Is losing Life or Death?

We are all Nebraska fans here and we all want the Huskers to win. But the reality is the Huskers are bound to lose some games. Nobody wins everytime they play. That's why there are new Champions every year. Some people take a loss like there whole life is runied. We all want to see the Huskers play good and win but man, some of you take these loses a little to far. After one lose this message board always become a Pro Callahan vs Anti Callahan. We all like to see the Huskers win every game but they won't. That's reality. This program isn't damanged because we lost to USC. We are just 3 games into the season. Life isn't over or is it?? :wacko:

I think some fans take this football game WAY to serious. If a game gets you so mad that you start screaming at your family, lose sleep, or even get so mad you can't see straight then you got some major personal issues! No one in general on this board, just throwing it out there. I love the Huskers, I am a alum, a die hard fan, who will root on the team through thick and thin, but I also have a life and I don't need the Huskers to win every game to function in society! :lol:

My life will still go on, at least I hope it does (but if it doesn't it is not because the Huskers lost). We lost, we didn't play the perfect game in which we needed to and even then, that may not have been enough to beat USC. We will bounce back against Troy and people will start to climb back on the Husker bandwagon.

My life will still go on, at least I hope it does (but if it doesn't it is not because the Huskers lost). We lost, we didn't play the perfect game in which we needed to and even then, that may not have been enough to beat USC. We will bounce back against Troy and people will start to climb back on the Husker bandwagon.

Hell I remember when Osborne would whip everyone's ass in the Big 8 only to get ours handed to us by Miami in the Orange Bowl year after year. Back then the so called "Husker Fans" were screaming for his head too. Like I stated earlier, we are fine! Osborne for awhile was known all over the nation as the "Coach who couldn't win the big one!" Look what happened over time. Is Callahan Osborne? Not on your life...Can he lead us back to the program we once were? I think he can.... IN DUE TIME!

Fans were calling for Osborne's ouster from the early '70s when he took over for Devaney until he won his first title in 1994 by beating Miami in the Orange Bowl.

I remember when I was a little kid watching an NU-OU game in 1972 and there were so many fans screaming for Osborne's head. I remember that about as much as I remember how cool it was watching Johnny Rodgers.

There was constant chatter over the years saying Osborne couldn't beat Oklahoma, couldn't win a Big Game, got clobbered in too many bowl games, offense was too predictable, couldn't throw the ball, blah, blah, blah.

But the '94 National Championship made him untouchable and the repeat in 1995 conferred Saint-like status upon him. The unexpected title in 1997 put him up there next to God in some fan's eyes.

I never gave up on Osborne and I'm not going to give up on Callahan. I still think he can bring a few National Championships to Lincoln. I didn't expect one this year so the USC loss doesn't upset me too much. The Trojans are a lot better team than the Huskers.

If NU plays up to its potential it should take the Big 12 North and be competitive in the Championship game.

I like the progression of the program. It's not perfect but it's so much better than losing 70-10 and struggling against Maine.

Fans were calling for Osborne's ouster from the early '70s when he took over for Devaney until he won his first title in 1994 by beating Miami in the Orange Bowl.

People forget this fact. Nicely said. They also wanted McBride gone as well. All the stuff being said about Callahan and Cosgrove is nothing new. No matter who the coach is or what style they play there will be some folks who think there is always a better choice.

I find it hard to believe that some people are calling for Cally's head as well!!!! :blink: I mean I was on this board during the off-season a lot and everyone was talking about him like he was a saint and was the best coach in college football. Then one loss comes and some people want him fired and are questioning his play calling. I wonder just as much as the next guy what would have happened if we would have passed more, but it didn't happen that way so oh well. :dunno We lost to the #3 team in the nation (now) and that sounds a lot better than saying we lost to some D-2 team that wasn't very good. I think we really can go through the rest of the season only losing maybe one more game or going undefeated!!!! We will find out who the true fans are because they will be here at the end of the season still wanting to talk Husker football!!!! :thumbs