Auburn -3

I noticed a while ago that your stats are better, but you have to keep in mind that

Auburn has played 2 top 5 teams, and 3 top 15 teams.

Nebraska has played 3 top 10 team, and 4 ranked teams.

Against ranked opponents, Auburn is 2-3, Nebraska is 1-4.

Nebraska also had a I-AA team to boost those stats a bit... I only bring this up because Auburn was chastised so heavily for having the Citadel on their schedule in 2004 so it obviously means something. It is also of note that Nicholls state is not ranked in div. I-AA with a 4-7 record (two of the losses were to Div. I-A teams Nebraska and La. Tech.)

As for the whole "blowout" thing, I'm going to take the liberty of defining "blowout" as a win by 21 points or more. Tell me if you do not agree with that. The following rankings are also being taken from the Collegefootballnews.com top 119 rankings so that I can put perspective to these blowout wins.

In this season, Nebraska has blown out the following teams:

Rank Team Score Record

104. La. Tech (49-10) 3-10

n/a Nicholls St. (56-7) 4-7

106. Troy (56-0) 7-5

76. Colorado (37-14) 2-10

9. Auburn n/a 10-2

Now, Auburn's blowouts, just for fun...

Rank Team Score Record

57. Wash. St. 40-14 6-6

61. Miss. St. 34-0 3-8

116. Buffalo 38-7 2-10

91. Tulane 38-13 4-8

112. Ark St. 27-0 6-6

As you can see, Nebraska has not blown out any team ranked higher than 76, and Auburn, 57. This is why I don't think this game will be a blowout. But you're free to have you're opinion. I just don't quite understand your reasoning.

Well, It used to be a "blowout" was a win by at least 56 points.

Lately, we've had to adjust that to anything over a TD+ a FG (10 pts).

All stats aside, I hope we'll both have a great game..Wish I could be there.

I don't think the tigers will get shut out. But they do have a poor offense and they will need to score at least 3 or 4 TD's to beat Nebraska. And I don't think they have it in them to do it.

I wouldn't say that they don't have it in them to do it. That's just beggin for a surprise come Jan. 1st. They are ranked 10th in the nation for a reason and I'm not going to be too over confident for this game.

I don't think the tigers will get shut out. But they do have a poor offense and they will need to score at least 3 or 4 TD's to beat Nebraska. And I don't think they have it in them to do it.

I wouldn't say that they don't have it in them to do it. That's just beggin for a surprise come Jan. 1st. They are ranked 10th in the nation for a reason and I'm not going to be too over confident for this game.

I agree! No need to get cocky. Remember fellow Husker fans they play in the SEC! The toughest conference in college football. With only 2 losses is damn right impressive!

Just like no way we lose to OSU??? :bang

Please, how much are you expecting Nebraska to lose by??? Am I the only one on this board who is expecting us to win??

OSU beat us because they have an offense. They have a top offense that's ranked somewhere in the top 10 or 15 in the country. Auburn's offense is medocre at best. Their QB throws almost as many interceptions as he does TD's and they have no go to receivers.

it is not that we are expecting NU to lose this game. i just dont like the statement there is no way we will lose. just like the statement that people were making about OSU. they were saying that there is no way we were going to loose that game.

i really have a good feeling about NU winning this game but it cant be gaurenteed.

it is not that we are expecting NU to lose this game. i just dont like the statement there is no way we will lose. just like the statement that people were making about OSU. they were saying that there is no way we were going to loose that game.

i really have a good feeling about NU winning this game but it cant be gaurenteed.

I don't mind saying it. We are not going to lose to Auburn.

Ugh, one other thing for you to consider... Auburn played 12 straight games this season with no Bye. LSU was the 3rd game, Arkansas was 6th, and Florida was 7th. We've been hampered by injury the whole season between Brandon Cox's knee and Kenny Irons' toe, knee, and shoulder (maybe the ankle also?) we lost a lot of offensive production. I would look to the Washington state game if you want to see what Auburn is going to be like fully healthy. And yes, Auburn's offense has been weak this season, but in our biggest games, our defense has more than made up for that. The defense held LSU to 3 points and Florida to 17. In the Florida game, we scored 27 points and not one of them was an offensive touchdown. We had 4 field goals from our incredible PK, one touchdown, a well placed punt put us in position to score on a safety, a blocked punt on special teams for a touchdown, and a fumble return for a touchdown put Auburn in the lead. In fact, if you count the safety as a special teams score, our special teams alone scored 21 points. And that might be nothing against any other team, but that was against Florida. Don't count Auburn out for their lack of offense, keep them in for their incredible defense and special teams.

Ugh, one other thing for you to consider... Auburn played 12 straight games this season with no Bye. LSU was the 3rd game, Arkansas was 6th, and Florida was 7th. We've been hampered by injury the whole season between Brandon Cox's knee and Kenny Irons' toe, knee, and shoulder (maybe the ankle also?) we lost a lot of offensive production. I would look to the Washington state game if you want to see what Auburn is going to be like fully healthy. And yes, Auburn's offense has been weak this season, but in our biggest games, our defense has more than made up for that. The defense held LSU to 3 points and Florida to 17. In the Florida game, we scored 27 points and not one of them was an offensive touchdown. We had 4 field goals from our incredible PK, one touchdown, a well placed punt put us in position to score on a safety, a blocked punt on special teams for a touchdown, and a fumble return for a touchdown put Auburn in the lead. In fact, if you count the safety as a special teams score, our special teams alone scored 21 points. And that might be nothing against any other team, but that was against Florida. Don't count Auburn out for their lack of offense, keep them in for their incredible defense and special teams.

Injuries have hurt both teams it seems. We lost a huge part of our defense to injuries plus 3 out of 4 of our top running backs are nursing injuries (broke hand, back injury, foot) plus Hickman from our offensive line just got a MCL injury Saturday. We should hear more about him today. But that's OK, we are deep enough now to work our way through them. I figure a 2 to 4 TD win for Nebraska. But the way the polls have been going we will probably still be one or two positions under the tigers in the final polls (A&M for example).

This is how we get beat..

When their Defense and special teams can outscore most Offenses.

Sounds like OUR Defense last season.

This is how we get beat..

When their Defense and special teams can outscore most Offenses.

Sounds like OUR Defense last season.

After Callahan's pep talk the other day I'd expect our defense to come out with a little fire in their bellies. I've got a feeling also with all the younger guys getting press over the last few practices we're going to see a few of them in the game next month. Especially in our secondary. I'm beginning to think we are going to see one of the best defensive performances we've seen from the blackshirts this season.