"30" defense

I dont think we see much of this against A&M. With McKeon and Octo being healthy i doubt Culbert sees the field. If Octo had been healthy against mizzou he would have been the one in MC's spot. Culbert played his butt off but the few times he got entangled with an OL he got pummeled he couldnt shed the block. I look for Octo to have a monster game on Saturday, to literally be a difference maker.

I think this game is very winable. I was way more concerned about Mizzou. I dont think we have near as much to look for on Defense. McGhee is not a great thrower by any stretch of the imagination. I dont believe you will see 32 carries from BJax and 11 more from Lucky. I dont think we can line up and run at these guys like we could against MU OKst and Iowa St. I think we are going to have to do some more work through the air than in weeks past. the good thing is we can do that

sorry, it was your sidekick 95 husker

"You guys are all mad at me and landonhusker. thats fine you are entitled to your own opinion. So are we. we came on here yesterday to voice out own opionions about nebraska football... We are DIE-HARD nebraska fans. There are just a few things we dont like. I look at it this way. You are the head of a major sales orginization. You are responsible for hiring and training. When your trainees come in and after they have been trained you notice a few individuals that are not up to par but you know with all of your years of experience that they are going to be great with the right training. So what do you do? nit pick on every little detail so that person knows everything and gets every weapon he/she needs to become the best! I love nebraska football and i see the potential this next few seasons can have. Im just the nit picker who wants the best to come out of everyone!"

It's a good one. I guess at least you have something a little more legit to talk about.

sorry, it was your sidekick 95 husker

"You guys are all mad at me and landonhusker. thats fine you are entitled to your own opinion. So are we. we came on here yesterday to voice out own opionions about nebraska football... We are DIE-HARD nebraska fans. There are just a few things we dont like. I look at it this way. You are the head of a major sales orginization. You are responsible for hiring and training. When your trainees come in and after they have been trained you notice a few individuals that are not up to par but you know with all of your years of experience that they are going to be great with the right training. So what do you do? nit pick on every little detail so that person knows everything and gets every weapon he/she needs to become the best! I love nebraska football and i see the potential this next few seasons can have. Im just the nit picker who wants the best to come out of everyone!"

It's a good one. I guess at least you have something a little more legit to talk about.

No, 95's got it all wrong. No one is mad because they have an opinion. They are mad because their posts heretofore have had no redeeming value, no constructive criticism, do not give pause to think or consider.

But you seem to be genuinely contrite so I will pick up on your thread.

Your sales analogy is, IMHO, ridiculous.

First, if your management style is to nit-pick your sales staff until they succeed, you won't have a sales staff for long.

Second, no sales person has to work at practicing and revieiwng sales films for dozens of hours per week, then bust their butts in the weight room or on the track or on the stairs, then try to get passing grades in college courses, all in order to make sales for a few hours on Saturdays. Oh, and when they do go make sales, those sales don't include opponents of gargantuan size, running sub 5 second forty speed, trying to take your head off.

Go back and read about striving greatly. These kids and coaches strive greatly. Every day. We are privileged to watch the results of their efforts. And it is and will be GREAT fun for all, even if the game ends up in a loss. We get to yell and cheer and scream. No, 95, you should not be trashing the likes of young Mr. Ruud. You should be appreciative of his and his teammate's efforts.

If he is hanging around Lane's shoulders, then he should never play again. If we are successfully going to stop Lane and Lewis then we need to tackle between the waist and the knees. Trying to horsecollar this guys to the ground is the wrong way to go about it.

Nope! With that size and speed, those thighs are like jackhammers. Gotta tackle at the knees and below. Gonna get real viscious in the interior line play next Saturday.

I've loved what I have seen from Culbert from day 1. It was great to see him get a lot of playing time last week and do well with the time he got. I think he earned himself quite a bit more playing time, however, I don't think he'll be playing the same role against A&M. Thenarse is another freshman stud that I think should see the field. These guys are going to be good.

I've loved what I have seen from Culbert from day 1. It was great to see him get a lot of playing time last week and do well with the time he got. I think he earned himself quite a bit more playing time, however, I don't think he'll be playing the same role against A&M. Thenarse is another freshman stud that I think should see the field. These guys are going to be good.

:yeah