question on stadium loudness?

MVPujols

Yea, I sat in a none student section during the La Tech game as well and people told me and my friends to sit down and be quiet multiple times. Student section only for me from now on.

Seriously, why do people like that even bother to come to the games??? Honestly, what did you expect? This isnt an EFFIN' funeral. If you want it to be quiet stay at home and watch it on TV!!!

For me it doesn't really matter if I am at home or at a game. I am just as loud if we do something good. I don't yell the whole time when the defense was on the field of course, that would just be wierd. :bonez

I sit in the student section where we are always loud and standing. If I was in any other part of the stadium I would remain seated (unless something kick ass happened) our of respect for the other fans. BUT NO ONE should tell you to be quiet, thats just stupid. If people want quiet, Love Library is a couple buildings away.

. If you want it to be quiet stay at home and watch it on TV!!!

If you are seriously suggesting that any good Husker fan isnt screaming "RUN MARLON RUN" from the safety of their couch when Lucky hits the open field.... I dont know about anyone else, But i sure as hell am jumping up and down at home when we make a big play. :cheers

I blame the lack of noise on the inability for the next generation to get tickets. On the televised dates (big games) the blue hairs stay home and give their tickets away. On the non-telivised games they show up with their red blazers and their oxygen tanks only to be carried out by the redcross volunteers sometime during the game. Cold I know but it's just an observation.

. If you want it to be quiet stay at home and watch it on TV!!!

If you are seriously suggesting that any good Husker fan isnt screaming "RUN MARLON RUN" from the safety of their couch when Lucky hits the open field.... I dont know about anyone else, But i sure as hell am jumping up and down at home when we make a big play. :cheers

As am I. I guess I'm really trying to say is if you can't handle 80,000+ crazy fans around you, you should just stay home.

I think the situation stems from Nebraska being dominant over the past few decades. Those fans back then were able to nab season tickets and they have held on to them. But those fans have gotten older as they years past and they are not as energetic as when they were younger. They are still just as dedicated, but more lowkey.

When I attend games, I sit most of the time, out of respect for those behind me, but I am up and down quite a bit as well. I don't knock them because most have been Husker fans longer than I have been alive. But I do wish Memorial Stadium would move those who wish to sit along the sidelines and leave the rowdies in the end zone.