Did anyone listen to......................

The radio last night 1480. they were so shocked they called the big 12 office to see if the Bo Ruud thing was a misprint. they then went on for at least 30 minutes about the deal. Making fun of it. a reporter was on too and said"this gives all reporters ammunition against the coaches that insisted on voting. They wanted to vote because we as reporters didnt watch enough film. well this just goes to show that coaches didnt watch that much film either." There were 4 guests on that all said the same thing Ruud isnt even the best LB on the team he isnt even the best WILL LB on the team.

I have to agree with the consensus, Name and Name alone got him there.

Congrats to Zac, Adam, and Dane they deserve this its just too bad that the whole thing has turned into a mockery. When Shanle makes any list it turns an award into a disgrace.

The radio last night 1480. they were so shocked they called the big 12 office to see if the Bo Ruud thing was a misprint. they then went on for at least 30 minutes about the deal. Making fun of it. a reporter was on too and said"this gives all reporters ammunition against the coaches that insisted on voting. They wanted to vote because we as reporters didnt watch enough film. well this just goes to show that coaches didnt watch that much film either." There were 4 guests on that all said the same thing Ruud isnt even the best LB on the team he isnt even the best WILL LB on the team.

Congrats to Zac, Adam, and Dane they deserve this its just too bad that the whole thing has turned into a mockery. When Shanle makes any list it turns an award into a disgrace.

back on the soapbox.....

and, yes, i do think it's a little suspect but I will take all the Huskers on that list that I can get. Congrats to them ALL!

back on the soapbox.....

and, yes, i do think it's a little suspect but I will take all the Huskers on that list that I can get. Congrats to them ALL!

:yeah

alot of you guys have lost your f'ing minds. a kid gets an honor that can only benefit recruiting and the future and your upset. these so called all conference teams and awards such as the heisman have for a long time been jokes (tommie frazier). i have never heard of a fan base that criticizes players and coaches as much as some of you do. it makes me f'ing sick to my stomach. if i was a recruit and seen or heard this sh#t pouring out of a fanbases mouth i would rethink. the only disgrace i see here is landon. :asshat

if you would take your blinders off JOE and use the reading skills god gave you you might think differently. Look at my post again. none of that is what i said. it is a repeat of a radio show that i put on here to get reaction from our fans.

next time you wanna call someone out make sure you know what you are talking about

I was shocked that he received 1st team honors. Of the three starting LB's, I think he has been the most suspect this season. That's why I asked if that was an academic all big 12 list when it was first posted. Good for him, but not sure he is better than some of the guys he received the honor over.

I was shocked that he received 1st team honors. Of the three starting LB's, I think he has been the most suspect this season. That's why I asked if that was an academic all big 12 list when it was first posted. Good for him, but not sure he is better than some of the guys he received the honor over.

That's how I fell as well, but I'm not mad about it as always. It's always great to see Huskers on that list, even if they might not have earned it, but nonetheless, good job Ruud.

landon, i may have went on a rant and took to the extreme. i just took the shanle remark as your overview of the situation. i have read those type of things on other boards and radio and it pisses me off, and sometimes i am not a very nice guy. i may need help. and i am dyslexic and sometimes i cant process what i read and most of the time it is backwards so the shanle remark was the first thing i read. og gib der

I'm not so baffled by Ruud making the list, he did well at times and not so great at others, but how did Shanle make the list??? Sure he had 1 good game against KU where he had 2 or 3 picks, but he also missed tackles on nearly all of the long running plays. If you look at the film, Shanle was the last line of defense on the long runs. He could have stopped them for 10 yds, instead they went for 30, 40, 50.

I'm not so baffled by Ruud making the list, he did well at times and not so great at others, but how did Shanle make the list??? Sure he had 1 good game against KU where he had 2 or 3 picks, but he also missed tackles on nearly all of the long running plays. If you look at the film, Shanle was the last line of defense on the long runs. He could have stopped them for 10 yds, instead they went for 30, 40, 50.

Many times when it comes to "Honorable mention" coaches get hand to pick the players they want with out any discussion at all.

I agree with Joe to a point. How can we as fans of the Huskers doubt why it happened. We should all be happy that the Huskers are represented pretty well on the All-Conference lists. I could see if fans from other schools were on here b*tching about why Shanle and Ruud made it, but I just see Husker fans saying these things.

I am happy for the guys who made it!!! The rest should be as well.....