Auburn fans threw bottles at our players....

Glad to have you Tigers onboard. The level of class is much higher than Boise State, so it'll be good to have some enlightening conversations leading up to the big day.

A sad fact is that with any team you'll always have :asshat fans, but for the most part they are the minority and do not represent the masses.

You guys have to remember who our coach was in the 80's....good 'ol Pat Dye....he was probably trying to entice Husker fans to throw down a whiskey bottle...lol

We pride ourselves on our class and tradition, and any true Auburn fan wouldn't jeopardize these principles over a football game....although we all know the one bad apple slogan.

P.S. Any way you guys can have a "White-out the stadium" theme for the Cotton Bowl.....that Sea of Red seems to be pretty damn intimidating.....

Dedhed,

That was a long time ago. There are always a few bad apples in any fan base....except sCUm, most are bad. I pass no judgement on current Auburn fans and most seem to be good fans from the post I have read. On a side note, and not to stir the pot....you seem to find the negative side of things more than the postive reading your posts.

Dedhed,

That was a long time ago. There are always a few bad apples in any fan base....except sCUm, most are bad. I pass no judgement on current Auburn fans and most seem to be good fans from the post I have read. On a side note, and not to stir the pot....you seem to find the negative side of things more than the postive reading your posts.

Didn't want to come onto your message board bragging about how good our team was, or how bad we are going to beat you.....guess I'm trying to establish credibility as an objective fan so when it gets closer to gametime you don't think I'm a jerk for some friendly trash talk....don't get me wrong, I love our chances to win the football game, but I attended the LSU game this year when we beat, IMO, the best team in the SEC, and I was also at the game when we were annihilated by Arkansas.....so I'm really hesitant as to which team shows up....If the team that beat LSU shows up, I like our chances.....

WAR EAGLE!

As a Husker fan living in SEC country, I can attest to the fact that Auburn's fan base is similar to Nebraska's. Very passionate, very knowledgable, and very classy. You can have problems with other teams in the SEC (LSU particularly comes to mind), but Auburn fans are first rate as a whole.

I'm excited about this one. Two great programs, very similar in a lot of ways.

As a Husker fan living in SEC country, I can attest to the fact that Auburn's fan base is similar to Nebraska's. Very passionate, very knowledgable, and very classy. You can have problems with other teams in the SEC (LSU particularly comes to mind), but Auburn fans are first rate as a whole.

I'm excited about this one. Two great programs, very similar in a lot of ways.

Thanks for the info AR they do sound like a classy bunch......... :thumbs

I'm not trying to start crap , and yes , the Auburn fans have been nice , but I do remember my grandfather mentioning the fans back then. Then again , he was a very religious man from Wahoo , so it didnt take much to offend him. If he were still alive , the sight of me would probably offend him.

We had a pretty negative image back in the days of Alabama "greatness." The bama fans would spread it around that we were a bunch of no class rednecks that had nothing to do but milk cows all day. In fact, the Bear, amongst many others, commonly referred to Auburn (and many do today) as the school down the road or the cow college. So some people got it in their heads that auburn fans really didn't have any class. And then again, many Auburn fans probably didn't seeing as it didnt make a difference in the national view of Auburn. However, nowadays, you'd find 10 classless redneck Alabama fans that jumped on board during the glory days for every one low class Auburn fan you find.

Of course there are still many Bama fans that show the utmost class and dignity. I think they all just hang out with Nessie and Sasquatch... :D

The 82 Auburn game was the first away game that I attended after my family moved from Lincoln to Birmingham in 1980. There was no doubt some ugly behavior by some - I saw it myself - but by and large the fans were well behaved and gracious. During our walk back to the car following the game we encountered many fans and a little good natured "AUttitude," but the fans really made a good impression on me. It's the main reason I've never chosen sides in the Auburn vs. Alabama rivalry down here, much to the chagrin of my many 'Bama & Auburn friends.

I was at that game seated in the AU student section right over the Nebraska players entrance to the stadium. When the opposing team enters the stadium pretty much everyone is looking at them. If this occured, I don't think it could have been more than an isolated single incidence (granted, still one too much!) without me seeing it.

I really hate that your Grandfather experienced this in Auburn. You will find the vast majority of the fans very good natured and hospitable. We sort of pride ourselves in being that way.

I guess it has been said already but every fan base will have a few of these bad apples.

Here is hoping for a great Cotton bowl!

War Eagle!

JN