Official USC Game Discussion Thread

We'll be fine fellas.  Callahan obviously has a grand plan in the making by trying to continue to run the ball.

I think it was best said that he wanted to keep the players healthy to pursue the first of our goals on "Restoring the Order"; the Big 12 title.  We don't have the talent to compete for a national title, so let's keep the goals of our team down to earth.  Something that is realistic and obtainable.

GBR!

EXACTLY! Let us not forgot that our D dropped THREE INT's. One which would of been a TD. I am very optimystic about todays game. Some can bitch and moan about BC and the play calling but remember this fans.....We got A LONG way to go and I really believe we can win the north!

Actually, sorry, 2 should have been a touchdown!!

This game was really disappointing w/ all of our hype...but we went to USC and played our asses off and at least 1/4 of the stadium was full of Husker fans.  I really feel that Callahan tried to keep everything in check until the 2nd half, and then Lucky fumbled the ball ( by the way I am a BIG Lucky fan ).  That turned the field on us and then it was uphill from there.  Our defense played awesome and our O can open it up.   I really hope that our fans don't try to pin this on BC's play calling.  I think he was smart enough to try to shorten the game, but the turnovers and field position didn't go our way.  Really we held them to 28 (or 35 if you count their lay down on the last series).

Why should we ask for BC's head on a platter after a lose (1 lose) to the #2 team in the damn country? We shouldn't! I disagree with some (many) calls, especially come the end of the first half but hell, it's his team and he will do as he chooses when it comes to game day. Focus, Focus, Focus on the weeks to come because they will determine where our season goes from here.

Because he coached like an idiot today. Both him and Cosgrove. Atleast this game brought everyone back to reality. Looks like another 3 or 4 loss season.

Afer tonight...there is NO reason to ask for his head on a platter! How long has he been coaching the big red? 3 years? Give me a break. Rome wasn't built in a damn day. It's one game. We may disagree with his coaching style tonight but it was, again, one game. I'm only predicting one more loss this season (Texas) Who are you looking at for a 3-4 game lose season? Maybe, possibly A&M but I see us going 10 and 2 headed into the big 12 champsionship! You honestly can't believe that a one game lose to, again, the number two team in the country is reason enough to ask for his head?! Let the season play out and let's not get ahead of ourselves. I mean, for G sakes, was there any reason to ask for Solich's heas after a 10-3 or was it 9-3 season?

The people that are asking for the coaching staff's head are the one's that I like to call "FAIRWEATHERED FANS"! Some of you want BC fired and just exactly who are we going to get?? Look what sCUm is going through! To all the REAL fans out there, we will be fine!

No problem, appreciate it!  honestly didn't pay attention to my caps lock, was just typing.

Aight, thats cool.

It is hard to tell that Zac didn't have time to throw when according to ESPN he on had 16 attempts.

But when you refuse to even attempt to pass the ball the defense is going to overload the box.

A good example is when the Chiefs play the Donkeys tomorrow, w/o Green, they are going to load up to stop LJ, and with the way the Chiefs receivers forgot to show up for the game against Cincy, Denver has no reason to be afraid of them. Just like tonight's game against USC, we never attempted to get the ball to our WRs or TEs until late.

FYI, I'm CajunChief on WBC.

Off topic...but...GO CHIEFS!

No problem, appreciate it!  honestly didn't pay attention to my caps lock, was just typing.

Aight, thats cool.

It is hard to tell that Zac didn't have time to throw when according to ESPN he on had 16 attempts.

But when you refuse to even attempt to pass the ball the defense is going to overload the box.

A good example is when the Chiefs play the Donkeys tomorrow, w/o Green, they are going to load up to stop LJ, and with the way the Chiefs receivers forgot to show up for the game against Cincy, Denver has no reason to be afraid of them. Just like tonight's game against USC, we never attempted to get the ball to our WRs or TEs until late.

FYI, I'm CajunChief on WBC.

Off topic...but...GO CHIEFS!

Hey Cajun I thought that was you hanging around from the WBC boards!

This game was really disappointing w/ all of our hype...but we went to USC and played our asses off and at least 1/4 of the stadium was full of Husker fans.  I really feel that Callahan tried to keep everything in check until the 2nd half, and then Lucky fumbled the ball ( by the way I am a BIG Lucky fan ).  That turned the field on us and then it was uphill from there.  Our defense played awesome and our O can open it up.   I really hope that our fans don't try to pin this on BC's play calling.  I think he was smart enough to try to shorten the game, but the turnovers and field position didn't go our way.  Really we held them to 28 (or 35 if you count their lay down on the last series).

Why should we ask for BC's head on a platter after a lose (1 lose) to the #2 team in the damn country? We shouldn't! I disagree with some (many) calls, especially come the end of the first half but hell, it's his team and he will do as he chooses when it comes to game day. Focus, Focus, Focus on the weeks to come because they will determine where our season goes from here.

Because he coached like an idiot today. Both him and Cosgrove. Atleast this game brought everyone back to reality. Looks like another 3 or 4 loss season.

Afer tonight...there is NO reason to ask for his head on a platter! How long has he been coaching the big red? 3 years? Give me a break. Rome wasn't built in a damn day. It's one game. We may disagree with his coaching style tonight but it was, again, one game. I'm only predicting one more loss this season (Texas) Who are you looking at for a 3-4 game lose season? Maybe, possibly A&M but I see us going 10 and 2 headed into the big 12 champsionship! You honestly can't believe that a one game lose to, again, the number two team in the country is reason enough to ask for his head?! Let the season play out and let's not get ahead of ourselves. I mean, for G sakes, was there any reason to ask for Solich's heas after a 10-3 or was it 9-3 season?

The people that are asking for the coaching staff's head are the one's that I like to call "FAIRWEATHERED FANS"! Some of you want BC fired and just exactly who are we going to get?? Look what sCUm is going through! To all the REAL fans out there, we will be fine!

The season is still Early!!! I still think only one more lose this season (Texas) if anyone disagrees and see's another lose, please educate me.

10-2 heading into the championship to take on Texas, toss up (Possible victory for us since we will have played them once already and know what they could have their sleeves and be able to prepare for them) we could still walk out with a BCS Bowl Game bid.

Still TOOOO early.

Some can bitch and moan about BC and the play calling but remember this fans.....We got A LONG way to go and I really believe we can win the north!

I think we can definately win the north, as well. But that has nothing to do with BC's very conservative playcalling tonight.

Some can bitch and moan about BC and the play calling but remember this fans.....We got A LONG way to go and I really believe we can win the north!

I think we can definately win the north, as well. But that has nothing to do with BC's very conservative playcalling tonight.

Yes Yes Yes..but winning the North won't satisfy me for very long.

I really think we are getting close..

Who actually though we would win the National Championship this year??? Part of me did, but the other part of me was dealing with reality. We are better than most teams and we are going in the right direction. If we only lost his game we still have a chance at a BCS bowl because I don't think anyone is going to be undefeated by the end of this year!!!! ;)

Isn't it amazing that Benard shows up this week and after the game. I guarantee 2 things: 1. he won't post anything positive about the game/huskers/coaches. 2. he won't post anything about our wins.

Yeah, well, what can you do? Some people are just that way!

Positives in this game: Front 7 on "D" was amazing, Zack was pretty much great when he was allowed to the throw the ball and HELL our Punter can throw!

Negative: Our secondary needs obvious help!

Neutral: BC's game plan...let's see how the season goes from here on out and prepare for a well seasoned and prepard team from Troy!(I get alot of news from them being so close to the university and look at the problems they caused FS and GT the last two weeks, we will have no problem with them but they will show up ready to play) Seriously, to me, the new game week has started and it's time to focus on the true, in reach prize we are trying to get to and that's the Big 12 north title.

Yes Yes Yes..but winning the North won't satisfy me for very long.

I really think we are getting close..

Winning the north or even the Big 12 in whole won't satisfy many people for long, especially the BOOSTERS! But again, we are definatley headed in the right direction.

(do we have spell check on here?!)

This game was really disappointing w/ all of our hype...but we went to USC and played our asses off and at least 1/4 of the stadium was full of Husker fans.  I really feel that Callahan tried to keep everything in check until the 2nd half, and then Lucky fumbled the ball ( by the way I am a BIG Lucky fan ).  That turned the field on us and then it was uphill from there.  Our defense played awesome and our O can open it up.  I really hope that our fans don't try to pin this on BC's play calling.  I think he was smart enough to try to shorten the game, but the turnovers and field position didn't go our way.  Really we held them to 28 (or 35 if you count their lay down on the last series).

Totally disagree. The more I read this board the more I start realizing that Cally's playcalling wasn't as retarded as I was first thinking. (Besides the end of the first half.) Does this also bring you back to reality Bernard? I'm sure you were thinking we would lose by 50. It's these fans that get on my nerves. Like someone else stated so elequently, it wasn't Montana State!