Lost Some Faith

Washusker

BC coached like a guy who didn't believe his team could compete with SC.

I think he called a TERRIBLE game.

I really don't know if he's a guy who can lead this program to championships.

And no, that is not an overreaction. If he coaches like this in a big game, why would he be any different in any other game?

We learned something about BC, and I don't like what we learned.

I'll gladly take my beating from all you who think that I'm an :asshat , but my mind is made up.

I really don't trust BC.

To lose to USC 28-10 just shows we are on the right track. To beat USC we had to play a perfect game and USC had to make mistakes. The Huskers had a chance to win the game but it had to be luck. USC is a better team than the Huskers. So losing 28-10 shows that we can hang with the #2 team in the nation. I still think that slowing the game down was the right play calling. In a track meet Jarrett would have had 300 yards and 4 tds.

I respect your opinion, but like someone said in another thread, we were playing against a dynasty. USC makes everyone look bad, and if our running attack had worked better, and the pocket hadn't been collapsing, it would have gone a different way. We just need to regroup and get ready for the Big 12 season. It could have been worse. Would I have liked to seen more passing, yes, but I'm not by any means ready to throw the towel in on BC.

Sorry. I just am turned off by a coach who coached to avoid embarassment and to keep it close.

He didn't even bother going after the Trojans' weakest link: the D backfield. He coached to lose by less than 20 points, rather than to win, because he didn't want to run the risk of losing by 30.

I would much rather have seen us be aggressive and challenge the Trojans than to have the plan we did tonight.

No, I won't.  This was more than making mistakes.  This was philosophy and mindset.  And I don't know if I want a coach with that kind of philosophy and mindset leading Husker Nation.

Give me a break! :dumdum

I would agree with you other than the fact that Callahan quoted that this game will not define our season, and the play calling was so conservative. He was playing not to lose big, that is not the kind of coach I want in a program.

What if he does this next year vs USC?

you ever wonder if, SC is just that good??? Uhh, i think so. They are #4 and should move up to #2, we didn't get blown out, we fought hard. Do i think the coaching could have been better? absolutely, we lost to a DEEP, TALENTED Highly RANKED, TOP NOTCH TEAM that averages 50+ per game. Jump off if you want, but i'm in it WIN, LOSE, DRAW PERIOD!!

It should come as no surprise to his play calling. He made his intentions very clear and well known to the entire Husker Nation about this years season: win the Big 12 North and return to the Big 12 Championship (and I don't think he's said "win" the B12 Championship either, just return). You win the Big 12 North; hopefully win the Big 12 Championship and start next season on an even bigger high. Then you can start to consider National Championships. :restore

I do believe the positive thing here is, even with some very conservative play calling, NU played USC exceptionally well. They held them to only 28 pts, not a "half-hundred" as had been predicted all week. They played em tough. I think we proved NU is on it's way back to the top as much as sportscasters don't want to admit it.

<---------------------not a bandwagon fan :w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t

BC coached like a guy who didn't believe his team could compete with SC.

I think he called a TERRIBLE game.

I really don't know if he's a guy who can lead this program to championships.

And no, that is not an overreaction. If he coaches like this in a big game, why would he be any different in any other game?

We learned something about BC, and I don't like what we learned.

I'll gladly take my beating from all you who think that I'm an :asshat , but my mind is made up.

I really don't trust BC.

i agree........he disappointed a lot of followers today in a BIG WAY!!