Ridiculously Early 2007 Prediction Thread

no scores but

@WF- close win, blackshirts come out ready, ruud continues streak of td int openers

Nevda- @blow out, Nveada scores first, but keller rallies troops from then

USC- close win, pull ahead early when USC is shocked by real fans, then hold off late comeback

Ball State- medium margin of victory, takingit easy and taking in USC

ISU- blow out, hopefully they imbrass them selves again with "the golden rule, beat nebraska"

@Mizzou-close win, first road big 12 always tough

OSU- median win, they won't be able to beat us 2 years in a row

TAMU- close win, they want to run but d-line comes big in breakout game

@TU- median loss, weren't ready for talented team, away

@KU- median win, what can I say its Kansas

KSU- median win, Freeman announces transfer after game jk, but we make him pay

@CU- blowout win, hawkins says something dumb again

big 12 champ- TU- W, pact Aerohead again + Keller + Purify= Big 12 championship

bowl- Orange- (unkwon)

I think we really need to stay focused evry week. We have to stay focused on each opponet and not be thinking about the game ahead. We also need to play 4 quarters of football if we are going to have a successful season. Im more nervous about okie st. and mizzou because there is no reason we should lose to them.

I think we really need to stay focused evry week. We have to stay focused on each opponet and not be thinking about the game ahead. We also need to play 4 quarters of football if we are going to have a successful season. Im more nervous about okie st. and mizzou because there is no reason we should lose to them.

both teams have a high powered offense, with plenty of veterans returning. the mizzou game really scares me because of their offense, plus we play in columbia, which is a place we havent done very well in recent years.

Sept. 1: Nevada W 45-17

Sept. 8: @ Wake Forest W 31-14

Sept. 15: USC W 24-21

Sept. 22: Ball State W 63-6

Sept. 29: Iowa State W 28-10

Oct. 6: @ Missouri L 14-24

Oct. 13: Oklahoma State W 49-24

Oct. 20: Texas A&M W 27-14

Oct. 27: @ Texas L 21-30

Nov. 3: @ Kansas W 34-28

Nov. 10: Kansas State W 42-3

Nov. 23: @ Colorado W 31-17

Big XII Championship: vs. Texas W 28-24

Fiesta Bowl: vs. Penn State W 31-21

12-2, Big XII Champions. Yes, I have big expectations, but we have a very good team this year and we're in year 4. It's a key year for Callahan, as 08 in all likelihood will be a rebuilding year.

Last years expectations were to win the north and go to the title game.

We did.

This year IMO winning the conference and getting a bcs game is a goal that is obtainable.

lots of question marks on the D and O lines....but hope you are right. could be a rocky start until these kids get more playing time together. as long as we see consistent improvement THROUGH THE SEASON, i won't complain. that means no clunkers (OSU) like we saw last year. that loss was inexcusable in my mind.

a well coached team with talent improves as the season moves along, i want to see that this year!

Totally agree.

I tend to over respect opponents. So my predictions aren't because of my lack of belief in my beloved, but because I always view our opponents as "Oh my god, how are we going to stop them?!?!?!?"

Nevada:

Win, pretty easily. Although, new QB in his first game, we could start slow and thus letting them think that they actually have a shot at winning this could be closer than expected. Especially considering how close they played the U last year.

42-14

Wake Forest:

Tough win. The fighting Grobes prove to be tougher than expected. Their ground pound attack will take its toll on our fresh new front 4 and will be very pesky and difficult to stop consistently. however, Sam Keller and Co will torch their secondary and Wake will not have the means to make a comeback with their offensive scheme.

42-28

USC:

Loss, pretty easily. Rey Maualuga will reak havoc all over the field for USC and we will be beaten down badly in our own barn. Sam Keller will throw for many yards and many INTs, if given the opportunity. If we game plan similarly to last year then we will obviously not. We will be able to run the ball slightly better than last year on these guys. Asante's pass coverage ability will be exploited this game, as he is much better on blitzing and run stopping than pass coverge (his scouting report).

17-28

Ball State:

With all due respect to the Cardinals as they have been improving the last few years and are much better than a typical Ball St team. This game is a joke.

A lot - a little

Iowa State:

I still think they're offense is loaded with talent, especially for an Iowa State team. Good lord, everyone returns that matters. As a Prep grad, that's tough to say with Hicks graduating, but it's probably true. These guys will have better coaching on the offensive side of the ball this year and NU will find out that ISU truly is like a elusive mosquito that just won't go away. ISU makes this close in spite of the fact that the game is in Lincoln.

35-24

Missouri:

Loss. Missouri's high powered offense is unstoppable and NU cannot pick up a win yet again in Columbia. This game will be very back and forth and will be the bud for the ensuing NU/MU rivalry in years to come. Because unlike other losses in Columbia, in this one MU will have to pull something out of their butt to beat us. And they will. And we will be not happy at all about it.

31-34

Okie Lite:

Loss. Adarius Bowman and Bobby Reid have a breakout year. Okie Lite beats OU as well this year. NU is really pissed that they lost both times to OSU and there starts to be lots of grumblings about the D.

31-42

A&M:

Win by the skin of our teeth. Just like last year the Husk will win, but probably shouldn't have. Luckily this will be a game where the friendly confines of Memorial will help our boys to a win. Stephen McGee shows lots of moxy in this game and wins the respect of many of the Husker nation. The defense actually is what will win this game for us.

20-19 (It seems like A&M scores are always goofy)

UT:

NU wins, barely. NU is pissed about last year and come out with a vengeance. Colt McCoy shows that he has no "Major Applewhite-ness" in him and folds early in the third quarter. NU plays it's best game of the season in Austin.

34-27

Kansas:

NU wins by a large margin. After the last two seasons, NU wants to send a message to the Fighting Manginos and does.

49-10

Kansas St:

Josh Freeman is by now settled in and become the QB we all thought he would be. But as will be his story for his whole career while at KSU has no help around him and must do it all, which as it turns out is not enough on this day.

38-23

Colorado:

The Hawk has his boys playing very well by now and despite a tough start to an early tough nonconference schedule the Buffs are now perhaps the hottest team in the North. Cody Hawkins/Nick Nelson will have a big day and be rewarded for their efforts. CU wins with a last second field goal.

24-27

Final Record: 8-4 (5-3)

Lowered expectations, huh? I pray to all that is Holy that your are wrong...

W Nebraska 38, Nevada 21

W Nebraska 21, Wake Forest 17

L USC 34, Nebraska 24

W Nebraska 41, Ball State 7

W Nebraska 31, Iowa State 14

L Missouri 30, Nebraska 26

W Nebraska 34, Oklahoma State 31

W Nebraska 31, Texas A&M 28

L Texas 26, Nebraska 17

W Nebraska 34, Kansas 24

W Nebraska 42, Kansas State 14

W Nebraska 21, Colorado 10

Big XII Title Game:

L Texas 17, Nebraska 14

Holiday Bowl vs. Arizona

W Nebraska 33, Arizona 20

10-4 and a 3 year contract extension for Coach Callahan....maybe

I'll make a bet with you Duster, if we lose to Mizzery I'll bic my head bald. And you wager........?

Nebraska 45 Nevada 14

Nebraska 31 Wake Forest 7

USC 31 Nebraska 24

Nebraska 42 Ball State 7

Nebraska 38 Iowa State 10

Nebraska 35 Missouri 17

Nebraska 56 Oklahoma State 38

Nebraska 31 Texas A&M 14

Nebraska 20 Texas 17

Nebraska 37 Kansas 20

Nebraska 42 Kansas State 14

Nebraska 38 Colorado 14