Herian

bluiz18

Is it safe to assume to say that Mat is not where he used to be? Or is it that we dont use our tight ends vertically anymore? Or does Zac not see the open tight end 30 yards down the field? Im not sure my self i have only noticed tight ends on crossing routs and slants in red zone situations this year. Thoughts?

Is it safe to assume to say that Mat is not where he used to be? Or is it that we dont use our tight ends vertically anymore? Or does Zac not see the open tight end 30 yards down the field? Im not sure my self i have only noticed tight ends on crossing routs and slants in red zone situations this year. Thoughts?

Matt certainly isn't what he used to be. He is much more careful and hesitant now. We are using the TE's but they are not getting the receptions they used to. On several plays against Texas I noticed we did have receivers wide-open but Zac seemed to drop back and look straight for Purify.

I also saw that but he was driving his man out to side and Taylor kept rolling out till the defender finally came free. I don't know if he can be blamed for that play. It has to be tough to come back from that type of injury and I take my hat off to him. Lets just hope he does have that break out game. Callahan seems to come up with all sorts of plays that we haven't seen yet. Who knows if hes waiting for the right game to use Herian.

GBR!!!

I also saw that but he was driving his man out to side and Taylor kept rolling out till the defender finally came free. I don't know if he can be blamed for that play. It has to be tough to come back from that type of injury and I take my hat off to him. Lets just hope he does have that break out game. Callahan seems to come up with all sorts of plays that we haven't seen yet. Who knows if hes waiting for the right game to use Herian.

GBR!!!

Even Michael Vick rolls out into the arms of a blitzing defender at times. It happens.

Sure Herian isn't the same he was before the injury but he still has much to offer the team. He has the experience to know how to get open and still has great hands.

a step slower and not mentally over a terrible injury, but still a damn good recieving TE. it has to be tough to come as far as he has to even be able to play again.

i know we all expected great things from Matt this year after he caught the TD pass in the first game.

as far as Zach looking straight for MO, i probably would also since all but 1 reception has been for a first down or better

His stride does look a little shorter then it was earlier in his career. Make no mistake though this guy is not a novelty he is a big time, pass catching, run blocking machine. The only thing I see is his need to over protect himself at the point of contact. He still knows how to get open. He is also STILL the best tightend we have. The guy is a stud, and I wish him he best.