team though and the history of the program so i don't have a problem... "Ohhh, Adrian Fiala, what a beautiful day here at the ole' grandma and vine."

Makes me long for the days of a beautiful October Saturday with my transistor radio listening to Lyle say: "Good afternoon football fans"...the smell of burning leaves in a trash barrel, all the neighborhood kids from small-town Nebraska getting together for a pick-up game of tackle football. No wimpy touch football for us. Then came Sunday, when you couldn't wait to open the Journal or World-Herald and look at the pictures of the game. Those were the times when we were only on TV once or twice a year and the radio guy was vital. Lyle is as much a part of my childhood as "Huntley and Brinkley"....

I believe you'll get your chance to hear Kugler during the Texas game as Westwood One will be broadcasting that game nationally. After that the feathers will really fly. I can't stand Rose and his baseball call is worse than football. "And the blackshirts have got him at the 35, 36, 37,38 and he rolls forward to the 42 yard line."

Another thing annoying about Rose is that he sounds happily excited when the other team does something. He is the Nebraska announcer and should sound a little upset in that case. Of course considering he has the personality of a hyper chihuahua what do you expect?

You noticed that with Pavelka. He described it, but didn't have that same "flavor" like he did on a Huskers score, which was awesome. Bring him back and :restore

I'm not one to normally post. I loved Kent Pavelka. But I wonder how much of my love for him was due to the fact that Nebraska won 95% of the games. I am guessing that it is much easier to do a broadcast when you have All Americans two deep at nearly every position. I think Jim Rose does a fine job. He has his style love it or hate it... he is a Nebraska fan. I would imagine if we could go 11-1, 12-0, people would be happier about everything; including our radio guy.

Go Big Red, See you at USC!!!!

Sorry, but I don't really agree. Pavelka was the best because of the way he desribed it. He wasn't comparing a score to something else. "He's ringing the doorbell, he's turning the nob, but no it's locked, down at the 3." That really gets on my nerves. Another thing that bothers me is his 50 yard run where they gain two yards.

We have a million-dollar program and a two-bit radio broadcast. Just try to listen to Rose on Sat. and then tell me if you understood what the hell was going on. Half the time the crowd drowns out his orgasmic screams anyway. You can sweep Fiala and his booorrring comments out the window too.