FoxSports.com on Big 12 North

• The Big 12 North is still a mess

Fans of the old Big 8 got their hopes up when Missouri and Nebraska got out to a quick start. But the Tigers were crushed at home by Oklahoma and Nebraska, fresh off a heart-breaking loss to Texas, suffered an inexcusable loss to Oklahoma State. Is it recruiting? Is it coaching? Whatever the case, the North is still far, far behind the South. Baylor could probably win the Big 12 North. Think about that.

I personally do not agree with the Baylor Comment.

well, Baylor did beat CU, Kansas and K-State....that is pretty pathetic.

I don't know what's been up lately with the North. We have been switching around coaches and QBs in the past few years...but is that the reason why teams have been doing so poor? It's weird.

CU is doing terrible...Iowa State hasn't won a single conference game yet, putting them below CU...Missouri and Nebraska are the only teams that should be able to compete with the South, but after this weekend we have yet to prove that.

football is kind of like the ocean tides, sometimes they are high and other times they are low. right now the north is at low tide, and the south is at high tide.

it will switch around and the south will go through troubles also. i remember when none of the teams in the south were worth a crap. so just take it all with a grain of salt.

our time is just right around the corner imo

football is kind of like the ocean tides, sometimes they are high and other times they are low. right now the north is at low tide, and the south is at high tide.

it will switch around and the south will go through troubles also. i remember when none of the teams in the south were worth a crap. so just take it all with a grain of salt.

:yeah

Perfectly put, now let's try explaining this in baby speak to the bandwagoning crybabies all over this board.

What makes you think that our time is coming? Better recruiting - I agree we have improving talent. But this coaching staff won't know what to do with it. This was the year that Callahan was to take a major step forward - 9-3 or 10-2 and he'll be lucky to match last year's 8-4. He does not get the college game and he will lead us nowhere. That is not crying or me jumping off the bandwagon - that is fact based upon watching three years of this regime with most of the emphasis put on this year's team.

recruiting in the south is like shooting fish in a barrel. 4 of the 6 teams are in texas, and both oklahoma teams are big in the minds of texas players, they have always recruited well out of texas.

For the teams of the north, it is a much, much harder issue. Bad weather cerainly doesnt help, neither does the fact that all the of north schools have had bad coaching hires, or internal issues and scandals(CU) sence the big 12 was formed.

Basicly the entire north is rebuilding(NU, CU, KSU) or have never been dominant teams, even back to the big 8 days(ISU, KU, MU) . In the age of instant gratifacation, people want what they want now. The reality of it is that it takes time to rebuild a winner, especially with the parity around these days. The south teams that were rebuilding are ahead of the north right now. Some of the schools need time(NU, CU, KSU), and some really need to look at a coaching change(ISU, MU)

While it is entirely possible that NU finnishes with the same record as a year ago, the teams NU faced this year are a bit better than a year ago.

The Big 12 is a combination of the Big 8 and Southwest Conference. When you look at where the power was in those conferences the South was stacked from the beginning. The Big 8 was dominated by two teams, Nebraska and Oklahoma, the Southwest by two teams, Texas and Texas A&M. Sure every once in a while someone else would break out and win like Colorado in the Big 8 and yes even Baylor in the Southwest but over the years those were the dominant teams. Now you put them together and put three of the four dominent teams from those conferences in the South leaving only Nebraska in the North. So I would say that overall the South has been stacked from the beginning and the only time the North began to catch up is when Nebraska and KSU and Colorado were strong. Now once again you are left with Nebraska and maybe Missouri as strong teams and the rest of the North floundering. The comment about recruiting is right on the mark. Living in San Marcos and working in Austin I have no choice but to hear all of the Texas recruiting talk and if the top high school players aren't going to Texas then they are going to Texas A&M or Oklahoma. Stoops has done a masterful job raising the recruiting strength of Oklahoma in Texas, back to the point it was when Switzer recruited the heck out of Texas high schools. I would have hoped that those Alamo Bowl appearences would have helped Nebraska's Texas recruiting but I think your coaches may need to spend more time down here and get more of our recruits up there to see the facilities because once they see them they will come. There is nothing at Texas or A&M or Tech or Oklahoma that can match them. That starts by the way with your coaches getting to know the high school coaches down here. That is why Mack Brown can get the pick of the litter, because he works so well with all of the high school coaches, something Coach Fran at A&M and Mike Leech at Tech haven't mastered like Brown has. Just a few thoughts for you.

Perfectly put, now let's try explaining this in baby speak to the bandwagoning crybabies all over this board.

There's really no point, those bandwagon fans have the comprehension of a baby.