keller, mo pur

95huskers

It would be cool to have a Heisman/Pro-Style QB go off as Keller is hyped to do. It would be even cooler (sorry for lack of colorful words) to have him throwing to an NFL prototype receiver.

However...

1) To put up huge passing numbers, you take away from what is an obviously strong running attack we have returning. Big numbers by QB's and WR's doesn't equate to wins and championships (ask T-Tech, Hawaii and New Mexico State)

2) Our offensive line has some SERIOUS work to do if our passing numbers and efficiency are going to grow any further than they are right now. But again, if they are solid, a balanced attack would be the best result in my opinion.

We have made huge leaps over the last season offensively. But if our offensive line jells, and we start getting better production out of our tight ends, what we have seen this season is nothing. This offense has the potential to put up huge numbers, striking from almost any part of the field. We are just a couple recruits away.

Keller has already proven himself with outstanding numbers at ASU. I have no doubt he is one of the most talened qb's in the nation. The only question is if he can master the play book or, might BC have to dumb down the play book for a little while.

From what I've read about Sam he won't have too much of a problem. Coach Koetter at ASU said Sam Keller is very field smart and he picked up his offense at ASU faster than any other QB he has seen at ASU.

Also with Keller getting here last September he has 12 months before our first game against Nevada.

the hook up next year boys! think mo pur is good this year? just wait.... with a stud QB who was a preseason heisman watch before he got hurt at asu look for these 2 to go big next year! should be exciting dont ya think? with keller getting all the scout team drills this year i think he will be clicking with the offense next year right off the bat! look for big numbers from these guys! maybe even a young gun or 2! whats your take? how can we be stopped with weapons of mass distruction?

Uh, three more BIG games to get through this year before we get into 07 team. suggest reposting on January 10, 2007. Then you'll get lots of response.

besides, how can we expect the team to not look past CU if we do????? :bonez

i didnt say for the team to look past anything... wanted a few interested fans thoughts about the future of this program... if you dont have any then dont reply... i am stating my opinion about a subject that is positive... everyone hates that i am negative about sum of our defensive players so i decided to get positive about our offense next year! things are going to be very good for them in 07

I guess I've been "Profiling" you a little..Sorry.

When I read your 1st sentence, I figured you were bashing Zac..or were about to.

I was anticipating great things from Sam this season before Koetter lost his mind..Lets hope things jell with the O-line and the ball is spread around next year..And congratulations to this year's Huskers..For the most part, you guy's have exceded my expectations.

It would be cool to have a Heisman/Pro-Style QB go off as Keller is hyped to do. It would be even cooler (sorry for lack of colorful words) to have him throwing to an NFL prototype receiver.

However...

1) To put up huge passing numbers, you take away from what is an obviously strong running attack we have returning. Big numbers by QB's and WR's doesn't equate to wins and championships (ask T-Tech, Hawaii and New Mexico State)

2) Our offensive line has some SERIOUS work to do if our passing numbers and efficiency are going to grow any further than they are right now. But again, if they are solid, a balanced attack would be the best result in my opinion.

We have made huge leaps over the last season offensively. But if our offensive line jells, and we start getting better production out of our tight ends, what we have seen this season is nothing. This offense has the potential to put up huge numbers, striking from almost any part of the field. We are just a couple recruits away.

I was noticing last week that we were starting all underclassmen. The only upperclassmen that have really contributed this year are Mann and Austin and maybe Carl Nicks if you want to count him. With both of Mann and Austin out the younger guys have only gotten more experience. This line could be awfully good in a year or two.

Couple that with the running backs we've got and some young tight ends and receivers and all that's missing is a talented quarterback. I really really hope that Keller and or someone else steps up and delivers because with the pieces around them they could really put the NU offense on the map. I see a lot of promise for the future on offense.

However...

I was noticing last week that we were starting all underclassmen. The only upperclassmen that have really contributed this year are Mann and Austin and maybe Carl Nicks if you want to count him. With both of Mann and Austin out the younger guys have only gotten more experience. This line could be awfully good in a year or two.

Couple that with the running backs we've got and some young tight ends and receivers and all that's missing is a talented quarterback. I really really hope that Keller and or someone else steps up and delivers because with the pieces around them they could really put the NU offense on the map. I see a lot of promise for the future on offense.

:yeah Keller won't be working with scout team players anymore. He will have big time talent around him; BJax, Lucky, Purify, Nunn, Swift, and on and on it goes.

I haven't seen Keller play.

To me he's just another Husker player...until he does something to amaze me.

Will have to wait and see.

I'll get back to you in a year.

I got a chance to see him a couple times when he was ASU playing on TV. The guy is a gun slinger! I think the biggest difference between Sam and Zack is the scrambling.....What I remember, Sam could roll out away from the blitz and either find the open man down the field or tuck it and run.