Adrian Peterson and Oklahoma

There is nothing i love more than to see Oklahoma suffer but the fact that Adrian Peterson is pretty much a lemon is tough for me to watch as a fan of college football, with all that potential he had to putting up huge numbers this year its a shame to see him go down. Kinda like Michael Bush from Louisville, same outcome. Did anyone watch this game? I was too busy Pre gaming for the 'Skers game that i didnt see the injury, I saw that Oklahoma was winning the game. Was his injury on an uneeded show boat dive into the endzone or did he have to dive to score the points? I need some clarification from someone who watched it or saw the replay!

By the way, conservative calling by Bill C was annoying but sitting in a popular Manhattan Bar (Kite's) surrounded by Loud ass Husker fans was a sight to see. The wildcat fans just shut thier mouths. An entire side of this bar was red, im thinking 25 -30 of us and that doesnt count the red scattered around the rest of the bar. Way to go everyone who made the trek. Lets get it bumpin for Texas this week and tame the horns!! dedhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarse

Was his injury on an uneeded show boat dive into the endzone or did he have to dive to score the points? I need some clarification from someone who watched it or saw the replay!

The video looks as if he was showing boating but IMO it looks as if he was tripped up slightly. He threw his left arm out there to break his fall and ended up breaking his collar-bone. I think most OU fans are now starting to ask why AD was still playing that late in the game with such a commanding lead. I have to think it had something to do with his dad being in the stands for the first time. Whatever the reason, a huge bubble burst over Norman on Saturday as most OU fans I've talked to have serious doubts about the rest of the season and their season next year.

The dive in the endzone is very debatable. A guy did dive at his feet, but AP has such great balance, I don't think that it would of been enough to bring him down. It was a freak thing and I really feel bad for AP to end his season and most likely his college career like that in front of his dad for the first time.

Losing AP definitely hurts OU this year, but looking at their schedule. I think they probally have a fifty/fifty shot or better in their remaining games. They still have a ton of talent on their team and they have a very good coach. They also played well without AP last year with a freshman quarterback.

It didn't look like a showboat dive to me. It looked like he felt himself start to get tripped up and dove to ensure he made it into the endzone. And that's pretty much consistent with how AP has played football...he just goes and goes and doesn't quit. From our angle it definitely looked like he didn't need to dive to get in, but it doesn't always look or feel the same when you're running full speed and someone starts to cut your legs out from under you.

It didn't look like a showboat dive to me. It looked like he felt himself start to get tripped up and dove to ensure he made it into the endzone. And that's pretty much consistent with how AP has played football...he just goes and goes and doesn't quit. From our angle it definitely looked like he didn't need to dive to get in, but it doesn't always look or feel the same when you're running full speed and someone starts to cut your legs out from under you.

:yeah