WTF was that all about??

What in the H.E. double-hockey sticks happened tonight? Granted we won, but holy crap!! We jumped out to an early 14 point lead and it was like we went to cruising mode. I thought for sure we were going to be BBQ'in some Jayhawk for dinner tonight. They almost boiled them some Corn(husker) for dinner instead :o:o

Credit Kansas for playing some damn good football! They hung in there and fought back.

Is Kansas that good or did we have an off night?

And I'm extremely glad the KU linebacker is going to be ok. Definitely glad to hear that. It was scary there for a few minutes. Speedy recovery to him :thumbs

I must've chewed 30 pieces of Nicorette gum during the game! :wacko::wacko::wacko:

:rollin:rollin:rollin

Honestly I think we got out to an early lead and relaxed too much. When they started coming back it was hard for us to get back into that close game mentality. I think this team will learn a lot from this game, that you have to play the full sixty minutes and put teams away. :restore

SLOPPY, SLOPPY, SLOPPY GAME! The defense had piss poor tackling. PISS POOR! The stock of Grixby fell down to WORTHLESS as he was PUNKED time and again. The D better do extra tackling drills all week long. The blocking on offense was plain awful. We knew Austin lacked mobility but C'MON! Herian wiffed on one block to allow Taylor get blindsided. Lots of work to be done if there is any hope go get any road wins. Next week better not be as bad as this at Iowa State.

SLOPPY, SLOPPY, SLOPPY GAME! The defense had piss poor tackling. PISS POOR! The stock of Grixby fell down to WORTHLESS as he was PUNKED time and again. The D better do extra tackling drills all week long. The blocking on offense was plain awful. We knew Austin lacked mobility but C'MON! Herian wiffed on one block to allow Taylor get blindsided. Lots of work to be done if there is any hope go get any road wins. Next week better not be as bad as this at Iowa State.

Although Young got beat once, I wonder if we see more of him and Thenarse at CB. You are right. Grix is getting manhandled. You know Blythe is licking his chops right now...

It looked like the D has digressed back to the strip the ball technique instead of tackling and wrapping up. The KU rb was dragging defenders for and extra couple of yards all night.

I noticed that as well. Didn't we see a lot of that in the 2004 season? I think that style comes from desperation and is just sloppy. We need to stay away from that unless you are like the third guy to the ball, then you go for the strip IMO.

Hat's off to KU for not folding after the first 5 minutes. At first it looked like my guess of 49-17 was going to be undershot. :) How momentum can shift in college football. ;) In the beginning there were huge holes for running and all day protection for ZT. As the game progressed ZT was just getting the ball off before getting hammered, and it seemed like everyone who ran with the ball collided into fellow teammate. Good job on getting the W. GBR

It looked like the D has digressed back to the strip the ball technique instead of tackling and wrapping up. The KU rb was dragging defenders for and extra couple of yards all night.

I noticed that as well. Didn't we see a lot of that in the 2004 season? I think that style comes from desperation and is just sloppy. We need to stay away from that unless you are like the third guy to the ball, then you go for the strip IMO.

I think the D was tired also. They were out there a lot due to their inability to stop KU, us scoring quickly on long plays, and the O's lack of ball movement in the second half. In fact, KU had the ball for 7 minutes more than we did.

While the defense was problematic - particularly the tackling - I have to think the main problem was the inconsistency in the offensive line. One series they open gaping holes and Zac has all night to pick out his receivers. The next there are no openings and Zac is under pressure from a blitzer.

That worries me...