Defense

The D was making me a little nervous in the last quarter. That stopping them for 2/3 plays and then giving up the 1st down stuff makes me nuts. They did get some good plays and for the most part the O was able to keep MO's O off the field. We know we have issues with our secondary. When Mo got desparate and started attacking the secondary they started putting some drives together. I can see why Cally feels like he needs to play conservative when we have the lead in the 2nd half; i.e., don't let the opposing offense on the field.

Man, that dropped pass by Philips gave Mo the opportunity to rebound.

once again we couldn't put the dagger early in this game. dedhoarse

Our D was fired up early, and i think thats partly because missou was forcing the run. they were somewhat predictable so we could get a rush up front on their few pass plays. Average performance, they did enough to force mistakes at times, so i commend them. big win, Bring on A&M

Our D was fired up early, and i think thats partly because missou was forcing the run. they were somewhat predictable so we could get a rush up front on their few pass plays. Average performance, they did enough to force mistakes at times, so i commend them. big win, Bring on A&M

That dropped pass by Philips seemed to give MO hope and inspiration. Then we did that strange call to use the clock on the run followed by an incomplete pass and out. Oh well, we never did really loose control.

That incomplete pass on 2nd down with like 6 minutes left really left me wondering. That was really the only questionable thing I saw all day as far as play calling.

I like the idea of a pass there, but keep it as a pass that you can be almost 100% sure will be caught. We'd had great success with screens and little halfback outlets all day, and some of them even gave us excellent yardage. I'd much rather have seen that than the pass play they ran.

That incomplete pass on 2nd down with like 6 minutes left really left me wondering. That was really the only questionable thing I saw all day as far as play calling.

I like the idea of a pass there, but keep it as a pass that you can be almost 100% sure will be caught. We'd had great success with screens and little halfback outlets all day, and some of them even gave us excellent yardage. I'd much rather have seen that than the pass play they ran.

maybe Cally thought he could lull them to sleep.

That dropped pass by Philips seemed to give MO hope and inspiration. Then we did that strange call to use the clock on the run followed by an incomplete pass and out. Oh well, we never did really loose control.

The dropped pass by Phillips was huge. Phillips would have scored easily on that play. Instead the tigers take the ball back and drive down and score. That's a 14 point turnaround.

Also the passes mentioned above was a factor as well. Jackson was doing a great job running the ball and the incomplete passes stopped the clock and gave the ball back to the tigers. They didn't even have to use their timeouts.

We should have also took a couple of knees on the last drive. No reason to risk a fumble. Not that it mattered since the tigers were down two td's with 2 minutes left on the clock.

I appologize for my complaining. I'm glad we won and I know many on the team had a great game today but it seems to me we still need to work on a few things. It's these little mistakes that allow teams to come back on us in the latter parts of the game.

The dropped pass by Phillips was huge. Phillips would have scored easily on that play. Instead the tigers take the ball back and drive down and score. That's a 14 point turnaround.

Also the passes mentioned above was a factor as well. Jackson was doing a great job running the ball and the incomplete passes stopped the clock and gave the ball back to the tigers. They didn't even have to use their timeouts.

We should have also took a couple of knees on the last drive. No reason to risk a fumble. Not that it mattered since the tigers were down two td's with 2 minutes left on the clock.

I appologize for my complaining. I'm glad we won and I know many on the team had a great game today but it seems to me we still need to work on a few things. It's these little mistakes that allow teams to come back on us in the latter parts of the game.

Yep, if Philips had caught that pass it could have been game Huskers right there. Fortunately the Huskers were able to keep a lid on the game anyway. I'm sure Philips is kicking himself over that one.

THis would be a really good D if we had some playmakers at DB. Our linebackers have to drop back into coverage to help them out. This is why these teams are running on us, and why we are not getting much pressure on QBs.

I think the offense played well (minus the the fumble and dropped pass by Phillips). The D, all I have to say is, we need real help with our secondary.