:bonez:bonez:bonez

Defensive Player of the Week

Bo Ruud, Jr, LB, Nebraska (Lincoln, Neb.)

In Nebraska's 34-20 win over Missouri, Bo Ruud registered seven tackles, including five solo stops and a sack, one caused fumble, a fumble recovery and an interception with a 40-yard return. Ruud was responsible for two of Missouri's three turnovers. His interception led to a one-play, 17-yard touchdown drive for the Cornhuskers. In the waning minutes of the game Ruud tallied a 13-yard sack on a third-and-10 play from the Nebraska 28 and a strip and fumble recovery on consecutive Missouri possessions to preserve the final margin.

Big 12

Nice accomplishment! Now for the LB corps to keep getting better. And healthier.

RUUD!!?????????????? You guys have to be kidding me! This guy is not all that good. YES he did have a fumble recovery and YES he did get a tipped ball that fell right in his bread basket... he had i think 5 or 6 solo "tackles" and a buncha half tackles........ he is always caught pilling on at the end of a play and gets credit for all of these tackles... If you watch him on the field if you WERE at the game and payed strict attention to him he is always out of position and never wants to light someone up! he has ample opportunities to make big tackles but never lights up the defender when given the chance.. there was a moment in the game where a reciever was out on a swing pass and he came over to defend it.. the reciever slips and ruud trips over him... gets credit for a tackle... tight ends over the middle he watches them go by and if they caught the ball right in front of him he didnt lay the smack down.. i think he is playing scared and gets all this recognition because of prior family members playing.. his dad may have been good... his brother and him werent that good...

Nice accomplishment! Now for the LB corps to keep getting better. And healthier.

You have got to be joking. Bo Ruud is awful. He is slow. He is the worst tackler in the big 12. I watched the game Saturday with 3 former starting linebackers and they all made fun of him. To a tee their opinions were that he was awful. The interception fell in his hands. The two longest plays mizzou had were due to his screw ups. I ave ever in my life seen a LB so afraid to hit someone. He has an ok game and that is the best he'll get. Octavien is way better and needs to start ahead of him when healthy.

The 3 linebackers i was (all played in the 90's) said and i quote " the only LB on this team that would have played when we were there is Octavien

RUUD!!?????????????? You guys have to be kidding me! This guy is not all that good. YES he did have a fumble recovery and YES he did get a tipped ball that fell right in his bread basket... he had i think 5 or 6 solo "tackles" and a buncha half tackles........ he is always caught pilling on at the end of a play and gets credit for all of these tackles... If you watch him on the field if you WERE at the game and payed strict attention to him he is always out of position and never wants to light someone up! he has ample opportunities to make big tackles but never lights up the defender when given the chance.. there was a moment in the game where a reciever was out on a swing pass and he came over to defend it.. the reciever slips and ruud trips over him... gets credit for a tackle... tight ends over the middle he watches them go by and if they caught the ball right in front of him he didnt lay the smack down.. i think he is playing scared and gets all this recognition because of prior family members playing.. his dad may have been good... his brother and him werent that good...

Yeah the all time leader at Nebraska in tackles wasn't that good... :sarcasm What are you talking about? You keep saying that he is just in the right place at the right time, but that is what good players do, they put themselves into position to make great plays... Too bad we couldn't just congratulate Bo on a great game without saying he's no good and neither was his brother... :hmmm At least you said his Dad MAY have been good...

You have got to be joking. Bo Ruud is awful. He is slow. He is the worst tackler in the big 12. I watched the game Saturday with 3 former starting linebackers and they all made fun of him. To a tee their opinions were that he was awful. The interception fell in his hands. The two longest plays mizzou had were due to his screw ups. I ave ever in my life seen a LB so afraid to hit someone. He has an ok game and that is the best he'll get. Octavien is way better and needs to start ahead of him when healthy.

The 3 linebackers i was (all played in the 90's) said and i quote " the only LB on this team that would have played when we were there is Octavien

interesting stuff

Yeah the all time leader at Nebraska in tackles wasn't that good... :sarcasm What are you talking about? You keep saying that he is just in the right place at the right time, but that is what good players do, they put themselves into position to make great plays... Too bad we couldn't just congratulate Bo on a great game without saying he's no good and neither was his brother... :hmmm At least you said his Dad MAY have been good...

When barrett was here we had ZERO defensive lineman that were good.. he had to make all of the plays not because our front four couldnt do anything. and i didnt say he is in the right place at the right time... always out of position.. if you watched the game you would know this

When barrett was here we had ZERO defensive lineman that were good.. he had to make all of the plays not because our front four couldnt do anything. and i didnt say he is in the right place at the right time... always out of position.. if you watched the game you would know this

I swear on my children that 3 former linebackers said this

Who cares about Ruud's season. He had a good game Saturday. That's why it's called the Defensive Player of the Week award and not "the Year". He stepped up when he had too.

stepped up huh. interception not if carriker doesnt step up and deflect the pass. 7 tackles not if 7 others dont tackle the guy first and allow him to pile on. stepped up huh, how bout the long pass to his guy that he was 20 yards behind. How about the 14 tackles he flat missed. how about the QB scramble by Daniel in the 3rd that he whiffed on completely. stepped up id say grixby, culbert, carriker, suh, ola, and turner stepped up. ruud is getting the glory for things these guys did