I agree OSU and Michigan are the two best teams. There fore, when they play one another, one has to lose. Losing by 3 points doesn't necessarily make the team, "overrated". IMO USC has one more win to get to really have an argument, and the loss to Oregon St. is why.

Ratings are dumb in my opinion. Maybe it's just college football. I hate that as soon as a team loses once, they spend the season proving themselves. If they lose late in the year, ohwell, no time to prove yourselves. Better luck next year. Some teams will even go undefeated and still get no respect because of who they play. This is why March Madness is so special. There are actually equal chances for all. If there was December Madness, I can just imagine awesome it could be. :cheers

Then the two best teams in the nation don;t have much of a defense.

I believe that OSU is that good. But there have been other teams that have put the clamps on thier offense a little better than Michigan did.

And quite frankly, when you lose and do not drop it is crap. Pure and simple. USC in my opinion has a big beef here. They beat a team that was being touted as top ten, locked up thier O, and put the game away.

As much as I hate USC, they beat us handily, and have one hell of an argument if this plays out....

They beat Arkansas, which concievably could win the SEC

They beat Nebraska, which concievably could win the Big 12

They could beat Notre Dame, a one loss team.

If they do all of that, they deserve to play for the title plain and simple. Michigan lost late, lost giving up a ton of points, and lost their last game of the year. In years past, any other team that did that, plummeted in the polls. Crap.

USC has had too many close games to be ahead of MU. When Arkansas wins the SEC you know that conference has issues. ND also has had too many close games. Just b/c there were a lot of points scored doesn't mean that they (MU or OSU) are not a good team. It was two high powered offenses just slugging it out.

I agree that the rankings suck ass and there is always a team that gets screwed over year after year, but according to the "rules" I believe not moving Michigan was the right move at this point in the season. It MU would have gotten beat bad, yes, then move them down the rankings, but they only lost by 3 to the #1 team in the nation.

USC has had too many close games to be ahead of MU. When Arkansas wins the SEC you know that conference has issues.

Come on now, you gotta give Arkansas some credit here! The SEC is the most solid conference in the nation by far, there aren't any issues with the conference, it's just that Arkansas has gotten THAT much better since the USC game and found out how to win. Their running offense is stellar and their defense is pretty solid. I would go out on a limb and say that Arkansas could beat any of the teams in the Big 12. I think that they're about to prove they can beat anybody in the SEC when they handily dispose of LSU (even with the the #1 defense in the nation) and Florida in the Championship. They're a very good team.

Ok, I'm done ranting, I lived in Arkansas since I ws 3 and moved away from there about 11 years later, so I grew up a Hog. They're my 2nd favorite team to Nebraska. For awhile, Arkansas was being projected to play Nebraska in the Cotton Bowl for awhile, but they've been moved to the BCS bowls since. That would've been a helluva game though!

25. Hawaii 9-2 89

:wtf

Hawaii's got some serious talent out there. They probably should be higher.

After a bye week I could not expect us to move in the rankings nor do I believe we will move up after beating a terrible CU team. I must scratch my head and wonder how a few "played nobody" teams are ahead of us but Hawaii is not a team that surprises me by being in the top 25...even with their weak schedule, they do have some great talent.