2007 Huskers...earlybird

Keller will be an upgrade...better size and arm strength

O-line....what can you say....Murtha, Slauson, and Co........I like this group..they are goin to be great

Recievers.....Purify leads a group that will be deep and loaded with speed and good size

RB's......with Jackson/Lucky we are stacked...good recruits comin in as well

D-line.....Barfield, Suh, Townsend Steinkuhler and Turner easily gives us the best in Big12 North...nasty

LB's......with Asante,Octavien, McKeon....look out...speed speed....Asante can play Small LB Safety deep group

Secondary......Asante, Murillo Bowman Grixby...and on and on.....speed and depth......

I look at this team and I see the major upgrades everywhere from 3 years ago...this looks like the kind of talent we had with Osborne....the D-line will be fine and the Juco players coming in look to be instant help

Huskers will have no trouble getting back to the Big12 title game with this group.......

if we can get off early with wins over Nevada and Wake we can go into the SC game looking for that BIG WIN

I can't wait

I'm excited to see some new faces. It will be interesting to see if Callahan can get it through his head that Purify is big bodied at 6-4 210 and hopefully he will allow him and Keller(the likely new starter) to have a good connection...instead of a 1-3 balls to him a game. I'm interested in seeing what some young wr's we have can bring to the table. Remember those 2 big wr's we got in last years class? The names are Henry and Holt...along with Purify, we could see a lot of jump ball or deep route TD's next season. It would also be nice to have someone be the established starter at TE and get a ball thrown his way when we need a good conversion.

Agree with most of what you said except for the front four. I think that will be the major question mark going into the season. Barry Turner and Zach Potter are no Moore and Carriker and you never know about JUCO's... Brandon Johnson was a bit recruit, hardly saw the field this year. I think Suh will be our best lineman and that will be big to have a dominate force in the middle. The emergence of Potter and Turner will be soemthing that will be something to watch in the spring.

Yes!!! someone else understands! USC should be #1 when they come in and we can beat them, but no to everyone on this friggin site sees a loss as the end of the world and fire everyone then cut all the guys from schlorships AAHHHHH some of husker nation needs to learn how to be good fans

I think we didnt' see many balls down field this year because Taylor didn't throw that ball that well. I think next year will see it much more because Keller has one of the strongest arms in the nation. Supposidly Mike McNeill will be the real deal, he just needed to bulk up this year, hopefully he will be a threat next season.

Yes!!! someone else understands! USC should be #1 when they come in and we can beat them, but no to everyone on this friggin site sees a loss as the end of the world and fire everyone then cut all the guys from schlorships AAHHHHH some of husker nation needs to learn how to be good fans

I think we didnt' see many balls down field this year because Taylor didn't throw that ball that well. I think next year will see it much more because Keller has one of the strongest arms in the nation. Supposidly Mike McNeill will be the real deal, he just needed to bulk up this year, hopefully he will be a threat next season.

I've heard the same about McNeill...hope he turns out to be another good TE here for us.

Agree with most of what you said except for the front four. I think that will be the major question mark going into the season. Barry Turner and Zach Potter are no Moore and Carriker and you never know about JUCO's... Brandon Johnson was a bit recruit, hardly saw the field this year. I think Suh will be our best lineman and that will be big to have a dominate force in the middle. The emergence of Potter and Turner will be soemthing that will be something to watch in the spring.

I like the size and speed of turner and potter as well as Townsend....I can't believe that we can't peice together a very good group

Moore and Carriker are fine players...but they are not all america talent

I've heard the same about McNeill...hope he turns out to be another good TE here for us.

If he can bring a dimension like Herian did before his injury, it will be huge for next year.

***SNIP***

It will be interesting to see if Callahan can get it through his head that Purify is big bodied at 6-4 210 and hopefully he will allow him and Keller(the likely new starter) to have a good connection...instead of a 1-3 balls to him a game.

***SNIP***

I'm not so sure that's an issue due to Callahan. On how many plays has Purify been the primary receiver? Of those, on how many was he double-covered? How many in which Taylor, for whatever reason, decided to go to another receiver?

All a coach can do is draw up the plays and designate the order of the receivers - under game conditions it's up to the quarterback to make the read as to which receiver to pass the ball...

This is the crap that makes me sick. "Good fans" can't badmouth Callahan. "Good fans" can't get angry when their team is the better team but are coached to a loss. "Good fans" have to be all cheery and happy with a 9-5 season.

Get off your high horse and accept the fact that some people will voice a disapproving opinion of something or someone in the Husker program.

Barry Turner and Zach Potter are no Moore and Carriker and you never know about JUCO's.

Moore and Carriker weren't Moore and Carriker before they got their chance to shine either. Remember how we thought that it was Wali Muhammad's job to lose or how Carriker's name was projected to end up behind Adam Blankenship or Dontrell Moore and they almost moved Cryer over to BE because they weren't sure anyone else was going to be able to handle the job.... I have a feeling the D-Line will be fine.

Barry Turner and Zach Potter are no Moore and Carriker and you never know about JUCO's.

Moore and Carriker weren't Moore and Carriker before they got their chance to shine either. Remember how we thought that it was Wali Muhammad's job to lose or how Carriker's name was projected to end up behind Adam Blankenship or Dontrell Moore and they almost moved Cryer over to BE because they weren't sure anyone else was going to be able to handle the job.... I have a feeling the D-Line will be fine.

I agree with your post and I would also say that our D-line was never the issue this year...it was the lack of experince and depth at Safety and DB......The D-line will be very good...and we know that Bowman and Murillo will bolster the secondary........I expect this defense to be dominant

I am not saying that they won't be good, I am just saying that it will be a question mark because they are unproven. It is just like a pre-season poll, it is tough to pick because a lot of the time you are making decisions on hype alone. It is easy to say that the linebacking core will be good because we have returning starters and I think it is safe to say that the DB's will be better because... well it can't get much worse. I think the defense line could be very good next year... all I was stating was that it will be a question mark because really it is all off of hype and expectations, we still have to see yet how they play as a unit and remember the guys that were there were all seniors and Carriker and Moore had both started in the program for 3 and 2 year respectivly.

BASIC PRACTICE OF STATISTICS

Wow... you are worse then a reporter, you are using my quote totally out of context. I never said the d-line was bad this year... I just stated that we have to replace 4 starters on the line next year and that reason allow will be why it will be a question mark going into the season.