Can we please...

Sorry, gotta get this out. Reading through some threads and posts this week got me going again. EVERY SINGLE GAME there are 'fans' that bitch and moan that the other team we play, or other conferences are the media darling and NU always gets the shaft.

Give me a break. You sound like a bunch of 2nd graders pouting because a classmate got chosen to be the line leader to recess or a little brother whining because his older brother gets to stay up later.

People are complaining about the media in KC playing up to OU. People were complaining about USC and Texas as the media darlings. Maybe it's the fact that statistically and coaching-wise these (and other teams) should beat us?!?!? I know...crazy concept.

I am convinced that there are numerous fans that think we get no respect unless the headline of an article reads "Nebraska Cornhuskers and their fans are the 100% best thing in college football". If they mention another team 'they aren't giving us a fair shake'.

I'm sure there will be threads after this game complaining about Boise State or whoever the opponent is in the Cotton Bowl getting any publicity.

I knew the minute OU beat Okie Lite they would be the media darlings for the week so none of the pre-game predictions surprise me a bit.

Thank you for proving my point.

They aren't media darlings. ABC, ESPN and others don't say "Hmmm...well we just don't like NU so we are going to pick or talk about another team." They're a better story. They should win (based off what they've done through their adversity this season and the hot-streak they've been running. Not to mention being a regular Championship game participant....and often winner.) Get over it....there are other programs that exist in this nation. Media and fans are going to talk about them.

Sorry, gotta get this out. Reading through some threads and posts this week got me going again. EVERY SINGLE GAME there are 'fans' that bitch and moan that the other team we play, or other conferences are the media darling and NU always gets the shaft.

Give me a break. You sound like a bunch of 2nd graders pouting because a classmate got chosen to be the line leader to recess or a little brother whining because his older brother gets to stay up later.

People are complaining about the media in KC playing up to OU. People were complaining about USC and Texas as the media darlings. Maybe it's the fact that statistically and coaching-wise these (and other teams) should beat us?!?!? I know...crazy concept.

I am convinced that there are numerous fans that think we get no respect unless the headline of an article reads "Nebraska Cornhuskers and their fans are the 100% best thing in college football". If they mention another team 'they aren't giving us a fair shake'.

I'm sure there will be threads after this game complaining about Boise State or whoever the opponent is in the Cotton Bowl getting any publicity.

Since your assessment appears to be that NU will lose and thus play BSU in the Cotton Bowl, I am forced to conclude that you are one of those folks who really only are secretly happy when NU loses and you are setting up your little "I told you so dance" much like the OU papers are complaining that it's wrong for OU to have to play outside in the cold and so if they lose it will be the fault of the temperature. Hence, logic dictates that I and all true Husker SUPPORTERS can discount anything and everything you say, ignore your bad vibes, and bask in the glow that will surely come when the Huskers rise from the rebuilding ashes to take their place once again admidst the elite of college football. :box

Since your assessment appears to be that NU will lose and thus play BSU in the Cotton Bowl, I am forced to conclude that you are one of those folks who really only are secretly happy when NU loses and you are setting up your little "I told you so dance" much like the OU papers are complaining that it's wrong for OU to have to play outside in the cold and so if they lose it will be the fault of the temperature. Hence, logic dictates that I and all true Husker SUPPORTERS can discount anything and everything you say, ignore your bad vibes, and bask in the glow that will surely come when the Huskers rise from the rebuilding ashes to take their place once again admidst the elite of college football. :box

:yeah:restore

Just wondering, do you have positive posts? There's this reeeeeally old saying and it goes, 'If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.' You should ponder that.

Wow...yep, you nailed it dead on. I love it when we lose. I love seeing the school that I attended for 4 years and spent $30,000 on struggles. I just have matted/framed/autographed national championship posters and memorobilia in my home so I can mock them. And it's not so much of a 'dance' that I do as it is a 'performance'. I enjoy watching the games with my grandmother that is a loyal fan and when we get scored on I jump up and yell "In your face old lady!!!".

Oh and in case it doesn't translate well or you need instructions ---- :sarcasm

Also, if you re-read I said that you (sorry people like you) will complain about Boise State (who we would play if we win) OR whoever the opponent will be (if we lose) in the Cotton Bowl. But if you want to go there...fine. Yes, I think we are going to lose a good game. There's nothing wrong with that.

See...I am able to do this thing called looking at the big picture. (And please remember that you said that I would be doing the 'I told you so dance' - because I'm sure that if we win, you and others will have no problem confronting someone like me who thinks we might not walk through every opponent.)

You really dont get it do you. Yes, OU has a better story. But NU deserves to be more than a footnote in the story about the championship game. If you read most of the material around the game it covers the Sooners season in depth and gives a paragraph or so about the Huskers.

What we want is balanced coverage. We want to have stories written that cover both teams. We want to hear that it is going to be a close tough battle for either team to pull out the win.

We want repoters to stop assuming OU is going to the feista bowl. We want them to stop talking about the OU vs boise matchup.

We just want equal coverage.

:asshat

Just wondering, do you have positive posts? There's this reeeeeally old saying and it goes, 'If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.' You should ponder that.

Yeah...I have nothing positive to say ever.

Great matchup

Championship Pre-Game Poem

GOOOOOOOO........

Colorado Pre-Game

Ranking the QB's

Successful season

If you want to keep digging feel free.....

I hope you are being sarcastic, because that's just dumb.

I hope you are being sarcastic, because that's just dumb.

Holy Crap?!?!?! Thanks???

Another example of my point. The thread about Lou Holtz during halftime of the MAC game last night. Everyone is saying that the commentators are stupid and all they did was 'slob OU's knob'. Do you people only pick and choose what you want to hear? They started the preview talking about NU's rise and showed stats of how our offense has become a scary threat. They said that Taylor was one of the most underrated QB's. They said we should make it a close game and could very easily pull off the upset. They give us credit.....all the time.

Wow...yep, you nailed it dead on. I love it when we lose. I love seeing the school that I attended for 4 years and spent $30,000 on struggles. Well, I got you there. I went for four more years and got two degrees. But, tuition was cheap back then ;) Seriously, when did you attend?

I just have matted/framed/autographed national championship posters and memorobilia in my home so I can mock them. I have a simple red shirt with an N on it. That's all I need. The rest of my unflinching overly optimistic red koolaid drinking loyalty is in my heart

And it's not so much of a 'dance' that I do as it is a 'performance'. somehow, I believe this.

I enjoy watching the games with my grandmother that is a loyal fan and when we get scored on I jump up and yell "In your face old lady!!!". Okay you win. I actually busted out laughing on this one. But then I thought, it would be funnier if your grandmother b*tch slapped you up side the head while kneeing you in the groin

See...I am able to do this thing called looking at the big picture. (And please remember that you said that I would be doing the 'I told you so dance' - because I'm sure that if we win, you and others will have no problem confronting someone like me who thinks we might not walk through every opponent.) Nope, I never gloat because I feel sorry for all you "big picture" realists who know all about football and sit back and Monday morning quarter back every coaching or player move. Me, I am a romantic you see, who knows in my heart that NU will rise to the occasion. I BELIEVE.

Wow...yep, you nailed it dead on. I love it when we lose. I love seeing the school that I attended for 4 years and spent $30,000 on struggles. Well, I got you there. I went for four more years and got two degrees. But, tuition was cheap back then ;) Seriously, when did you attend?

I just have matted/framed/autographed national championship posters and memorobilia in my home so I can mock them. I have a simple red shirt with an N on it. That's all I need. The rest of my unflinching overly optimistic red koolaid drinking loyalty is in my heart

And it's not so much of a 'dance' that I do as it is a 'performance'. somehow, I believe this.

I enjoy watching the games with my grandmother that is a loyal fan and when we get scored on I jump up and yell "In your face old lady!!!". Okay you win. I actually busted out laughing on this one. But then I thought, it would be funnier if your grandmother b*tch slapped you up side the head while kneeing you in the groin

See...I am able to do this thing called looking at the big picture. (And please remember that you said that I would be doing the 'I told you so dance' - because I'm sure that if we win, you and others will have no problem confronting someone like me who thinks we might not walk through every opponent.) Nope, I never gloat because I feel sorry for all you "big picture" realists who know all about football and sit back and Monday morning quarter back every coaching or player move. Me, I am a romantic you see, who knows in my heart that NU will rise to the occasion. I BELIEVE.

I don't even come close to 'knowing all' about football. Fortunately I do know that there are other things outside the Blackshirts and Husker Red. Crazy...there's a whole nation of football teams. Oh my god...careful if you open your window....there are things other than football?!?!