Can we please...

Since your assessment appears to be that NU will lose and thus play BSU in the Cotton Bowl, I am forced to conclude that you are one of those folks who really only are secretly happy when NU loses and you are setting up your little "I told you so dance" much like the OU papers are complaining that it's wrong for OU to have to play outside in the cold and so if they lose it will be the fault of the temperature. Hence, logic dictates that I and all true Husker SUPPORTERS can discount anything and everything you say, ignore your bad vibes, and bask in the glow that will surely come when the Huskers rise from the rebuilding ashes to take their place once again admidst the elite of college football. :box

I hope you are being sarcastic, because that's just dumb.

What's dumb about supporting your team win, lose or draw?

What's dumb about believing your team can win despite the odds, despite what all the know it all talking heads think?

What's dumb about wanting to see NU rise back to prominence with a victory over OU?

As far as sarcasm goes, I got my education at NU. So I don't know what sarcasm is. Can you put a sign where you think sarcasm should be?

I don't even come close to 'knowing all' about football. Fortunately I do know that there are other things outside the Blackshirts and Husker Red. Crazy...there's a whole nation of football teams. Oh my god...careful if you open your window....there are things other than football?!?!

Oh come on now, you aren't going to talk about how funny a visual it would be for you to get in your gramma's face and have her kick your a$$.

I am still chuckling over that.

You should go have a party with Washukser.

What's dumb about believing your team can win despite the odds, despite what all the know it all talking heads think?

What's dumb about wanting to see NU rise back to prominence with a victory over OU?

This whole thing isn't about supporting the team. It's about fans that are so blind to ACTUALLY hear/read what's going on. Almost every thing I've read and heard has less than a 4 point spread. They have all said we have a scary-good offense. They say that B-Jax, Taylor and Purify are underrated. But all the posts complain about is that we get no respect.

Holy Crap?!?!?! Thanks???

I'm sick and tired of some people on this board who attack anyone critical of the program, coaches or players. If you pick against the Huskers, they accuse you of wanting Big Red to lose, or that you are not a good fan.

It's stupid and pathetic.

Yes. It is.

As far as sarcasm goes, I got my education at NU. So I don't know what sarcasm is. Can you put a sign where you think sarcasm should be?

I have to question your NU education, because you completely missed the point.

It's dumb, pathetic, pompous, and irritating that you would question someone else's allegiance just because he has the audacity to admit that the Huskers aren't as good as other teams, and perhaps haven't earned the respect that some scarlet-colored sunglasses-wearing Huskerfans believe is Big Red's birthright.

I've picked OU to win tomorrow night. I believe they are just a very confident team with a suffocating defense that will give us problems. Guess that means I want the Huskers to lose, so I can come back and rub it in your face, right?

Get a clue, have some respect for a differing point of view, and please try to understand that just because our players wear a cream helmet with a scarlet "N" on the sides does not mean they've been blessed with superhuman ability. And if you can't understand it, then at the very least keep your mouth shut when you encounter those who do understand it.

I'm sick and tired of some people on this board who attack anyone critical of the program, coaches or players. If you pick against the Huskers, they accuse you of wanting Big Red to lose, or that you are not a good fan.

Yes. It is.

Slow down there Syz....you do realize that you just said that what you are doing is stupid and pathetic right? Again....pay attention to what is actually being said, not what you want to hear/read.

This whole thing isn't about supporting the team. It's about fans that are so blind to ACTUALLY hear/read what's going on. Almost every thing I've read and heard has less than a 4 point spread. They have all said we have a scary-good offense. They say that B-Jax, Taylor and Purify are underrated. But all the posts complain about is that we get no respect.

I don't complain about not getting any rambling word factories trying to sell copy or announcers trying to fill dead air. Who cares what the announcer says. I'm with the guys that just tune out the color commentary and watch the play as it unfolds. The only thing that counts is whether the opponent takes you seriously and what happens on the field. Everything else, including most of the stuff on this BBS are just background noise.

I have to question your NU education, because you completely missed the point.

It's dumb, pathetic, pompous, and irritating that you would question someone else's allegiance just because he has the audacity to admit that the Huskers aren't as good as other teams, and perhaps haven't earned the respect that some scarlet-colored sunglasses-wearing Huskerfans believe is Big Red's birthright.

I've picked OU to win tomorrow night. I believe they are just a very confident team with a suffocating defense that will give us problems. Guess that means I want the Huskers to lose, so I can come back and rub it in your face, right?

Get a clue, have some respect for a differing point of view, and please try to understand that just because our players wear a cream helmet with a scarlet "N" on the sides does not mean they've been blessed with superhuman ability. And if you can't understand it, then at the very least keep your mouth shut when you encounter those who do understand it.

Dammit. I hate it when somebody puts things into words better than me!!!!

:clap

Pompous and self-riteous (how do you spell that?) is a very good way to describe many fans.

Yes. It is.

Slow down there Syz....you do realize that you just said that what you are doing is stupid and pathetic right? Again....pay attention to what is actually being said, not what you want to hear/read.

That's one way to read it, yes.

:dunno

That's the ONLY way to read it.

Well the other way is to read it is that you, and now Wahshusker took the bait hook, line and sinker. :box

And I am STILL laughing about the visual of you getting in your grandmother's face. You scored serious points with that one.

Excellent cop-out. Well done.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, right?

:dunno

That's the ONLY way to read it.

Well the other way is to read it is that you, and now Wahshusker took the bait hook, line and sinker. :box

And I am STILL laughing about the visual of you getting in your grandmother's face. You scored serious points with that one.

Excellent cop-out. Well done.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, right?

You're just jealous cuz you didn't have as snappy a retort as he did. But, if you do make me laugh, you'll get points too. So far, though, not even a smirk.