13-plus years in prison for Phillips

godd2

The dudes just messed up to say the least. We all know the whole group home thing and his history. Talent aside, the real shame is that anybody would go down such a path. I hope the guy someday finds a way to fight whatever demons he's fighting. Thus far it appears he's been loosing the battle for as long as we've been hearing about him. I hope he doesn't end up like a Scott Baldwin or something like that. Who knows maybe the guy could turn it around and use his experience to help others avoid such things.

As far as his effect on the program that is only outside the program. TO made a tough choice which separates him from many others in a like position. In my mind the whole LP thing and the way TO handled it bring up the program. TO gave the guy a chance to turn it around and make something of himself, TO worked hard on a young man's behalf so he could have a chance at a decent life. Just because LP didn't take the chance and make something out of it is NOT a black eye on the program. It's like TO said "to some people I'll always be the guy that played Lawrence Philips" or something to that effect. He knew that when he did it and sucked it up and did what he felt was right. Good for him and good for the Huskers.

Moron or not...Lawrence Phillips is the most talented player to ever wear the "N". Period.

Amen to that...................that's all I hear from my friend about how Tom let phillips play.............and how Tom let Phillips get away with things..........that team in 95 they would have won without him............Tom was just a caring man, but still in the countries eyes they see it differently``

Hey kc, ease up...all I am saying is that everyone gets all over this guy because of the bad choices that he made. Bad choices or not, he could play ball. Now don't get me wrong, I am not trying to condone domestic violence or people trying to, as you put it, "injury" kids (I think you meant injure, but i'll forgive ya). All I am saying is that during his time here, ON THE FIELD, his talent and ability are untouchable and I'm sure all of you were fine with him when he was putting up 150+ week in and week out. No doubt about it, the man was, and is, flawed, but he is also one of the finest PLAYERS to ever come out of this program.

Hey kc, ease up...all I am saying is that everyone gets all over this guy because of the bad choices that he made. Bad choices or not, he could play ball. Now don't get me wrong, I am not trying to condone domestic violence or people trying to, as you put it, "injury" kids (I think you meant injure, but i'll forgive ya). All I am saying is that during his time here, ON THE FIELD, his talent and ability are untouchable and I'm sure all of you were fine with him when he was putting up 150+ week in and week out. No doubt about it, the man was, and is, flawed, but he is also one of the finest PLAYERS to ever come out of this program.

Yea, there's no doubt about that.

But it all doesn't really mean much now if you keep running kids over with cars.