Texas

C-West, does Texas tend to run off the edges or up the middle more? The games I have watched, they tend to read that end and run off him, so its just a guessing game. Can give me some more info on that.

Don't get me started.... :steam

We run the stretch plays outside ALL the time. We hardly ever run up the middle or line up with a two running back set. There are a ton of fans on our side who believe that we're using the wrong offensive philosophy this year, but it's what Colt's comfortable with after running it all last year.

Luckily, our two backs are talented enough to make yards off tackle, but we haven't had any of our runningbacks break one off for a HUGE gain this year. Last year, defenses had to stay home because Vince would take it himself off the zone read. This year, the linebackers are just going with the runningbacks and meeting them at the sidelines.

Check out the running plays in our games against ISU and Baylor. You'll see what I'm talking about.

Our whole offensive philosophy for this year is just ridiculous!

I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, just wanted some info from someone that has watched more games than I have. I appreciate the response.

Running off tackle might be more to Texas' advantage as we seem to be a little slow at the linebacker position and some games we like to overpursue. Running right at our DTs is not the best game plan, unless the center and both guards can handle them one on one which is extremly difficult.