Texas

We need to play mistake free.We fumbled the ball at least twice Saturday and either got it back or it rolled out of bounds. Thats not going to cut it against Texas.

I also dont see Calli changing his gameplan much. Who knows, he might decide to throw it more. I wasnt expecting that fake punt Saturday that worked out vert well.

I am one of the guys that doesn't see anything wrong with Callahan's gameplan for the USC game, because if we get a couple breaks(make the interceptions instead of drop them, Lucky doesn't fumble) it's a whole different game. One we could have won. However, I think that although Texas's defense is not as good as USC's we may need a little more balance. I trust Callahan's judgement and think he's one of the best coach's in the county. I can't wait to see what gameplan he comes up with and it won't bother me no matter what it is.

I don't think Coach C thinks we can wear them down running the ball. They are stockpiled like the Huskers of old in their o/l and d/l 3 deep. I think he comes out with a good game plan and if we cut down on the turn overs we will win this game, but it won't be easy. I think coach Coz will show some new looks that hes had in his play book that he's been holding back on because he hasn't had to use them yet. At least I hope he has. :) I hope they open up the whole play book and throw every thing we have at Texas this is the biggest game left on the schedule for us to make a statement.

GBR!!!

I really can't wait for Saturday to come. Living down here with all these Texas folks, I am tired of hearing how they are already looking ahead to the bowl game and saying they deserve to be playing for championship again.

I just hope I get tickets. I really want to make the 10 hour trip. It would be worth every hour.

Texan,

Don't know where you live, but there are a lot of us Texas Fans that know we don't deserve to be playing in the championship game again. We had our chance against Ohio State and we didn't cut it. In fact, the majority of the fans I know say the game this weekend is a toss up.

HuskerfaninOkieland nailed it though. As I said on the other thread, the main matchup to watch in this game is the Nebraska D-Line against our O-Line. If Nebraska can win that battle, the game could easily go your way.

On the other hand, I'm not sure that Nebraska's going to be able to establish the run. If there's one thing that the Texas defense is good at, it's stuffing the rush. Our DB's are our weakness, especially if Brown and Griffin are out again.

I really can't wait for Saturday to come. Living down here with all these Texas folks, I am tired of hearing how they are already looking ahead to the bowl game and saying they deserve to be playing for championship again.

I just hope I get tickets. I really want to make the 10 hour trip. It would be worth every hour.

Texan,

Don't know where you live, but there are a lot of us Texas Fans that know we don't deserve to be playing in the championship game again. We had our chance against Ohio State and we didn't cut it. In fact, the majority of the fans I know say the game this weekend is a toss up.

HuskerfaninOkieland nailed it though. As I said on the other thread, the main matchup to watch in this game is the Nebraska D-Line against our O-Line. If Nebraska can win that battle, the game could easily go your way.

On the other hand, I'm not sure that Nebraska's going to be able to establish the run. If there's one thing that the Texas defense is good at, it's stuffing the rush. Our DB's are our weakness, especially if Brown and Griffin are out again.

The line of scrimmage is the key. I'm really worried about UT's O-line. If they can gash us for 5, 6 yards a carry, we lose. We've got to make McCoy beat us, rather than the UT RBs. As for our offense, we have to run the ball well enough to make the passing game effective. Baylor did put up 31 points on Texas, so if we get a little aggressive in the pass game, we can make it interesting.

I was going to suggest that we run a play-action rollout fly pattern to Purify on the first play of the game, but it looks like Baylor did the same thing for a TD. Think Texas will be looking for play action early??

I think UT wins, but if we battle on the lines, we have a shot.

What's the status of Brown and Griffin?

The rumor is that Brown has a broken toe. Griffin was held out for precautionary reasons as was Frank Okam this past weekend. The two latter should be back this week.

If Brown is not back though, then expect Taylor and your Huskers to throw at our freshman cornerback (D. Beasley), who's replacing Brown. He got picked on all game against Baylor.

I'll check on Brown and post if I hear anything, but our defensive backfield definitely drops a notch when he's not in the game.

I don't think I'd go so far as to say a toss up. We've got a good team this year, but I don't think we're at Texas' level yet. Don't get me wrong, I hope we win, hehe. But I think Nebraska is still at a disadvantage, even with the home field advantage. I do think it will be a good game, though, no matter what.

You're not giving enough credit to your fans. This will be Colt's first major road test. On a neutral field, I think Texas wins.... but the fact that it's in Lincoln is why some of us feel like it can go either way.

For example, I went to the A&M/Missouri game this weekend. Missouri was the better team, but A&M came away with the victory. At Missouri, I think the tigers would have won that game by two touchdowns.

Actually, were closer to UT's level than you may think if you look at stats (I know....take stats for what their worth).

Big 12 Stats

OU was able to rush against UT. Granted they had Peterson for the game but we have 4 backs very capable of running againt UT. Interestingly enough though, NU has the #1 rushing offense in the Big 12. UT has the #1 rushing defense. That makes me begin to wonder if Callihan is going to open it up downfield early to establish the running game instead of establishing the running the game first to open up the passing game.

Actually, were closer to UT's level than you may think if you look at stats (I know....take stats for what their worth).

Big 12 Stats

OU was able to rush against UT. Granted they had Peterson for the game but we have 4 backs very capable of running againt UT. Interestingly enough though, NU has the #1 rushing offense in the Big 12. UT has the #1 rushing defense. That makes me begin to wonder if Callihan is going to open it up downfield early to establish the running game instead of establishing the running the game first to open up the passing game.

Okieland, I agree that Nebraska's closer to Texas than what some people are saying, but to say that Oklahoma was able to run against us is a bit misleading. They had the nations best running back run the ball 25 times. He gained 109 yards (50 under his average). He only had two plays over ten yards and was held to 38 yards in the second half. Also, 30 yards of the 109 came on one run.

I would like to see us switch which plays we run out of certain packages. If we have three tight ends in the game, it is about 90% certain that we will run the ball. If we go shot gun with three recievers its about 90% certain that we throw the ball. We should mix it up in these packages to keep the d on their toes a little more.

Big 12 Stats

Okieland, I agree that Nebraska's closer to Texas than what some people are saying, but to say that Oklahoma was able to run against us is a bit misleading. They had the nations best running back run the ball 25 times. He gained 109 yards (50 under his average). He only had two plays over ten yards and was held to 38 yards in the second half. Also, 30 yards of the 109 came on one run.

And that is why you guys have the #1 rush defense :lol: