Oklahoma State Fiasco

I just do not know what to say!!!! Deja Vu (Kansas Game).

You can only say one thing about this week; we just had no HEART to finish the game.

I hate to say this, but kiss two good things goodbye (1) Top 25 Rating and (2) Big 12 Championship Game. We do not deserve to play in that game.

Where the HELL is Husker Motto "Restore the Order"?

Anyways, Next Year with Keller and Team.

You can only say one thing about this week; we just had no HEART to finish the game.

I hate to say this, but kiss two good things goodbye (1) Top 25 Rating and (2) Big 12 Championship Game. We do not deserve to play in that game.

Usually most first posts are a bit more optimistic. :)

As long as we beat the tigers we'll play in the CCG. The southern division may still have more talent but we're getting better.

I can't help but be frustrated by this team. We have the potential to win or lose any game we play. We are terribly inconsistent, sometimes BC & Co look like geniuses, at other times they look incompitent.

Seriously, how do you go from being a fumble away from beating the defending Nat'l champs, to losing to a Big 12 south bottomfeeder... in one week?

I absolutely HATE losing to teams that we are superior to. For some reason when we get a decent lead in a game, we decide to fall apart. Twice we've done that this year... KU/OSU. We have to be able to close out games.

I am generally happy with Cally's offense. We have a great receiving corps a solid QB and a good stable of RB's. The line is about the only thing that needs to be improved there. They just don't seem physical enough. They are terrible about getting a good push for short yardage rushing plays, and miss assignments way too often, making taylor hurry in the pocket, or get layed out.

But, let's face it guys.. our Defense S-U-C-K-S. We have taken a step backwards. Our front seven aren't putting any pressure on the QB. The linebackers seem to always be a step or two behind the play, our corners... well one is horribly undersized and can't compensate with skill, the other is inexperienced and gets burned constantly. The safeties are the strongest point in the backfield, shanle is playing very well, and green is doing alright. Aside from all that, apparently we've forgotten how to tackle! Opponents are constantly breaking tackles and getting crazy YAC.

I have no idea where the problems with the defense are coming from. Most of the time I like the play calling from Coz. So, it's either the players are just that bad, not playing with enough heart, or they're not being taught well. They say that you play like you practice, so I'm leaning towards that.

Okay, enough negativity.

The secondary looks like it will be worlds better next year, we've already got 3 or 4 DB's committed, plus we'll have fluellen and (crap forgot the other guy's name) back, as well as more experienced jones and thenarse. And I think our linebackers will be solid with added depth and more experience.

Anyway, I just don't know where this team is headed. Whenever it looks like we're turning the corner, we fall on our face again. It's fairly frustrating. But, I, like so many others will grit my teeth and see what happens.

I still would MUCH rather be a Husker fan during the most brutal loss than a fan of any other school.

We have 4 possibly 5 games remaining, I am not about to give up on these kids, even if they lost every game. NUFF SAID :steam

We have 4 possibly 5 games remaining, I am not about to give up on these kids, even if they lost every game. NUFF SAID :steam

me neither.............light the fire Billy C.and let it burn into a bowl victory............GBR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing I would say, is that OSU is A LOT better than they have been in the past. They are also improving, and they just got a 160 MILLION Donation from Boone Pickens to improve facilities. Expect big things from them in the future. It's not like KState thumped y'all. OSU is a legitimate team, and Stillwater is still a tough place to play.

Uh... BOTH are still possible. Don't give up grasshopper. FANS need to show the same heart that you expect of the players.

The secondary looks like it will be worlds better next year, we've already got 3 or 4 DB's committed, plus we'll have fluellen and (crap forgot the other guy's name) back, as well as more experienced jones and thenarse. And I think our linebackers will be solid with added depth and more experience.

Fluellen is a senior but might be able to get a medical hardship since he went down so early in the season. You might be thinking of Bryan Wilson as the other DB.

I can't help but be frustrated by this team. We have the potential to win or lose any game we play. We are terribly inconsistent, sometimes BC & Co look like geniuses, at other times they look incompitent.

Seriously, how do you go from being a fumble away from beating the defending Nat'l champs, to losing to a Big 12 south bottomfeeder... in one week?

I absolutely HATE losing to teams that we are superior to. For some reason when we get a decent lead in a game, we decide to fall apart. Twice we've done that this year... KU/OSU. We have to be able to close out games.

I am generally happy with Cally's offense. We have a great receiving corps a solid QB and a good stable of RB's. The line is about the only thing that needs to be improved there. They just don't seem physical enough. They are terrible about getting a good push for short yardage rushing plays, and miss assignments way too often, making taylor hurry in the pocket, or get layed out.

But, let's face it guys.. our Defense S-U-C-K-S. We have taken a step backwards. Our front seven aren't putting any pressure on the QB. The linebackers seem to always be a step or two behind the play, our corners... well one is horribly undersized and can't compensate with skill, the other is inexperienced and gets burned constantly. The safeties are the strongest point in the backfield, shanle is playing very well, and green is doing alright. Aside from all that, apparently we've forgotten how to tackle! Opponents are constantly breaking tackles and getting crazy YAC.

I have no idea where the problems with the defense are coming from. Most of the time I like the play calling from Coz. So, it's either the players are just that bad, not playing with enough heart, or they're not being taught well. They say that you play like you practice, so I'm leaning towards that.

Okay, enough negativity.

Anyway, I just don't know where this team is headed. Whenever it looks like we're turning the corner, we fall on our face again. It's fairly frustrating. But, I, like so many others will grit my teeth and see what happens.

I still would MUCH rather be a Husker fan during the most brutal loss than a fan of any other school.

our secondary MAY be half-way adequate next year, at best.....you don't fix that part of the game overnight and i believe coach E needs to have his ass caned........he shows me nothing!