It could be worse!!!!

BIGREDIOWAN

If we end the season with 3 or 4 loses, let's talk about getting him out of here but until then, let him do his job. At this point, I only see one more lose and it is to Texas.

Actually I see us beating UT but losing to A&M. I predicted our two losses would come from USC and the Aggies

Last I saw A&M was having trouble w/ARMY!!!

JMO but I don't like to see members join up after NE loses to USC just to say I told you so. Oh well, I respect your guy's opinions but I hope you aren't just here because NE lost.

PS With Solich this would have been a repeat of the Penn State game at at their house where we lost by 40? Can't remember exact details.

I'm here from now on actually, if you were referring to me. I was at that Penn St game, and yes, it was painful. I rank Cally below Solich because at least Solich would run his plays, even if he knew he would win. Callihan showed his true colors tonight, he showed he feared that USC defense, didn't want to press them. I don't care if we lose, though i hate it, I want us to be at least seen as trying. Do you really think Callhan did all he could? don't you think he laid down and died because of the big bad USC team? I mean this whole game it was like he expected the loss, didn't even give his own team a chance. I went this whole week telling people how if we play like we can, we'll take this USC team, because they aren't all that good no matter what some idiot analyst thinks. Come Monday, i have to deal with "what happened to your boys?".

I'm not always happy even when NU wins, i will still critique then when they win, and mention when or where they played stuipd, just so often it comes with Callahan calling the plays. Had I gotten the tickets i'd have been there tonight, and i'd have tried to give callahan the finger for his role in this game, or lack there of. Unfortunately i couldn't get a pair and drive the 300 miles over to the rose bowl, so i had to watch from here in Vegas. I was embarrassed at the coaching tonight. Our boys tried so hard, and have to play for the loss as Callahan did.

and on a side note, according to your nick, you've been here what, about 2 weeks and mention your original topic.

JMO but I don't like to see members join up after NE loses to USC just to say I told you so.  Oh well, I respect your guy's opinions but I hope you aren't just here because NE lost.

PS With Solich this would have been a repeat of the Penn State game at at their house where we lost by 40?  Can't remember exact details.

I'm here from now on actually, if you were referring to me. I was at that Penn St game, and yes, it was painful. I rank Cally below Solich because at least Solich would run his plays, even if he knew he would win. Callihan showed his true colors tonight, he showed he feared that USC defense, didn't want to press them. I don't care if we lose, though i hate it, I want us to be at least seen as trying. Do you really think Callhan did all he could? don't you think he laid down and died because of the big bad USC team? I mean this whole game it was like he expected the loss, didn't even give his own team a chance. I went this whole week telling people how if we play like we can, we'll take this USC team, because they aren't all that good no matter what some idiot analyst thinks. Come Monday, i have to deal with "what happened to your boys?".

I'm not always happy even when NU wins, i will still critique then when they win, and mention when or where they played stuipd, just so often it comes with Callahan calling the plays. Had I gotten the tickets i'd have been there tonight, and i'd have tried to give callahan the finger for his role in this game, or lack there of. Unfortunately i couldn't get a pair and drive the 300 miles over to the rose bowl, so i had to watch from here in Vegas. I was embarrassed at the coaching tonight. Our boys tried so hard, and have to play for the loss as Callahan did.

and on a side note, according to your nick, you've been here what, about 2 weeks and mention your original topic.

Good point. I haven't been here long either. Good to have you it's always good to have more opinions, just don't want to see any flamers coming in here. :cheers

If we end the season with 3 or 4 loses, let's talk about getting him out of here but until then, let him do his job. At this point, I only see one more lose and it is to Texas.

Actually I see us beating UT but losing to A&M. I predicted our two losses would come from USC and the Aggies

I think vise versa (lose to Texas beat A&M but we agree only two losses!)

<---------hates bandwagon fans  :steam  :bang  :steam  :bang  :steam

<------------------Hates it when fans lose grasp of objectivity and can't fathom the idea of being critical of your team...

You're not looking at the big picture but instead focusing on this one game. Caly made it perfectly clear to everyone in Husker Nation the goal for this year was to win the Big 12 North. Not beat USC. If that was his goal and he called the game the way he did, I would be bitching and moaning right next to you. This game has absolutely no bearing on whether we win the Big 12 North (and possibly the Championship) at all. We only lost by 18 pts. It could have been a hell of a lot worse than that.

<------------------Hates it when fans lose grasp of objectivity and can't fathom the idea of being critical of your team...

You're not looking at the big picture but instead focusing on this one game. Caly made it perfectly clear to everyone in Husker Nation the goal for this year was to win the Big 12 North. Not beat USC. If that was his goal and he called the game the way he did, I would be bitching and moaning right next to you. This game has absolutely no bearing on whether we win the Big 12 North (and possibly the Championship) at all. We only lost by 18 pts. It could have been a hell of a lot worse than that.

So how, exactly do you get better by playing conservative and shelving half your playbook against better teams??

Why the hell did we even play the game?

This was a GREAT opportunity to put the WCO to the test against real athletes and a great opposing coaching staff. But did we do that?? NO.

How does that make us better?

It's hard to say how it makes us better, but I'm sure the press will have a lot of questions for Cally when he gets back to town!!!! It would have been nice to open up the play book and see what our guys could have done against a top ranked team, but there is nothing we can do about it and all the bitching and complaining in the world isn't going to make it any better!!! We need to learn from this and compete with the rest of the teams on our schedule and hopefully make it to a BCS bowl with a win from the Big 12!!!! :horns2

So how, exactly do you get better by playing conservative and shelving half your playbook against better teams??

Because they are a better team and you have to make adjustments to keep yourself in the game. Cali may have been hoping for some turnovers or huge plays.

This was a GREAT opportunity to put the WCO to the test against real athletes and a great opposing coaching staff.

I think we learned a lot tonight from this game. I think we learned our secondary is more critical than we initially thought. I think we learned we're just not quite ready to run with the big dogs again. The WCO is not an easy system to learn but when you consider where we started 3 years (or hell, even last year), you have to admit we have made some huge strides in the right direction.

I'm just as disappointed in this loss as you. But this game does not define our season. We didn't start the season out expecting to win the NC. If that were the case, then I would understand your frustration.

Thanks Bigrediowan, I like the idea of this thread - keeping the faith. I will do that. I'm not happy with the game, but I will use the other threads for that. Will be positive on this one and ensure you all that I'm keeping the faith in the Huskers. Always will. GBR !!!

*** I'm sure there's a Callahan thread out there? b/c I need to go vent on that topic.

Stay positive here and keep the faith in the Huskers!!!!! GBR!!!!

Why the hell did we even play the game?

This was a GREAT opportunity to put the WCO to the test against real athletes and a great opposing coaching staff. But did we do that?? NO.

How does that make us better?

exactly........we f'ing squandered an opportunity in California!

Your welcome Addison!!!! :lol: I'm just as frustrated as the next guy, but as the alcohol begins to wear off of me and all my Husker faithfuls we will realize that life moves on and we still have better than most team!!!! Bring it on Troy I hope your ready because you have one pissed off and ready to play Husker team coming your way!!!!! :box