Did we win the last two games????

Blackshirts played pretty good. KSU had a True Freshman QB. He's no "Booty Booty Booty Booty" or has the recievers. Or running game (freshman RB). Should have been way more blitzing. As for the offense... yawning... they handed the ball off okay. I saw a few passes. And the back of their shirts as they went to locker room.

Something else I'd like to point out. Was it not this very same group of people that gave Callahan 2 or 3 years to get this program back on track? Actually that's asking a lot in a very short amount of time considering that during his first year he was playing with 'option oriented' players and his second he was teaching his JUCO recruits the WCO.

So in his 3rd year, at 6-1, I think he's doing pretty well.

6-1 and ranked #21. It's not by accident. The Huskers havent showed anything impressive that says "look out for this team". If you think otherwise, then you have blinders on.

Not showing "anything impressive" isn't the issue. Why they're not impressive is the issue. The Huskers have vulnerabilities unrelated to how many pass plays they run. There are still inconsistency issues. I think they're very good but still a work in progress. It's not as if they're elite but BC is trying to hide it because he's afraid to loose. They're going in the right direction but haven't arrived in MHO.

yes we won the last two and we are 6-1, 3-0 in the North with two left to beat to take on UT for a 2nd time. Give the team a effin' break They have dominated the last two teams maybe not like you dominate your blow up doll but they have been running at will and only passing when needed.

They have not been dominating. You have your blinders on. But I respect you. I also think the blow up doll was hilarious.

6-1 and ranked #21. It's not by accident. The Huskers havent showed anything impressive that says "look out for this team". If you think otherwise, then you have blinders on.

:yeah

Maybe NU is waiting for the BCS to get thrown out and the playoff system working. :hmmph

Not showing "anything impressive" isn't the issue. Why they're not impressive is the issue. The Huskers have vulnerabilities unrelated to how many pass plays they run. There are still inconsistency issues. I think they're very good but still a work in progress. It's not as if they're elite but BC is trying to hide it because he's afraid to loose. They're going in the right direction but haven't arrived in MHO.

Let me clarify what I mean. I see the talent on this team. It is impressive. The victories are there. The way the offense of gameplan changes to prevent mode does not impress me. There are way too many guys that want to make a play that are not getting the opportunity. I'm talking about Matt Herian. Nate Swift. Peterson, Nunn, etc. I've seen more risk taken in pee wee football. Let them play. If anyone wants "three yards and a cloud of smoke" they can TIVO the game.

The mid 90s ruined some fans. Right now, wins are wins, however they come. No we are not dominating teams, but we dont have a team loaded with that kind of talent yet. Look around college football. Right now there are only a handfull of teams that can dominate in a game. Teams like Texas, Ohio State, USC, we just dont have all the players yet. We are still rebuilding, if you listen to the experts, they think we wont be back to being old nebraska again till next year.

It's about progress. 6-1 and 3-0 is definatly progress. DOnt sit and expect a program that struggled against every team they played for several years to leap back into the national champonship race in 3 seasons. As to the knock about going undefeated, that doesnt happen often for anyone. NU has 5 titles, and more than 100 years of football. Hope for it, rout for it, but if it doesnt happen every season, dont throw the coach under the buss.

The Husker's won and are on top of the B12 North. And that's with a coach that doesn't know how to play football. Just think where we'd be if we had someone that knew how to run a team. That word run is making me depressed. However, I will withhold all negative comments until after we loose to Texas. If BC would just pass the ball we could beat Texas by 40 or more. But no, run run run. That's all he knows how to do. Far be it from me, but we really need to get a coach that has balls, and I don't mean footballs. I bet ZT is really mad that BC won't let him win big. Just wait till we loose to Texas. But, I don't want to say anything negative. Positive, that's me, until we loose. I'll try to keep my positive attitude but it will be hard when we loose. Especially since the Huskers are invincible if BC would just turn them loose. It won't happen cuz BC only plays to not loose. :hmmm

if you meant to put :sarcasm at the end, i agree.

The mid 90s ruined some fans. Right now, wins are wins, however they come. No we are not dominating teams, but we dont have a team loaded with that kind of talent yet. Look around college football. Right now there are only a handfull of teams that can dominate in a game. Teams like Texas, Ohio State, USC, we just dont have all the players yet. We are still rebuilding, if you listen to the experts, they think we wont be back to being old nebraska again till next year.

It's about progress. 6-1 and 3-0 is definatly progress. DOnt sit and expect a program that struggled against every team they played for several years to leap back into the national champonship race in 3 seasons. As to the knock about going undefeated, that doesnt happen often for anyone. NU has 5 titles, and more than 100 years of football. Hope for it, rout for it, but if it doesnt happen every season, dont throw the coach under the buss.

:yeah

Let me clarify what I mean. I see the talent on this team. It is impressive. The victories are there. The way the offense of gameplan changes to prevent mode does not impress me. There are way too many guys that want to make a play that are not getting the opportunity. I'm talking about Matt Herian. Nate Swift. Peterson, Nunn, etc. I've seen more risk taken in pee wee football. Let them play. If anyone wants "three yards and a cloud of smoke" they can TIVO the game.

It seems to me that "risk" implies increased chance of loosing. Would you be happier if they took more risk and lost? I don't think BC would last long doing that. I'd bet he's getting paid to win.

I agree that we have some real impressive talent. We also have issues. For example, there were a few breakdowns in the pass protection against KSU. I'm not so sure what's going on is "prevent mode." Whatever, we're going to have to play much better to compete with Texas.