What does the Big Red need to do to beat Auburn?

I tell it like it is my Auburn friends! :lol:

Alright, we have a John Madden talk-alike contest going here.

Interesting side note: John Madden's son, John Madden Jr. Pitched for the Auburn Tiger baseball team and graduated in (i think) 2005.

When Nebraska has the ball, if Zac Taylor can complete passes to open recievers more times than not, we will have a good chance at moving the ball down the field and put points on the board. When a Quarterback drops back to throw he needs time to throw, thats what the lineman are for.......and when those lineman give him time, Zac Taylor's chances go way up! Now interceptions occur when the quarterback does not have time to throw and when he doesnt see a defender break in front of the ball when he throws it, thats an interception. Also when balls get tipped up in the air interceptions happen a lot of the time. If his throws dont get tipped he'll be able to complete more passes and he should have a great game.

Ok seriously......I'm done now........no more Madden analysis........I swear.

When Nebraska has the ball, if Zac Taylor can complete passes to open recievers more times than not, we will have a good chance at moving the ball down the field and put points on the board. When a Quarterback drops back to throw he needs time to throw, thats what the lineman are for.......and when those lineman give him time, Zac Taylor's chances go way up! Now interceptions occur when the quarterback does not have time to throw and when he doesnt see a defender break in front of the ball when he throws it, thats an interception. Also when balls get tipped up in the air interceptions happen a lot of the time. If his throws dont get tipped he'll be able to complete more passes and he should have a great game.

Ok seriously......I'm done now........no more Madden analysis........I swear.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Auburn cant score points to save their life...Look at the LSU - Auburn game. They rely on their defense to win games...so to beat them I think the best plan would be to minimize turnovers that lead to points or a short field for the Tigers...If the huskers play a mistake free or nearly mistake free game I think they win this.

My prediction:

Nebraska 17

Auburn 13

Hookem you are right. Points have been hard to come by for us this season. Keep in mind though the SEC prides itself on defense. Thats why I think it's great to play out of conference teams in bowl games. I don't see us scoring more than 17-24 pts in this one unless Nebraska flat lays an egg. I think it will be close as well.

As far as John Madden. He actually got laid? :rollin

WARRRRRR EAGLE!!!!!!

To be honest with you, although points are hard to come by, its not because we have a poor offense. If you look at our first two games, admittedly against weaker teams than NU, we put up 40 on Wash. State and 34 on Miss. State. Then came LSU and we paid dearly for opposing them. Although we came out with the win, the team was never the same again. We haven't been healthy since that day with Brandon Cox going down with a hard hit to his knee and Kenny Irons developing a case of seemingly chronic turf toe not to mention all the OL going up against maybe the toughest D-line in the nation. As if that wasnt bad enough, we played a rebuilding game against Buffalo, then went on the road on Thurs. to play S. Carolina in a close one, then back home to get slapped around by Arkansas only to have another big game against Florida the next week. Without a single bye week the whole season we were extremely lucky to get out of it at 10-2. But now, we've had a nice long time to recover and this is the best shape you'll have seen our tigers in since the season opener.

As for points, our lowest amount scored was 7 against LSU. Then 10 in a loss to Arkansas, and 15 in a loss to UGA, other than those three, we've scored over 22 points in every game. An interesting point to be made here is that the only teams that have held us below 20 points were playing smashmouth football against us. If Nebraska can beat us physically, its all over, but if you start this finesse playing like you have all season (Minus the Big XII champ.), look out, cause we'll take advantage of that.

I think the game will be decided between the NU O-line vs Auburn D-line. This season has repeated shown that NU gets into all kinds of trouble when we strike quickly on offense and then let down. NU has to turn the tables on Auburn by winning the time of possession battle.

As a side comment - the NU O-line was really bad in 2005, resulting in horrible rushing stats and numerous QB sacks / rushes / etc. It wasn't till the last 2 games of 2005 that the O-line started to develop. The O-line hasn't made the next jump to a top notch unit.... just competitive. My hope is that we see the O-line take the next step and play at a championship level. Just like the fantastic O-lines of NU's glory days!