I cannot believe that Michigan did not drop. I'm sorry, but ANY other team out there with the possible exception of ND drops after a loss, no matter who they lost to, or how tough they played. Complete and utter BS.

Bottom line, the precedent has been set for any other team out there, but there are different rules for about five teams when they lose.

Bull S H I T

No offense to you guys, but I don't think you can expect to go up much on a weekend when you don't play.

Especially in a poll that doesn't have a bearing on anything or anyone, really.

I don't understand why the AP waste's its time. I got an idea. Why don't we at Huskerboard start a poll. Then whoever we deem the "National Champions" will receive a box of Runzas and a corn head? It'd mean about as much as the AP poll if you ask me.

USC doesnt deserve to be in top 10...much less top 5.

:wtf are you talking about?!.

If USC beats Notre Dame and now bowl eligible UCLA (who has played better of late) they will be in the championship game. I still think OSU is the best team by far but you never know as if another team puts together a great game they can upset OSU (sort of like the year OSU upset Miami).

Michigan still has an excellent shot but was it just me or did anyone think they were really ever in that game yesterday? OSU was in control most of the game...Michigan got back in it in the 3rd qtr to their credit...but final score was closer than what the game actually was.

Florida with a USC loss and impressive final two wins also has a good shot. Ironically because FSU is bad this year, a Florida win vs. FSU will not help them as much this year.

To me it is USC, Michigan, or Florida...all the other teams below them are going to have a tough time. The USC vs. Notre Dame game is HUGE. Ironically, if Notre Dame wins this game they likely will not make the championship game because they lost to Michigan earlier. Think about it...if Notre Dame would have had say a loss to GA Tech their first game but then beat everyone else, they would be in the championship. But you can't take Michigan out of that game for Notre Dame since Michigan whooped Notre Dame (plus we just saw OSU beat Notre Dame handily last bowl season). I don't think Arkie has a shot...USC blew them out and sorry but wins over Southeast Missouri State and Lousiana-Monroe are not going to get you in the BCS championship.

I cannot believe that Michigan did not drop. I'm sorry, but ANY other team out there with the possible exception of ND drops after a loss, no matter who they lost to, or how tough they played. Complete and utter BS.

Bottom line, the precedent has been set for any other team out there, but there are different rules for about five teams when they lose.

Bull S H I T

The OSU/Michigan game was the NC IMO!!! They are the two best teams in the nation. You can't tell me that USC, ND, or Florida deserve to be ahead of them?????

Then the two best teams in the nation don;t have much of a defense.

I believe that OSU is that good. But there have been other teams that have put the clamps on thier offense a little better than Michigan did.

And quite frankly, when you lose and do not drop it is crap. Pure and simple. USC in my opinion has a big beef here. They beat a team that was being touted as top ten, locked up thier O, and put the game away.

As much as I hate USC, they beat us handily, and have one hell of an argument if this plays out....

They beat Arkansas, which concievably could win the SEC

They beat Nebraska, which concievably could win the Big 12

They could beat Notre Dame, a one loss team.

If they do all of that, they deserve to play for the title plain and simple. Michigan lost late, lost giving up a ton of points, and lost their last game of the year. In years past, any other team that did that, plummeted in the polls. Crap.

Why our rankings are so bad is because we lost to Oklahoma like we did, and because we barely won our last game. The people don't believe. I'm hoping a big, nationalally televised asswhooping of CU helps that out.

But really, I don't give a damn about our ranking, so long as we are in the Big XII Title game, and have the chance to get to a BCS bowl

:power