Can we please...

:dunno

That's the ONLY way to read it.

Well the other way is to read it is that you, and now Wahshusker took the bait hook, line and sinker. :box

And I am STILL laughing about the visual of you getting in your grandmother's face. You scored serious points with that one.

That's a good way out of it....you were 'setting us up' for the debate. OK - whatever works best to get out of this. Actually I can prove my point that by posting anything remotely not 100% pro Husker that it gets everyone's feathers ruffled. (By the way Ekampa - good posts with a lot of valid points...you were able to muster up enough thought to post 3 emoticons).

Glad through all of this that you are able to take away something positive - a chuckle. Usually after I scream at her I take the cookies she made and throw them at her and dump my glass of milk on her head.

Washusker - are you my long lost twin? For your sake I hope not....I'm not very intelligent and have a receding hair line. God would not be cruel enough to put more than one of me on earth.

:dunno

That's the ONLY way to read it.

Well the other way is to read it is that you, and now Wahshusker took the bait hook, line and sinker. :box

And I am STILL laughing about the visual of you getting in your grandmother's face. You scored serious points with that one.

:clap

Excellent cop-out. Well done.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, right?

You're just jealous cuz you didn't have as snappy a retort as he did. But, if you do make me laugh, you'll get points too. So far, though, not even a smirk.

Points? From you? Gee, if I could only be so lucky...

(BTW - that is what we call sarcasm...)

Points? From you? Gee, if I could only be so lucky...

(BTW - that is what we call sarcasm...)

Not from me. I'd never be so presumptuous. The Husker Gods are the only ones who can award points.

And, if that is sarcasm, aren't you supposed to you the little smilie thingy that says it's sarcasm? :box

I don't complaign but I do remember being 17+ point dogs in 93,94 and 95 NC Games.

93 lost to FSU on a missed FG in a game that was contraversial.

1 year later were 17 point dogs again against Miami in a game the Huskers won

1 year after winning a NC and coming close the year before that, Huskers again were 17+ Dogs to Florida in a game they ran away with.

The Media gave the Huskers no chance and spoke a lot about how these Passing offenses would score at will and the Defenses would shut down the 1 dimensional Cornhuskers.

Some of it is true but it isn't as bad as what is posted on the boards.

I agree with cmb. A lot of people on here do get jealous about how the media treats us. It's like we just wait for Lou Holtz or Mark May or whoever else to say something about Nebraska and then we completely attack them and ESPN to absolutely no avail. All we do is post a bunch of messages bitching and moaning that gets you no where. Until Nebraska legitamately does something, like win the Big 12 championship, you shouldn't get all worked up when a couple of talking heads who don't follow the program nearly as much as you do decide to say that Nebraska will lose their next game.

I will call out ARMISTEAD for being an absolute fool on other team's boards. Yeah I like to check out other boards to see what the chatter is about Nebraska and this and that. But when I see Armistead in there just blasting the other team and saying that Nebraska will destroy them and blah blah blah, it just rubs me the wrong way to witness this kind of arrogance within in our fanbase.

I agree with cmb. A lot of people on here do get jealous about how the media treats us. It's like we just wait for Lou Holtz or Mark May or whoever else to say something about Nebraska and then we completely attack them and ESPN to absolutely no avail. All we do is post a bunch of messages bitching and moaning that gets you no where. Until Nebraska legitamately does something, like win the Big 12 championship, you shouldn't get all worked up when a couple of talking heads who don't follow the program nearly as much as you do decide to say that Nebraska will lose their next game.

I will call out ARMISTEAD for being an absolute fool on other team's boards. Yeah I like to check out other boards to see what the chatter is about Nebraska and this and that. But when I see Armistead in there just blasting the other team and saying that Nebraska will destroy them and blah blah blah, it just rubs me the wrong way to witness this kind of arrogance within in our fanbase.

Uh oh.....they're coming out of the woodwork. Evidently I'm not the only one who doesn't own Big Red Blinders.

Ooohhhh....that's good. I'm going to try and market those. They are going to be those big old-lady/blind-person sunglasses in all red with a white 'N' over each lens.

You have a right to your opinion CMB, but it does get under my skin when I go to look at Bowl predictions and I see Oklahoma Vs. Boise State. The prediction should read Boise State Vs. Oklahoma/Nebraska WINNER!

That is why we don't pencil them in folks!!!!!! :box

See: Iowa State Vs. Nebraska '92'

Oklahoma is far from a Shoe in for this one baby!!!!!

GGGGGGGGGGGBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! :bonez:bonez

What's dumb about supporting your team win, lose or draw?

What's dumb about believing your team can win despite the odds, despite what all the know it all talking heads think?

What's dumb about wanting to see NU rise back to prominence with a victory over OU?

As far as sarcasm goes, I got my education at NU. So I don't know what sarcasm is. Can you put a sign where you think sarcasm should be?

I have to question your NU education, because you completely missed the point.

It's dumb, pathetic, pompous, and irritating that you would question someone else's allegiance just because he has the audacity to admit that the Huskers aren't as good as other teams, and perhaps haven't earned the respect that some scarlet-colored sunglasses-wearing Huskerfans believe is Big Red's birthright.

You have a real good point, but man I'd hate to say...... that sounds like Lady Blaise chatter! :nutz

I've picked OU to win tomorrow night. I believe they are just a very confident team with a suffocating defense that will give us problems. Guess that means I want the Huskers to lose, so I can come back and rub it in your face, right?

Get a clue, have some respect for a differing point of view, and please try to understand that just because our players wear a cream helmet with a scarlet "N" on the sides does not mean they've been blessed with superhuman ability. And if you can't understand it, then at the very least keep your mouth shut when you encounter those who do understand it.

You have a right to your opinion CMB, but it does get under my skin when I go to look at Bowl predictions and I see Oklahoma Vs. Boise State. The prediction should read Boise State Vs. Oklahoma/Nebraska WINNER!

That is why we don't pencil them in folks!!!!!! :box

See: Iowa State Vs. Nebraska '92'

Oklahoma is far from a Shoe in for this one baby!!!!!

GGGGGGGGGGGBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! :bonez:bonez

But that's why they are bowl PREDICTIONS or FORECASTS.....thats what they are. Many predict/think OU will win. I think OU will win. There are other game predictions on this site that think OU will win. That doesn't make them a media darling or ESPN's reacharound, as many take it.

What's dumb about supporting your team win, lose or draw?

What's dumb about believing your team can win despite the odds, despite what all the know it all talking heads think?

What's dumb about wanting to see NU rise back to prominence with a victory over OU?

As far as sarcasm goes, I got my education at NU. So I don't know what sarcasm is. Can you put a sign where you think sarcasm should be?

I have to question your NU education, because you completely missed the point.

It's dumb, pathetic, pompous, and irritating that you would question someone else's allegiance just because he has the audacity to admit that the Huskers aren't as good as other teams, and perhaps haven't earned the respect that some scarlet-colored sunglasses-wearing Huskerfans believe is Big Red's birthright.

I've picked OU to win tomorrow night. I believe they are just a very confident team with a suffocating defense that will give us problems. Guess that means I want the Huskers to lose, so I can come back and rub it in your face, right?

Get a clue, have some respect for a differing point of view, and please try to understand that just because our players wear a cream helmet with a scarlet "N" on the sides does not mean they've been blessed with superhuman ability. And if you can't understand it, then at the very least keep your mouth shut when you encounter those who do understand it.

You picked OU! That means a Husker victory! I think it has worked 4 times thus far this season. I think this will be a tough game against two very evenly matched teams. As far as not getting enough pub, well, the team hasn't done a lot to earn pub. The comeback win against A&M got quite a bit of mileage on ABC/ESPN after UT got beat by A&M. I think if NU wins this game, we start to hear the Huskers getting mentioned a lot more.

As far as not getting enough pub, well, the team hasn't done a lot to earn pub. The comeback win against A&M got quite a bit of mileage on ABC/ESPN after UT got beat by A&M. I think if NU wins this game, we start to hear the Huskers getting mentioned a lot more.

That brings up a good point. What have we done 'spectacular'? Nothing....we win games against very average teams we are supposed to beat and lose to teams that we are supposed to (OK - not OSU). At least the 'Talking Heads' many of you complain about aren't talking about NU like they are about Miami (crime, thugs, fights) and FSU (how bad their season is/has gone). I'd just assume sit back and let them talk about everyone else and we just go about business.

Wow I read this entire long drawn out thread of posts, rants and retorts. It was really insightful. :sarcasm Do you wanna know what I learned? Not everyone has the same opinion, but this is a Nebraska message board....where else are we supposed to comment about the media, other teams and such?