USC Press talking Smack

I live down here in SoCal and I was listening to KAVl 610 sports radio. They had a guest on and they were just discussing sports with this guy. The guest was a member of the press from LA, didn't catch his name. Anyway, this is how the conversation went.

Host: Nebraska is coming into town this weekend and I remember when they came down for the Rose bowl and brought an a$$ load of people, do you think they'll bring as many this time?

Guest: It's interesting that you used that word because last time they were here you know they have those benches in the Rose bowl and I warned them in the paper to be careful after the national anthem because when all the big butt women they brought sat down, it was going to squeeze everyone out!

Host: Hahahahaha

Guest: No but seriously I doubt they will bring as many people, I mean look at their schedule, they won't be surprised with the talent of USC, they managed to squeeze USC in between La Tech and Troy! I mean NE sucks now, what happened to them?

Host: Yeah and they got Callahan in their to right the ship.

Guest: (Laughs) Yeah right, and you know PC is undefeated vs. former NFL coaches.

Host: And I think he'll stay undefeated after this week.

Guest: And I think PC knows it, I asked him what he thought of the spread and he asked me to remind him what it was. I told him it was 19 and he asked, "in favor of who?"! (Laughs out loud.)

(Change of subject.)

Remember this was from memory and not exact quotes, but I just heard this 10 minutes ago in the car on the way home from work, so it is pretty acurate. Just goes to show how shocked these people down here will be when they see how tough NE is this year. :restore He made it sound like PC was not even taking us seriously, (I'm sure he is.)

This may be a whole different subject, but when did it start making a team worse when they scheduled cup-cakes before the conference season? I don't know why USC fans keep bringing that us. We DID schedule USC. I don't hear anyone saying anything when the Florida teams play Florida Atlantic or whatever. :boxosoap

This may be a whole different subject, but when did it start making a team worse when they scheduled cup-cakes before the conference season? I don't know why USC fans keep bringing that us.

yeah, and USC playing Hawaii last year...that was such a hard game for them :hmmm

PAC 10=overrated

Tune into the same radio station after Nebraska goes down there and I think you'll hear a change in their tone (or at least they'll be spoutin' off excuses as to how it was possible a sucky Big XII team could beat them)

I live in Phoenix and yesterday morning an "expert" was talking about how the Huskers offense wouldn't even score against USC. He predicted an easy win without any fight from the Huskers. I'm just happy all these "experts" know so much about everything. I can't wait to rub this in so many peoples' faces. :asshat

this was taken from foxsports.com

Nebraska has rolled up some impressive numbers in its two victories, but the Cornhuskers haven't exactly played powerhouses, having beaten Louisiana Tech 49-10 and Nicholls State 56-7.

"They are on a big roll right now. They've come out of the chute flying," Carroll said.

While USC has played such non-conference opponents as Notre Dame, Auburn, Virginia Tech and Fresno State in recent years, Nebraska has played the likes of its first two opponents this season along with Maine, Western Illinois and Troy."

The schools have their opportunity to orchestrate their season as they want to," Carroll said. "There's different philosophies. It really depends on how you look at it. Their confidence is peaked and they're ready to go. I can see why they do it."

crap like this really gets me going. :madash

:restore:restore:box:restore:restore:box

Considering that USC plays Stanford (Lost to UC Davis and SJSU), Oregon St (Embarassed blue turf warriors), Washington (awful), Washington State (the purgatory of the west coast), and UCLA (good every 6 years) as thier regular conference games, I would hope that they schedule someone challenging somewhere along the line.

Every Pac 10 honk who complains that the Pac 10 champs get the shaft need not look any further than the piss poor Pac 10