Carroll says NU's gameplan the blueprint

dedhoarsededhoarse

“It’s a little frustrating in a sense, because they peck away at you,” USC coach Pete Carroll said. “They attempt to play keep-away from us, I think, is what offenses have done. I think Nebraska probably sent a little message out in that regard and teams are trying to do it in their own style.”

LJS

Agreed, dedhoarse , can hardly read a thread around here without someone coaching BC to THROW THE :boxosoap BALL!! :w00t . But that is an interesting perspective from PC. Maybe BC knows how to play football. Naww, can't be so. :dunno

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hailing BC for his gameplan against USC. I agree with the idea of ball control and clock management but he probably needed to shift his game plan a bit when it looked like it wasn't working.

That's been my take all along...I agreed with the ball control, but would have liked to see one or two series where we just let fly and threw the ball.

Yeah but they didn't win either. If we would of thrown the ball more, there were no guarantees that we would have won. Why does everyone say that the play calling was why we lost the game. USC has won quite a few games the past three years and the only team that beat them was Texas and it wasn't Texas' play calling that won the game for them, it was Vince Young. There is no set game plan that will give you a victory against USC. We tried to control the ball and pound it down their throats and we lost. Fresno State tried to out score them and it didn't work.