Troy could be tough

OWH Article

LINCOLN - Troy coach Larry Blakeney has visited Memorial Stadium three times with his football team and marveled on every trip at the courtesy and respect extended by the Nebraska personnel and fans.

Just once, he'd like to give them reason to act some way other than courteous.

"They're so nice in Nebraska," Blakeney said Monday as the Trojans began preparations for their 6 p.m. meeting Saturday with the Huskers in Lincoln. "I would just love to go out there and kick their tail one time, just to see how nice they really are."

Make no mistake about it, Troy will definately be tough.  There is no guarentee, but I'm sure the Huskers will be ready for the challenge.

But how tough, this will be there third straight road game(correct me if I'm wrong) against good competition

Good question, I dont have the answer. I just know they were in the game with FSU and G-Tech through three quarters, they pass the ball a lot, and our D-backs have to be ready. Troy's QB will put up stats, fortunately he will put up a few picks. I'll also toss in that they have been to Lincoln a few times already so they wont be in "awe". I'm wonder if the Huskers can get over their SC hangover and be ready for what's in front of them. I'd like to think so.

GBR!!!

Does anyone know the size of their receivers!!!! I'm looking at size disadvantages to see how our DB's will fair!!!! I think it will be a shootout until halfway through the 3rd Quarter when their QB throws a pick and we run it back for a TD and that's when they start to get down on themselves and we pick them apart from there. :restore

Troy will be pounded down by the middle of the 3rd quarter. Our offense will feel they have something to prove and our defense will be pissed we didn't win last week after holding USC to only 28 points. Troy returns only 3 starters on defense. Troy is 0 - 3 against Nebraska and they have been out scored 103 - 30 in those three games.

Ganz will be in by the late third quarter and the trojans will be done long before that.

NU 49

Troy 9

Troy will be pounded down by the middle of the 3rd quarter. Our offense will feel they have something to prove and our defense will be pissed we didn't win last week after holding USC to only 28 points. Troy returns only 3 starters on defense. Troy is 0 - 3 against Nebraska and they have been out scored 103 - 30 in those three games.

Ganz will be in by the late third quarter and the trojans will be done long before that.

NU 49

Troy 9

Neb 55

Rubber maids 10

:cheers