John Blake shows up at Holy Ghost films!!! yall missed a good one.

spoke to the group for about 20 minutes before turning over to our regular GA.

very inspiring guy, he picked an empty seat next to me before the films to eat a Stoyich sausage samich, a burger, bowl of chili and a coke. I got there early to hold the good seats.... very good fortune move on my part!

Offered his hand and introduced himself.

got some one-on-one chat in. very nice guy. TONS of energy and good vibes given off by him.

my brother and nephew walk in to see me and Blake laughing and cutting up. they sit, he offers his hand and intros again.....

dont worry about this years recruit class.... "I got some guys tucked away, I dont go public with, once I go public everybody wants them!"

"going after about 6-7 DL I keep calling them telling them "who wants to be part of the fab 5", they know there are more than 5 of them we are looking at.... now they are all calling me."

asked him about Norvel, he said he was aware of the ISU thing but does not know where it stands.... I then point blank asked him "Do you want to be a HC again?"... "Yes, absolutly, I will be a HC again.... but I got work left to do before that happens. I like it here, my wife loves it here, my kids are treated great and we aint that far away" it was asked by someone if it was true that Miami was after him last year, it was true, he is not interested in Miami.

He spoke freely of God, prayer, and relationships with these kids being more important than talking football. most of the time football is one of the last things he talks about. He also spoke of the fans, it is the #1 selling point of the recruiting process, NU fans are like no other in terms of passion. the love shown to these kids, most of whom are from single parent homes hit these kids the hardest when they come to NU for a visit. hearing their names chanted by fans, getting asked for autographs by little kids, all the well wishes, kindness, slaps on the back make a visit to NU much different.

the most important thing you can do for NU in his opinion is to include the kids and staff in your prayers just once in a while.

offered his hand again on his way to the door, with a big smile and a "pleasure to meet you"... my reply,.... "I will pray for you coach"

I am proud as a fan of NU to have him as a NU coach.

everything I hear about the guy is positive. I hope we can keep ahold of this guy for many years. he really sounds like a nebraska type of guy: god, family, and football

... and so it turns out that one on nebraska's saviors was a switzer era sooner.

i'll be honest, when i heard that he blake was coming to NU, i was worried. WORRIED, i tell you!

blake was the captain of the USS Sooner in their deepest and darkest hours. the ship wasn't sinking, it was already on the reef and had taken on a LOT of water. he did his best and to this day people will argue that coach blake might have been fired too soon.

ever watch 'a day in the life of a husker?' i think that's the title. anyhow, it's a week with Tom Osborne as he preps to play against Oklahoma. It was TO final season and the last time he would ever coach against the Sooners. game day comes and the sooners are eviscerated. it's a good film but it's sad to see how low the sooner were at that time. the head coach for the Sooners? John Blake. and i believe that was his final season with OU.

so he bounced around for a bit. a little time here, a little time there, a year at MSU and now he's a husker. a stable environment where he can build something. and he's doing a good job: the blackshrits are good, but with the talent blake in bringing in, they're gonna be even better.

i never thought i'd see the day that a sooner, and a barry switzer era sooner at that, would be man to help bring Nebraska back to greatness. but then life will lead you to the darnest places sometimes.

everything I hear about the guy is positive. I hope we can keep ahold of this guy for many years. he really sounds like a nebraska type of guy: god, family, and football

... and so it turns out that one on nebraska's saviors was a switzer era sooner.

i'll be honest, when i heard that he blake was coming to NU, i was worried. WORRIED, i tell you!

blake was the captain of the USS Sooner in their deepest and darkest hours. the ship wasn't sinking, it was already on the reef and had taken on a LOT of water. he did his best and to this day people will argue that coach blake might have been fired too soon.

ever watch 'a day in the life of a husker?' i think that's the title. anyhow, it's a week with Tom Osborne as he preps to play against Oklahoma. It was TO final season and the last time he would ever coach against the Sooners. game day comes and the sooners are eviscerated. it's a good film but it's sad to see how low the sooner were at that time. the head coach for the Sooners? John Blake. and i believe that was his final season with OU.

How quickly we forget that Stoops won it all with Blakes players. :nutz

Wish the guy the best, and I hope he stays "N" for a while. :thumbs

so he bounced around for a bit. a little time here, a little time there, a year at MSU and now he's a husker. a stable environment where he can build something. and he's doing a good job: the blackshrits are good, but with the talent blake in bringing in, they're gonna be even better.

i never thought i'd see the day that a sooner, and a barry switzer era sooner at that, would be man to help bring Nebraska back to greatness. but then life will lead you to the darnest places sometimes.