NU finishes season unranked.

Kinda hard to keep a 5 loss team in the rankings, even if 4 of the losses are to top 10 teams. That Cotton Bowl loss doesn't look as bad after Florida destroyed OSU.

actually, *nothing* looks as bad as OSU reaming from Florida.

of course, Florida still has the distinction of being the most humiliated team in national championship courtesy TO and the '95 huskers.

that's a stank that will stick with them forEVAH.

Every year Nebraska is treated with a sense of disrespect because we can no longer play up to our status in the 90's. Coming into the season not ranked with hopefully spark a flame within the team to bring Nebraska back to glory. Our recruiting class this year is very impressive which shows signs of hope for the future. The ranking does not surprise me, and it should not surprise anyone else. Most people have forgotten about the powerhouse that is Nebraska. Next year will be the start of our return to glory.

One of the radio DJ's just read off the USA Today's Top 25, namely the Big 12 teams and he said and I quote "Nebraska pre-season ranked #13". Anyone hear or see pre-season rankings already???

For next year? No I haven't seen any, but i would bet that we would be pretty high with the talent coming back.

One of the radio DJ's just read off the USA Today's Top 25, namely the Big 12 teams and he said and I quote "Nebraska pre-season ranked #13". Anyone hear or see pre-season rankings already???

Pre-season rankings are a joke. Nothing but a media tool to hype up early season matchups. Pre-season #2 vs. preseason #9.....Oooohhhhh a 'big' matchup to start the season. Or it gives a great story to an 'unknown' unranked team that knocks off a top #25. See Iowa '06 for example.

I don't think that any rankings should come out until the 3rd/4th game of the season. After teams are starting to show what they've got.

Here you go:

NU #13

1. Southern California

2. Michigan

3. Ohio State

4. LSU

5. Oklahoma

6. Florida

7. West Virginia

8. Louisville

9. Virginia Tech

10. Texas

11. Arkansas

12. Wisconsin

13. Nebraska

14. Tennessee

15. UCLA

16. Auburn

17. Wake Forest

18. Texas A&M

19. California

20. Boston College

21. Notre Dame

22. South Carolina

23. Georgia

24. Penn State

25. South Florida

When you are ranked 22nd and lose, how in the world do you expect to be ranked. Not a chance no matter who does the voting.

Win the games, do what is needed, we will be ranked. If not we won't. Quit blaming everyone else. The team failed to do what was needed, plain and simple.

Some are disappointed with the season. Last nites game gave me even more hope. We played with the team that beat the NC. A few more peices and a little more college coaching experience and we will be there. Maybe as early as next year. Rankiing means nothing. We were able to play with the Big boys for a change, be happy about it and give this program the time it needs to get back.

Here you go:

NU #13

1. Southern California

2. Michigan

3. Ohio State

4. LSU

5. Oklahoma

6. Florida

7. West Virginia

8. Louisville

9. Virginia Tech

10. Texas

11. Arkansas

12. Wisconsin

13. Nebraska

14. Tennessee

15. UCLA

16. Auburn

17. Wake Forest

18. Texas A&M

19. California

20. Boston College

21. Notre Dame

22. South Carolina

23. Georgia

24. Penn State

25. South Florida

For the most part, those rankings seem rather fair. Especially Notre Dame at 21. At last, the media strokefest ceases!