Once again

Another loss and again the trolls come out calling for Callahan to be fired. Just like every loss for the last htree years. Just like the losses through Solich's years. Just like the bowl losses through most of Tom Osborne's career.

I am sure the trolls will again call me blind, stupid, ignorant or some such because I am not calling for his head, but to calm down and be patient. I will be told I am making excuses. People will draw comparisions between Stoops, Carrol, Meyer and Weis, and say that is how we should be. But it isnt that simple, I really wish it was.

Yeah, losses suck, I hate to lose, with a vengence. But I can also look past the emotion once the game is over and I have cooled down. Do those calling for Callahan's head watch any other games? I can only think not. If they did they would see some of the issues on why we have problems. And why we are acouple recruiting classes away from being 'back'.

The secondary is a well known issue. And talent, speed and athleticism can not be coached, and is what we are missing there. Hopefully this can get addresses in this recruiting class.

Watching the USC game and seeiung what Booty and Jarret did, how often do you see Taylor drop a pass over a recievers shoulder in stride down the field? Cant say as I ever have. Dont get me wrong, I like Taylor, but he is physicly average and some things he is just not able to do. We are going against teams with true blue chip talent at QB, and it is something we did not have this year, but should be taken care of with Keller, Lee and Witt comming in.

The O-line is very young, and still error prone. At times they look stellar, like the first half of today's Cotton Bowl. Other times they look like freshman and sophmores that they are. Hopefully experiance and more practice will get them where we need them.

We are ending year 3 of the most massive change to ever come to this program. We are making progress. No, it isnt leaps and bounds, but it is still moving forward. The last two seasons, teams like texas, OU, AU and A&M would have blown us out. Yeah, our record isnt much better, but sometimes the numbers dont tell the whole story. AT times you could see the offense clicking and working great, and has at times in all but USC and OU games.

Questions keep getting made about playcalling. Yeah, sometimes it looks suspect, but find me a team, anywhere that doesnt have that now and then. And there is the thing where us being the peanut gallery cant tell if it was a problem in play calling or an execution problem.

We dont want to become Alabama North. Callahan deserves at least 5 or 6 years to see what he can really do with a team of all his own players. We may not be happy with how the season ended up, but it is what most experts in the media thought would happen. We may not like that, but those guys do get paid for a reason. They do understand how to look at players better than we do. They are also all in the veiw that we are on the right path, but just need more time.

We all need to calm down. Thank the seniors for thier hard work over some difficult seasons. And start looking at the recruiting classes and thinking about next year. Next year should be better than this one. Have faith and Go Big Red

Another loss and again the trolls come out calling for Callahan to be fired. Just like every loss for the last htree years. Just like the losses through Solich's years. Just like the bowl losses through most of Tom Osborne's career.

I am sure the trolls will again call me blind, stupid, ignorant or some such because I am not calling for his head, but to calm down and be patient. I will be told I am making excuses. People will draw comparisions between Stoops, Carrol, Meyer and Weis, and say that is how we should be. But it isnt that simple, I really wish it was.

Yeah, losses suck, I hate to lose, with a vengence. But I can also look past the emotion once the game is over and I have cooled down. Do those calling for Callahan's head watch any other games? I can only think not. If they did they would see some of the issues on why we have problems. And why we are acouple recruiting classes away from being 'back'.

The secondary is a well known issue. And talent, speed and athleticism can not be coached, and is what we are missing there. Hopefully this can get addresses in this recruiting class.

Watching the USC game and seeiung what Booty and Jarret did, how often do you see Taylor drop a pass over a recievers shoulder in stride down the field? Cant say as I ever have. Dont get me wrong, I like Taylor, but he is physicly average and some things he is just not able to do. We are going against teams with true blue chip talent at QB, and it is something we did not have this year, but should be taken care of with Keller, Lee and Witt comming in.

The O-line is very young, and still error prone. At times they look stellar, like the first half of today's Cotton Bowl. Other times they look like freshman and sophmores that they are. Hopefully experiance and more practice will get them where we need them.

We are ending year 3 of the most massive change to ever come to this program. We are making progress. No, it isnt leaps and bounds, but it is still moving forward. The last two seasons, teams like texas, OU, AU and A&M would have blown us out. Yeah, our record isnt much better, but sometimes the numbers dont tell the whole story. AT times you could see the offense clicking and working great, and has at times in all but USC and OU games.

Questions keep getting made about playcalling. Yeah, sometimes it looks suspect, but find me a team, anywhere that doesnt have that now and then. And there is the thing where us being the peanut gallery cant tell if it was a problem in play calling or an execution problem.

We dont want to become Alabama North. Callahan deserves at least 5 or 6 years to see what he can really do with a team of all his own players. We may not be happy with how the season ended up, but it is what most experts in the media thought would happen. We may not like that, but those guys do get paid for a reason. They do understand how to look at players better than we do. They are also all in the veiw that we are on the right path, but just need more time.

We all need to calm down. Thank the seniors for thier hard work over some difficult seasons. And start looking at the recruiting classes and thinking about next year. Next year should be better than this one. Have faith and Go Big Red

Much of what your saying is making a ton of sense. I thought the play calling was very good. 3 and 19 ...we run a shovel pass and get a first down. Excellent call.

Much of what your saying is making a ton of sense. I thought the play calling was very good. 3 and 19 ...we run a shovel pass and get a first down. Excellent call.

Yep, every single call was a great call. This game had all the excitement and imagination of a Solich coached game, well with out the qb left, qb right, qb middle call.

I agree great post Strigori :thumbs