Miami Rumble

huskerhaze

I was curious what the Miami fans had to say about this so I trolled (am still trolling actually) thru here and chuckled at what these guys were saying. The fans actually believe the media is out to get them and it's all FIU's fault the fight happened. In fact, one poster said this:

Our kids (U players) got jumped, late hit, attacked, etc., and they fought back. Turn the other cheek is a nice bible line, but it's not realistic and it's not football.

I guess sportsmanship is a "nice bible line" too.

I like this one:

The world truly does hate us for a restructuring of college football.

Restructuring football?? Into what? A no holds barred Ultimate Fighting Football conference?

They even ripped on ESPN and how they showed the fight while airing Lamar Thomas' comments. For example:

Lamar did not say a word during the fight. He waited until it was over before he said anything. Shame on Espn. Lamar should sue them.

So what Thomas said should be ok since he didn't say them until after the fight??

Or

ESPN pundits should not be allowed in and around the OB w/out extreme fear. Is it up to the fans to make this happen.

In essence, the UM fans are trying to spin this in such a way as to make themselves feel better about what happened by projecting the blame on the FIU players (even so much as accusing FIU's Bryant of starting it with his bow to the stands after scoring). And according to them everyone is out to get them.

The spin is on in UM land

Oh...and I found this. How ironic :laughpound

The Miami-Dade Police Department and the University of Miami join forces.

Oct. 14, 2006

Photo Gallery

The Miami Dade Police Department kicked off their annual "Join-a-Team, Not-a-Gang program on Tuesday, October 10th. This program is a cooperative effort, which includes Miami Dade Public Schools, the University of Miami Athletic Department, and Florida Power & Light Company.

The program gives out a "Most Improved Student Award". Each hard working student will get a chance to visit a University of Miami football practice, a tour of athletic facilities, and a chance to meet the University of Miami football coaches and student-athletes.

Students are selected by their school and selection is based on improvement in academics, behavior, and attendance. The visits take place once a week and continue through football season. Winners and a D.A.R.E. officer from each school will be visiting the school once a week throughout the football season.

This Saturday, the Miami Dade Police Department will bring about 700 children to the Miami vs. FIU football game as part of the program.

I bet that really helped!!!

brilliant.gif

I was curious what the Miami fans had to say about this so I trolled (am still trolling actually) thru here and chuckled at what these guys were saying. The fans actually believe the media is out to get them and it's all FIU's fault the fight happened. In fact, one poster said this:

Our kids (U players) got jumped, late hit, attacked, etc., and they fought back. Turn the other cheek is a nice bible line, but it's not realistic and it's not football.

I guess sportsmanship is a "nice bible line" too.

I like this one:

The world truly does hate us for a restructuring of college football.

Restructuring football?? Into what? A no holds barred Ultimate Fighting Football conference?

They even ripped on ESPN and how they showed the fight while airing Lamar Thomas' comments. For example:

Lamar did not say a word during the fight. He waited until it was over before he said anything. Shame on Espn. Lamar should sue them.

So what Thomas said should be ok since he didn't say them until after the fight??

Or

ESPN pundits should not be allowed in and around the OB w/out extreme fear. Is it up to the fans to make this happen.

In essence, the UM fans are trying to spin this in such a way as to make themselves feel better about what happened by projecting the blame on the FIU players (even so much as accusing FIU's Bryant of starting it with his bow to the stands after scoring). And according to them everyone is out to get them.

The spin is on in UM land

Hmmmm Doesn't help their image as 'Thug U'.

Boy the spin sure is flying, good comebacks.